Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

9 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Perhaps Mcgratten at Lwb? If he sticks to a back 5

I did consider that but he'd worry the life out of me defensively and Megwa would blow him away down that side, but yes if we do go back 5 then it looks the only option.

For me, we have to setup as a 4 4 1 1,   we don't have the ability to go toe to toe with anybody just now,  back to basics,  shut space down and play our way into the game,  it won't be pretty but never is these days...

Wright in goals although we all know it will be Johnston...

McDonald RB

Watson CB

Graham CB. Pick up his namesake

LBM.   LBM

A tight midfield diamond of Gallagher, Frizzell, Aiken, McGrattan

McGregor. In the free role Infront of midfield,  with his duties of tracking Megwas runs.

Wilson up top,  in a thankless role..

That's basically it,  if Rhys tries to pass out from our goalie again and we get caught then he is s basically begging for the tin tack.. we all know how it ends up...

Firhill back in the day used to be the best away day out,  now it has lost the appeal,  stuck in the old stand,  kept back after game etc,  give us Stenny or the recs any day,   ( maybe sooner than we realise)

52 minutes ago, Passionate said:

For me, we have to setup as a 4 4 1 1,   we don't have the ability to go toe to toe with anybody just now,  back to basics,  shut space down and play our way into the game,  it won't be pretty but never is these days...

McDonald RB

Watson CB

LBM.   LBM

McGregor. In the free role Infront of midfield,  with his duties of tracking Megwas runs.

That's basically it,  if Rhys tries to pass out from our goalie again and we get caught then he is s basically begging for the tin tack.. we all know how it ends up...

Firhill back in the day used to be the best away day out,  now it has lost the appeal,  stuck in the old stand,  kept back after game etc,  give us Stenny or the recs any day,   ( maybe sooner than we realise)

One of the centre backs would go and bring in ATS maybe a wee bit slower but a lot more experience,

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

McDonald RB

Watson CB

LBM.   LBM

I can't forget Wright's performance at Dundee although there's not much between them but MJ should have more scope of improvement in him.

I remember Frizz played at left wingback and he did a really good job , he has good "gettinaboutyou" ability. That would give us the creativity that we will miss from Hancock. Megwa was brilliant in defence but never had many assists or goals (I'm sure someone will correct me here) so I would be less worried about him and more worried about us getting the ball in the net.

I would play Mochrie in the role behind Wilson as if he is ever going to show some effort it will be as a response to his weak penalty effort and I'd get McGrattan on the park as he has shown some nice touches over the last few weeks. ATS in the centre of a back 5 is a good shout to get some stability in there.