Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Happy 2 years and 26 days birthday to our gaffer Darren Young  🇵🇪

What a great job he & his team have done during this time.... many highs in these culminating in our championship winning season & promotion to league 1 

My highlight was Stenny away last season, the Albion crowd & atmosphere created, topped off with Dale Carrick scoring the winner in the last minute ⚽️ 

The crowd went ballistic in a great way 🇦🇹 it was the perfect away trip ending 👌 

Bino's Bino's ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the news on Facebook that Darren Young has signed a 2 year extension at the club.

I’m absolutely delighted with the news and glad it’s been sorted early to allow him to continue to build for next season, rather than it all being left to the last minute.

Genuinely think Young’s appointment has been the best thing to happen to the club in recent times. This view isn’t solely down to winning the league last season but more the feeling you get with regards to the playing side of the club, take away his initial firefighting when he first came in, his signings have been by and large good, and even those that maybe didn’t quite work, none have been a disaster and the squad has continued to improve under his leadership.

He’s a safe pair of hands, that I was delighted to get in the first place but has remained so for 2 and a half years now and I look forward to seeing just how far he can take us.

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Just read the news on Facebook that Darren Young has signed a 2 year extension at the club.

I’m absolutely delighted with the news and glad it’s been sorted early to allow him to continue to build for next season, rather than it all being left to the last minute.

Genuinely think Young’s appointment has been the best thing to happen to the club in recent times. This view isn’t solely down to winning the league last season but more the feeling you get with regards to the playing side of the club, take away his initial firefighting when he first came in, his signings have been by and large good, and even those that maybe didn’t quite work, none have been a disaster and the squad has continued to improve under his leadership.

He’s a safe pair of hands, that I was delighted to get in the first place but has remained so for 2 and a half years now and I look forward to seeing just how far he can take us.

Yes i absolutely agree with you & i genuinely think that the board have done well in recognition of his hard work 👏 

It's appreciated by the fans & in general the rapport is very good both ways.

I also think that he would have had talks about the squad,his vision & i believe he will have had some assurances 

Looking forward to tomorrow and many more games under Darren as our boss 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Best January signing of the window is the gaffer for another 2 & half years 👏👏👏 🇵🇪

Well done to the board also 👍 

Obviously the board had to act quick when they heard Klopp was off and LFC sniffing around for a new manager.

I'm just thankful we haven't gone down the ex-OF route like Barry F, Peter Grant, Dodds or god forbid "Big Dunc".

Good news.

Agree with the above. Darren youngs appointment turned us around after years of mediocrity.

Best manager we've had since Allan Moore.

Let's hope they let him build a squad capable of staying in this league for a while

Looking forward to Saturday and hopefully carrying momentum of last week's win with us.. a wee bit of confidence in the squad now, getting stronger on the park & the bench,Sam Bird is available after the 30 day registration period, & the gaffer signs an extension to his own contract 

January worked out well for us, a busy February ahead but we can hopefully look after ourselves in these games & climb the table a bit more,

Scoring 5 on Saturday was brilliant, so pleased for the whole team, Josh ⚽⚽⚽️ with a little bit of payback after his last game against Kelty when he got red carded, Offord & Wilson did great off the bench too 👏 especially seeing the hunger on the park & squad pulling for each other, 

Happy Bino's in the stands, nice touch in memory of young Murray ❤️ 

Both sets of fans & players coming together 👏👏

Only spoiler was the one idiot in the crowd with the racist abuse, hopefully it's dealt with & eradicated from our club with immediate effect, we are & always will be inclusive to all.

Let's get behind the Bino's on Saturday & hopefully a positive result against Hartleys troops from Cove 

Bino's Bino's ❤️ 🇵🇪

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

You forgot that Crane is now available after his Red Card against Montrose @Beepee67. It’s going to be a hard job for Young deciding who starts and who finishes this weekend.

@BB_Bino...  this is very true 👍 

I'm still raving about Crane's performance up at Montrose, one of the best I've seen all season, & eventful to say the least..

Cooper must be brimming with confidence after his treble & will feel like he's earned a place in the starting 11 

Wilson did his chances no harm along with Offord coming off the bench...

Tough one for DY... but I'm sure he'd prefer the current situation compared to November when the injury list was chronic...

He may also have Tuesday in mind, whatever the call we shall be right behind the team  🇵🇪

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

@BB_Bino...  this is very true 👍 

I'm still raving about Crane's performance up at Montrose, one of the best I've seen all season, & eventful to say the least..

Cooper must be brimming with confidence after his treble & will feel like he's earned a place in the starting 11 

Wilson did his chances no harm along with Offord coming off the bench...

Tough one for DY... but I'm sure he'd prefer the current situation compared to November when the injury list was chronic...

He may also have Tuesday in mind, whatever the call we shall be right behind the team  🇵🇪

Aye, looking forward to seeing the new additions. It's a strong squad now and more than capable of mid-table - I don't want to get giddy about play-offs yet. And hopefully Aberdeen aren't sniffing about DY for their new manager 😂.

6 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Aye, looking forward to seeing the new additions. It's a strong squad now and more than capable of mid-table - I don't want to get giddy about play-offs yet. And hopefully Aberdeen aren't sniffing about DY for their new manager 😂.

@SA45 unless the sheep slap on the table a £5 million compensation package 😆

Yes on the strength of things mid table would go down as a good season, i definitely feel like we belong in this league & shown we can compete with a bit of belief & confidence 💪 🇵🇪

Although I don’t think Aberdeen have any intention of going for Young, I do wonder if/why any Full Time offers have ever/never been on the table for him. He had Albion Rovers punching above their weight, and arguably East Fife too, and he’s obviously doing a grand job with ourselves.

When you consider his background in the game and some of the other people who’ve had a stab at Full Time football, I do wonder why guys like Young, Petrie and maybe even Naismith get overlooked.

Edited by BB_Bino

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. I'm interviewing Darren Young soon for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview" (which you can all preview on Spotify and Youtube :]) and I wanted to get yourselves involved. I recently had the pleasure of Stuart Hunter, manager of Bo'ness, on the show and I asked the BU supporters for their questions and views. Worked a charm for a nice wee fun ending to a really insightful show.

So, is there anything you guys would like me to ask Darren next week on the show? Can be as serious or silly as you like, or the mention of a funny story, anything you fancy! Very happy to share it here when it's up, and I hope you'll enjoy it when it's out!

10 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all. I'm interviewing Darren Young soon for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview" (which you can all preview on Spotify and Youtube :]) and I wanted to get yourselves involved. I recently had the pleasure of Stuart Hunter, manager of Bo'ness, on the show and I asked the BU supporters for their questions and views. Worked a charm for a nice wee fun ending to a really insightful show.

So, is there anything you guys would like me to ask Darren next week on the show? Can be as serious or silly as you like, or the mention of a funny story, anything you fancy! Very happy to share it here when it's up, and I hope you'll enjoy it when it's out!

How it feels to get defeated consistently by all FK clubs? 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

He's obviously had a good career at the top end of the Scottish game as a player, and has a good track recorded in the lower leagues as a manager of 3 clubs......but does Darren still hold out for that move into Full Time Football Management or is he happy with his day job and working in the game Part Time?

During his time at the club, his signings have, by and large been good ones....there have been very few flops. How does he go about targeting the players he wants at this level?? 

He and his brother spent a large part of their playing days together at Aberdeen and Dunfermline, and obviously both have gone into Coaching and Darren into management, but why have they never worked together since hanging up the boots?