Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Last season was successful in getting to the playoffs and no less that the club targeted. This season the target is Premier league and at worst Playoffs. Time will tell if this happens but I see no reason why not with a few bumps in the road for sure though. 

I have followed Airdrie for over 50 years now and have seen all the ups and downs in this time, This is by far one of the best sides we have put together in my time but also one of the best set ups behind the scenes in the boardroom and I can see nothing but an upwards trajectory for the club and the current manager. 

One thing the team does need is everyone behind them not asking if the manager has taken them as far as he can after one, Yes hefty, Defeat. Let's not take away from Ayr who got it right on Friday and stopped Airdrie from playing how we can, The next time we play them you would hope to see lessons learned and a different outcome. Again, Time shall tell.  

Agree with a lot you are saying Rock,   but remember this is not the Airdrie Facebook page , this is an open forum, been following the club for 40 years,  

Let's not try and make this a happy clapping site,   

If you like back on my previous posts regarding Rhys,   I still believe he is our best player, and one of the best players in the league, ,  I also believe if a club position comes up that interests him he will be gone,  no matter.how good or bad our club is doing....

Only thing I can take you to task is Premier League,  I think that is a step too far,    Reach for the stars and all that jazz, though...

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree with a lot you are saying Rock,   but remember this is not the Airdrie Facebook page , this is an open forum, been following the club for 40 years,  

Let's not try and make this a happy clapping site,   

If you like back on my previous posts regarding Rhys,   I still believe he is our best player, and one of the best players in the league, ,  I also believe if a club position comes up that interests him he will be gone,  no matter.how good or bad our club is doing....

Only thing I can take you to task is Premier League,  I think that is a step too far,    Reach for the stars and all that jazz, though...

I would not say a bit of belief in your team and optimism is "Happy Clapping" and to be honest the team has given nothing but hope and optimism over the past few years under Rhys McCabe. 

I agree that the manager will be off no matter what the outcome of this season is and if a top six job in Scottish Premiership or Decent job down south pops up he will be away as well as he has that ambition and his stock is high at the moment. 

Not really sure what the Facebook comment is about but I think that's just went over my head to be honest. 

I can understand your thinking about the Premier league and it is a big ask but this season I see no real reason why Airdrie can't win the league or playoffs as in my opinion it's anyone's to win, But equally by that theory so is the drop. As I say time will tell and for now I'll ride the Hype train until otherwise faced with a different proposition.  

25 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Agreed Fordyce is a miss and was especially a miss on Friday with his leadership. Todorov, Not as sure he would have made any difference. 

You don’t think having someone with a physical presence as an out ball in a game where we couldn’t get out our half but continued to play it short would have helped? Ok. I’m sure it wouldnt have done any harm.

As for reasons for not winning the league or play offs - lack of a plan B, lack of experience and some teams having better players unfortunately might play a part. Not to say I don’t think we can make the play offs but the league feels a huge task. 

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

You don’t think having someone with a physical presence as an out ball in a game where we couldn’t get out our half but continued to play it short would have helped? Ok. I’m sure it wouldnt have done any harm.

As for reasons for not winning the league or play offs - lack of a plan B, lack of experience and some teams having better players unfortunately might play a part. Not to say I don’t think we can make the play offs but the league feels a huge task. 

Time will tell and new faces to come in still, Let's see how it pans out.

57 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Hello, I'm new here. I've already seen a few absolute heads gone posts, calling out one in particular. I hope that's all it is, Heads gone !!

Face Palm Reaction GIF by wade.photo

12 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I think it was McGregor’s pace in behind we missed more than todorov, especially with their high line. Todorov played in our last game at Somerset and we still lost. 

59 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

his is by far one of the best sides we have put together in my time but also one of the best set ups behind the scenes in the boardroom and I can see nothing but an upwards trajectory for the club and the current manager. 

In my time watching Airdrie last years team is, in my opinion not as good as the mid 90's team or the Spanish Armada, but it the best team since our resurrection. What I do agree with is that the off field set up seems as good as we've had in my time watching, the mid 90's back room team ultimately led to liquidation and Archibald had no money (although his model would have worked, not that different to the relationship with Consilium now). As for how far Rhys can take us, if you look at our crowds we are a lower Championship level team so playoffs I think is as good as we can aim for then you never know, would be tough being a prem team on 1000 home fans though.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

I think it was McGregor’s pace in behind we missed more than todorov, especially with their high line. Todorov played in our last game at Somerset and we still lost. 

I think we’ve missed mcgregor hugely so agree on that. Only mentioned Todorov as it was said he wouldn’t have made a difference. I’m not saying for one minute we’d have won so - please don’t interpret it as that (we obviously wouldnt, we got run ragged and outclassed all over) but I think we missed his physicality - and will continue to do so at times across this season. 

10 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

I agree with this and it was a huge miss indeed. 

3 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

In my time watching Airdrie last years team is, in my opinion not as good as the mid 90's team or the Spanish Armada, but it the best team since our resurrection. What I do agree with is that the off field set up seems as good as we've had in my time watching, the mid 90's back room team ultimately led to liquidation and Archibald had no money (although his model would have worked, not that different to the relationship with Consilium now). As for how far Rhys can take us, if you look at our crowds we are a lower Championship level team so playoffs I think is as good as we can aim for then you never know, would be tough being a prem team on 1000 home fans though.

Again agreed, I said this is one of the best and the two mentioned are very good sides, Still wonder how far that armada would have went if given the chance. 

As for tough as a Premiership team on our crowds, Sure would be, But a nice dilemma to have.  

58 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

I would not say a bit of belief in your team and optimism is "Happy Clapping" and to be honest the team has given nothing but hope and optimism over the past few years under Rhys McCabe. 

I agree that the manager will be off no matter what the outcome of this season is and if a top six job in Scottish Premiership or Decent job down south pops up he will be away as well as he has that ambition and his stock is high at the moment. 

Not really sure what the Facebook comment is about but I think that's just went over my head to be honest. 

I can understand your thinking about the Premier league and it is a big ask but this season I see no real reason why Airdrie can't win the league or playoffs as in my opinion it's anyone's to win, But equally by that theory so is the drop. As I say time will tell and for now I'll ride the Hype train until otherwise faced with a different proposition.  

A lot link Rhys to jobs, was he in the running for Raith did they even consider him.....   What i do know and other well.kent faces will roll their eyes  with this statement,    Rhys McCabe currently does not hold the required coaching badges to manager down south or in the Premier League,   the only qualified coach we have at the club who  has helped us to get Bronze status  is ATS...

I agree we need at least 2 players. (2 loan slots available although that is to be confirmed)    A Centre Half and a Striking option... 

Will we get them ,   we need them.....

1 hour ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Agreed Fordyce is a miss and was especially a miss on Friday with his leadership. Todorov, Not as sure he would have made any difference. 

Maybe not,Toddy was one of our players that could mix it a bit ,to say we played bad would be a understatement,a good 4or5. were worse than that , Really don't know what ATS  must be thinking ,

15 hours ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

You see no reason we can't win the league ,being realistic there's at least 8or 9 reasons ,

38 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

You see no reason we can't win the league ,being realistic there's at least 8or 9 reasons ,

It's Friday morning, Try smiling grumpy.

8 or 9 reasons, Utter tripe !!

Nobody including myself is saying we are definitely going to win the league and it is a big task, but we have as much chance as anyone.  

7 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Nobody including myself is saying we are definitely going to win the league and it is a big task, but we have as much chance as anyone.  

But you also said we have as much chance as going down,     covering your bases well here Rock,   which is it...

Welcome to the forum,  regret it yet..

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

But you also said we have as much chance as going down,     covering your bases well here Rock,   which is it...

Welcome to the forum,  regret it yet..

A very good point, Yes this is correct as this Championship is as tight as it's ever been and as much as anyone can go win it I do think equally as a consequence anyone could be relegated as well. Although recent developments at Dunfermline might create a safety net for the automatic relegation spot as that looks a club in dire trouble. Time will tell. 

35 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Reasons being teams,tripe  well  I hope so ,