Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

… and what was his response?

I wonder if it was along the lines of, "I'd love to resign but apparently there's no one else in the country willing or able to take on the role." as that seems to be the thinking of some Clyde fans on here.

Edited by RutherGlen

52 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

You will be happy with that no doubt. 

Your living in the past.Wake up and acknowledge what is happening.We are on our way to the lowland league and I’m giving you years of warning but you can’t see it.We have the wrong board and the wrong football management team.We will get beat on Wednesday of that I have no doubt.

2 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Let's just accept a failing Board because no-one else fancies it...will you still be offering your grateful thanks for their selfless efforts when the club ends up in the lowland league?

Not at all.  I just can't see a queue to take their place right now.  

Say this board did resign en masse?  What then?   Not saying that that would be a disaster. Quite the opposite. But what then?

Edited by Fast_Action

3 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Not at all.  I just can't see a queue to take their place right now.  

Say this board did resign en masse?  What then?   Not saying that that would be a disaster. Quite the opposite. But what then?

Well for a start it would mean we could get rid of Duffy. Maybe a few fans would step in on a temporary basis and we could actually appoint someone to manage the team without someone interfering and constantly undermining them. Give the new manager the extra funds to sign a few players and see what happens. 

Could it be any worse than the status quo?

13 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Well for a start it would mean we could get rid of Duffy. Maybe a few fans would step in on a temporary basis and we could actually appoint someone to manage the team without someone interfering and constantly undermining them. Give the new manager the extra funds to sign a few players and see what happens. 

The defeat on Wednesday will be worse than broomhill and Clydebank added together.This is going to happen and let’s see them all dive for cover but there can be no coming back from that.Wednesday is this management team and board members day of reckoning.

10 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The defeat on Wednesday will be worse than broomhill and Clydebank added together.This is going to happen and let’s see them all dive for cover but there can be no coming back from that.Wednesday is this management team and board members day of reckoning.

If you're so confident of this why not put a few grand on Stirling? If you have it put a few hundred grand on them. That way you could become the new, improved mystery benefactor - only this time gonnae stipulate the board only get the money if they give Duffy the boot!

51 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I wonder if it was along the lines of, "I'd love to resign but apparently there's no one else in the country willing or able to take on the role." as that seems to be the thinking of some Clyde fans on here.

As has been said by others there is support for change at boardroom level but unless someone or some others make themselves known together with their plan as to how they plan to take the club forward then there won’t be any change.

Until that happens it can only be assumed that there is no one willing or able to take on the role

It is easy to say for this person or that person to resign but unless someone is there to take over it is just pointless.  It like asking a driver of a car to get out their seat but not have anyone to replace them.  The car will either stop or crash

I would be for change and would fully support anyone with a clearly thought out and understandable plan

I have no intention of putting myself forward to take over so don’t have the answer to the problem

I don’t think it needs to be someone with great business acumen or success in their field

Just someone who is organised and has the necessary desire and drive to make a  change and bring others plus the capacity to put in hours a week work for no financial recompense.  

Somewhat ominously I was just re-reading the story of a GLASGOW club who wore RED SHIRTS AND WHITE SHORTS who were ONCE GREAT but after a period of GROSS MISMANAGEMENT and FAST DWINDLING CROWDS then DROPPED OUT OF DIVISION 2 and DISAPPEARED.. Sad, but that's what happens to a team run by a DUFFer.......

So here’s another “only at Clyde” moment.

The CEO of a competitor Club in our league is a registered Clyde owner.

Is this not a fine example of “conflict of interest”?

Will he put the price up of us training there twice a week now he’s been officially written to by our Chairman purring about the new money?

9 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

So we should appoint a temporary board? Who would that be?

They should sack Duffy and appoint a new manager.

They should give this new manager extra funds and then the board should just walk away with no responsibility for the medium or long term future of the club.

Who would then deal with the SPFL?

Who would deal with sponsors?

Who would deal with the SFA?

Who would deal with suppliers?

Who would deal with issues raised by the new manager?

Who deals with player registrations?

Unfortunately, we're stuck with the current board until others put their heads above the parapet.

Edited by haufdaft

9 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Your living in the past.Wake up and acknowledge what is happening.We are on our way to the lowland league and I’m giving you years of warning but you can’t see it.We have the wrong board and the wrong football management team.We will get beat on Wednesday of that I have no doubt.

You're a p***k. Not a fan just an irrelevant nuisance. 

9 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

… and what was his response?

I got the impression he seems to think all will be well in the end .Promotion still the aim and despite the majority wanting Duffy out it won't happen . At least not in the short term. I mentioned the humiliations under his regime including losing to Broomhill and Clydebank in the one season. He doesn't accept his reign has been one of failure. To be fair he turned up and answered questions but I honestly think he is out of touch totally with the majority of the fans.  Can I let think he knows that some game changing signings are coming in. 

9 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

And you're an irrelevant p***k who isn't a Clyde fan. 

10 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

No Clyde fan is ever happy at losing but he’s being realistic and the worse things get the easier to remove people who have put us here 

In not happy with the board either but that doesn't mean I want us to lose to further an agenda Harry.  He is not even a Clyde fan by the sound of it .

9 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

I got the impression he seems to think all will be well in the end .Promotion still the aim and despite the majority wanting Duffy out it won't happen . At least not in the short term. I mentioned the humiliations under his regime including losing to Broomhill and Clydebank in the one season. He doesn't accept his reign has been one of failure. To be fair he turned up and answered questions but I honestly think he is out of touch totally with the majority of the fans.  Can I let think he knows that some game changing signings are coming in. 

Can only think he is aware of some game changing signings coming in. 

13 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I tend to agree but I'm not overly convinced we're going to lose the game and, in winning it, Duffy/McLean and the board will spin it as the start of the turnaround.

I think unless there is a marked shift in not only the performance but the general attitude and work ethic of the entire team then regardless of the result on Wednesday we need to start looking at other options - boycott included. 

I think Clyde will win tomorrow. (No real reason why, just my gut feeling.)