Clyde Season 23/24

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

MK buddy at the Record seems an even bigger fanny than the man himself - "We couldn't grab Kennedy. Shit we'll have to take a chance on some amateur instead". 

Screenshot_20231115-233753.png

What an absolute cringe this is turning out to be for the chicken man.

Jobby McCall’s pout these days is up there with Derek Zoolander. I can’t remember the last time I saw a picture of him where he wasn’t drappin’ a blue steel.

I’m particularly enjoying the EK fan(s) expressing their undying gratitude to the Chicken Man for ‘staying loyal’ and avoiding a job he had no chance of getting anyway. The only question is what tinpot outfit’s scarves they’ll have in their top drawer this time next year.

Edited by Ignoramus

There's few better lower league managers than Ian McCall. I'm fairly uncomfortable with the way he was dismissed by Thistle - I tend to agree that he was likely coming to the end of the road but the manner in which he was let go was incredibly poor in my opinion; I do think he deserved better than that from the club.

He's not without his flaws but overall, McCall has been very good for Thistle. His recruitment was consistently excellent and we were often well ahead of the queue for players; we've never had another manager in the modern era who used pre-contracts as well as McCall. Whilst not at Thistle, two of the most clinical lower league strikers in the last 20 years (Shankland and Dobbie) were picked up by McCall when they were going nowhere fast.

He signed the vast majority of our 2012/13 league winning side including plucking Doolan and Erskine from obscurity. He signed Liam Buchanan, Scott Chaplain and Paul Cairney, all of whom were tipped to move to bigger clubs than us at the time but who we nabbed on pre-contracts. He signed Marc Twaddle and Gary Harkins whose future sales kept the club afloat in 2009. This time around, he signed Harry Milne when it looked like he was destined for the Premiership, Zak Rudden, Jack McMillan and of course, the big beautiful b*****d that is Brian Graham to name a few.

He is well versed in dealing with "crisis clubs" and seems to me to be the perfect candidate for Clyde just now if he gets backing. For the record - and I might be in a minority of Thistle fans on this - but I don't get any pleasure from seeing the struggles of Clyde and I think it would be a damn shame if they dropped out of the league. With McCall, I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't turn things around eventually and avoid bottom spot. 

The media only love Kennedy because of that fucking cringeworthy speech he gave ahead of the Aberdeen game. Then he tried to repeat it against us and got his arse handed to him. He's an absolute buffoon and shouldn't be anywhere near an SPFL club. 

Look at his Twitter feed, the guy is an utter thicko.

If Clyde genuinely were looking at him then they've absolutely dodged a bullet. Comparing McCall to Kennedy is like comparing Mourinho to, well, Calumn Davidson I guess.

This really should be an excellent appointment for Clyde but some things to bear in mind from his time at Ayr:

He inherited a dreadful state of affairs from Mark Roberts with Ayr heading straight for L2. He made several signings immediately but we still only stayed up on the last day with a win at Forfar. The following summer he built a quality L1 squad that was still 'PT' but went 14 games unbeaten between mid August - end November, eventually taking us up via the playoffs behind a strong Dunfermline team. Once he managed to get us returned to full time football he built a ridiculously entertaining team (for us, relatively speaking).

He's quite reliant on players who played for him in the past. Which can go either way because you can tell players want to play for him but it depends where they are in there own career; he plucked a guy like Jamie Adams essentially out of amateur football who went on to become one of our most important (and loved) players over a few seasons. We also had Paul Cairney and Gary Harkins who didn't work out. I'm not sure who is still around who would fit that profile.

Craig Moore is still only 29 and at Darvel and if he's over his injury problems it wouldn't surprise me if McCall tries to get him...injury-free and on his day he's probably still too good for L2 and McCall absolutely loved him at Ayr.

I'm not sure how significant this'll be at L2 level (with respect) but it's important he gets his coaching team right. If he nails that then he should have you absolutely humming, eventually. 

I'm just glad my only connection to MK is a liking for Black Rooster, I wasn't interested in him being at Clyde or our team becoming soldiers of love. TV Cameras shouldn't be anywhere near a changing room for starters, secondly his speech v Falkirk is one of the worst, most cringiest things I have ever witnessed. I got to Soldiers of Love and canned it. I thought I was cringey but this guy put me in my place!

McCall on paper looks a good appointment, who comes in with him Neil Scally,   McCall recently took a watching role at training with Thistle, something I don't think he can do with Clyde....

What's the odds on a relegation play off final with EK. Must be pretty short at this stage ..

The pile in on Mick Kennedy has taken on epic proportions, buying the league's etc,  look at East Kilbride players and tell me 2 players that shouldn't be playing that level they are currently playing their trade,  I will give you Liam Brown the rest have found their level either on the way down from league 2 or on the way up from the juniors..

On 07/11/2023 at 10:49, Brian Carrigan said:

You're quite literally never going to convince anyone that appointing Mick Kennedy is a good idea

On 07/11/2023 at 10:49, Brian Carrigan said:

You're quite literally never going to convince anyone that appointing Mick Kennedy is a good idea

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

McCall on paper looks a good appointment, who comes in with him Neil Scally,   McCall recently took a watching role at training with Thistle, something I don't think he can do with Clyde....

What's the odds on a relegation play off final with EK. Must be pretty short at this stage ..

The pile in on Mick Kennedy has taken on epic proportions, buying the league's etc,  look at East Kilbride players and tell me 2 players that shouldn't be playing that level they are currently playing their trade,  I will give you Liam Brown the rest have found their level either on the way down from league 2 or on the way up from the juniors..

Andy Stirling IMO

22 hours ago, not man of the match said:

His arse collapsed at Clydebank as soon as Gordon Chisholm walked away, after spending a budget that didn’t exist as him and his mates did their best to kill off our club.

He failed at Morton. Did ok at Airdrie when spending money they didn’t have as they went bust. Won the Stirlingshire Cup at Falkirk.

Did nothing at United, cost QoS £20k. Lost the lottery at Thistle and went missing for years.

A bit of fortune at Ayr and then relegated Thistle.

We have our own reasons to dislike him but his stats are mince.

What fortune at Ayr do you speak of? Genuinely curious at what knowledge a Clydebank fan would have professional football?