Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

What about the non productive shambles of the Diamond era and the scouting network? The Goodwillie contract screw up, the points deduction due to a player registration admin cock up....I don't think it's just one poor decision we are judging them on.

Of course they have made mistakes but everyone does. I would be prepared to forgive those past errors in judgement if they would listen to fans on the Duffy issue, admit they got it wrong and let the guy go - or at the very least, modify his role to remove any control over the new funding. 

The previous issues you've alluded to were all pretty awful in their own right but I don't think any of them even come close to the current situation and series of events which have led to it. If Thomson is too stubborn to admit he got it wrong then I agree he isn't fit for purpose but I remain hopeful he may see the light in the next week or so. 

5 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

The one thing that is sadly lacking in any of the stuff I’ve heard from Thomson or Maclean is a distinct lack of energy. That can spread through the place and only allows for decisions to be made when it’s too late. Examples being losing to Clydebank and Broomhill , yet making no managerial change.

If by 'lack of energy' you mean indecisiveness then yes, I absolutely agree. I don't really care whether they come across as particularly energetic or charismatic as some of the best leaders are sometimes fairly quiet, unassuming types in public. 

What worries me is that Thomson may have got to the stage within his own head that he is the only one who knows what's best with the Duffy situation and is prepared to take all manner of abuse and pressure in the meantime, as he waits for his plan to come to fruition. Sadly, I fear that time may never come and when Thomson realises this it will be too late.

Edited by RutherGlen

20 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Not sure how you did that, but that is not my post you have quoted....

I don’t know either, I was going to quote one of your posts last week and any time I wanted to post anything the quote kept appearing, I could only delete the quote but unable to delete the heading above.🤪

8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Of course they have made mistakes but everyone does. I would be prepared to forgive those past errors in judgement if they would listen to fans on the Duffy issue, admit they got it wrong and let the guy go - or at the very least, modify his role to remove any control over the new funding. 

The previous issues you've alluded to were all pretty awful in their own right but I don't think any of them even come close to the current situation and series of events which have led to it. If Thomson is too stubborn to admit he got it wrong then I agree he isn't fit for purpose but I remain hopeful he may see the light in the next week or so. 

Hope springs eternal

Again going back to the podcast interview, only last Friday the chairman was talking about how important having a ‘football minded’ person to assist the board was and how Duffys experience in the game was too valuable for the club to part with. That doesn’t sound like anything will change soon, especially as another key point he repeatedly went back to was more continuity within the club.

On the face of it what he is saying makes sense. Yes, having someone experienced to guide the board is in theory a good idea. However, in practice that appears to be Duffy playing to all his weaknesses like recruitment, contacts etc instead of his biggest strength which is coaching players on the training ground.

Continuity is important too but NOT if it’s the wrong people on board. Duffy should have gone, he’s not the correct fit and handing out 2 year deals with very little basis to failures like Peter grant or unknowns like the young RB just for continuity’s sake doesn’t seem wise either. Then there’s retaining guys like Cameron and Parry, there no point in continuity if it’s continually pish.

29 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

The one thing that is sadly lacking in any of the stuff I’ve heard from Thomson or Maclean is a distinct lack of energy. That can spread through the place and only allows for decisions to be made when it’s too late. Examples being losing to Clydebank and Broomhill , yet making no managerial change.

I wouldn't say its lacking at all

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

I was considering trying to organise a fans' boycott of the next home league game but I suspect that after Wednesday night I may not have to!

I can’t wait for the game on Wednesday.It will be some laugh getting beat by a university team and if Gordon Thomson and Duffy and McLean don’t resign then we will need to boycott the club.

45 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I can’t wait for the game on Wednesday.It will be some laugh getting beat by a university team and if Gordon Thomson and Duffy and McLean don’t resign then we will need to boycott the club.

I tend to agree but I'm not overly convinced we're going to lose the game and, in winning it, Duffy/McLean and the board will spin it as the start of the turnaround.

I think unless there is a marked shift in not only the performance but the general attitude and work ethic of the entire team then regardless of the result on Wednesday we need to start looking at other options - boycott included. 

8 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I will give it one more try then to your point above about who?

Who is waiting to run the club should all of them resign tomorrow on the back of the past couple of year's performances and decision-making?

Name names, otherwise it is just empty criticism. 

Also - let us, the rest of the fan base know what skills and experience these replacement Board members would have that would result in an improvement in fortunes.

You can't simply post three times a day repeating criticism without ever putting forward an alternative plan worth discussing. 

Well said wee man.  I have to say that I have cringed at a lot of your posts, both on here and on the Clyde website (even when you yourself were on the Board).  But you are bang on the money here.  If Gordon Thomson, John Taylor et al were to say:- "Enough is enough", who would we have to run the club?   It is a tough and thankless call.  If I recall correctly, you did not last too long on the board.  And that is NOT a criticism, as I would not have gone there myself and say respect to you and others who have done.  

35 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Well said wee man.  I have to say that I have cringed at a lot of your posts, both on here and on the Clyde website (even when you yourself were on the Board).  But you are bang on the money here.  If Gordon Thomson, John Taylor et al were to say:- "Enough is enough", who would we have to run the club?   It is a tough and thankless call.  If I recall correctly, you did not last too long on the board.  And that is NOT a criticism, as I would not have gone there myself and say respect to you and others who have done.  

Let's just accept a failing Board because no-one else fancies it...will you still be offering your grateful thanks for their selfless efforts when the club ends up in the lowland league?

35 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Let's just accept a failing Board because no-one else fancies it...will you still be offering your grateful thanks for their selfless efforts when the club ends up in the lowland league?

How many folk on this page who went on Saturday went up the stairs after the game and said directly to Mr Thomson he should go and take Duffy with him. I and a couple of others did say to his face.  Not abusive in any way ,just told him straight.  Too many hide behind keyboards but won't or don't say directly when the opportunity presents itself . Nobody ,not 1 critic and I include myself offers an alternative.  I'm just grateful there is someone out there prepared to invest.  Equally I'm worried it will be squandered . Too many on here with agendas and I firmly believe done actually want us to lose every week. So sad . 

2 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

How many folk on this page who went on Saturday went up the stairs after the game and said directly to Mr Thomson he should go and take Duffy with him. I and a couple of others did say to his face.  Not abusive in any way ,just told him straight.  Too many hide behind keyboards but won't or don't say directly when the opportunity presents itself . Nobody ,not 1 critic and I include myself offers an alternative.  I'm just grateful there is someone out there prepared to invest.  Equally I'm worried it will be squandered . Too many on here with agendas and I firmly believe done actually want us to lose every week. So sad . 

Some want us to lose I mean of course. 

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

I tend to agree but I'm not overly convinced we're going to lose the game and, in winning it, Duffy/McLean and the board will spin it as the start of the turnaround.

I think unless there is a marked shift in not only the performance but the general attitude and work ethic of the entire team then regardless of the result on Wednesday we need to start looking at other options - boycott included. 

I need to be clear on this.Stirling university is a full time team  and these boys are really fit.Don’t be deceived by their league position in the lowland league at the moment as they came close to winning the league last season.They are a good fit side and they will beat us.Mark my words.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I need to be clear on this.Stirling university is a full time team  and these boys are really fit.Don’t be deceived by their league position in the lowland league at the moment as they came close to winning the league last season.They are a good fit side and they will beat us.Mark my words.

You will be happy with that no doubt. 

15 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

If we lose to a Uni team I will be chucking it for the season.

If we lose on Wednesday night, particularly if it's yet another poor, spineless performance then I too will be chucking it for the season and cancelling all payments to the club until such times as Jim Duffy is no longer involved. 

I refuse to be complicit in our demise. 

Edited by RutherGlen