Berwick Rangers 23/24

Redcar

Quiet pre-season for Berwick. 

Jonny Devers (Whitehill) signed a few weeks ago and Alfie Robinson (Gretna/Broomhill) has signed today. Add to that, Kane O'Connor who didn't play at all last season due to injury. 

Mucof the squad last year has been re-signed. 

On 14/06/2024 at 21:39, Redcar said:

Jonny Devers (Whitehill) signed a few weeks ago and Alfie Robinson (Gretna/Broomhill) has signed today. Add to that, Kane O'Connor who didn't play at all last season due to injury. 

Signed the lad Laidlaw from Arniston too👍

On 14/06/2024 at 21:39, Redcar said:

Would hope there would be a little more activity during pre season friendlies !!

Questions from the south are;- Are we expecting a new kit this season.

Are we expecting a new first team sponsor 

Whats with the MKM Shielfield

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Open training session how desperate can you’s be lol. Look forward to turning you’s over this upcoming season.

Also looking forward to reminding you of this post, when Cowden shit the bed and Liam hands Cowden their own asses😉

Edited by berwicksfinest

1 hour ago, berwicksfinest said:

Also looking forward to reminding you of this post, when Cowden shit the bed and Liam hands Cowden their own asses😉

Have enjoyed relighting our rivalry since coming down, a game in the calendar I look forward to. How are you feeling about berwicks upcoming season?

50 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Have enjoyed relighting our rivalry since coming down, a game in the calendar I look forward to. How are you feeling about berwicks upcoming season?

Gives the season a bit of added excitement having a rivalry with another club. Having worked for Cowdenbeath a few seasons ago it's not as big a rivalry for me but still a game I look forward too.

22 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

Would hope there would be a little more activity during pre season friendlies !!

Plenty going on behind the scenes I can assure you. Which will hopefully show next season.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Absolutely, hoping for a stable season to build on, always assuming my blood pressure doesn't get the better of me, How's your prediction  for Cowden's season ??

30 minutes ago, JCScouting said:

Plenty going on behind the scenes I can assure you. Which will hopefully show next season.

I hope so, Can you put a word in for bigger replica shirts, they are just not made for the more Rotund gentleman, please

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I think there will be a few more permanent signings, and a repeat of several loanees. (4 really good loanees from St. Johnstone last season). No probs with having an open day - plenty of out of contract players looking for a club who may be worth looking at. 

The core of the team - Antell, Nelson,  McCormack, O'Connor, Barr, Buchanan, Laidlaw - is strong, and I expect an improved league position this year. But We need to repair finances (and rising gate numbers & sponsorship will slowly do that), so I doubt we'll be strong enough to compete at the top 

Who knows, though. This is Thomas Scobbie's first full season. I think he could be our best manager for a generation. 

On 19/06/2024 at 22:16, berwicksfinest said:

MKM are a large building supply company with branches all over NE England and Eastern Scotland. And of course, a large presence in Berwick. 

I guess there are links to Chairman Kev Dixon's own building company. No idea how much they've paid to add their initials to the front of 'Shielfield Park', but it is welcome income, for minimal change. 

16 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

I hope so, Can you put a word in for bigger replica shirts, they are just not made for the more Rotund gentleman, please

I can certainly ask the question what size would you be after? Can private message me if you wish. 

2 hours ago, JCScouting said:

I can certainly ask the question what size would you be after? Can private message me if you wish. 

Thank you, quite honestly bigger ther better but 5XL would be fantastic 

20 hours ago, Redcar said:

MKM are a large building supply company with branches all over NE England and Eastern Scotland. And of course, a large presence in Berwick. 

I guess there are links to Chairman Kev Dixon's own building company. No idea how much they've paid to add their initials to the front of 'Shielfield Park', but it is welcome income, for minimal change. 

They are actually all franchises so it would be your local depot who is sponsoring. Decent enough company usually with some depots being better than others due to the set up. 

On 20/06/2024 at 18:35, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Open training session how desperate can you’s be lol. Look forward to turning you’s over this upcoming season.

Don't see much wrong with it looking at free agents, most clubs including ours will be doing similar in pre season training. Berwick have their core squad so I doubt they will be desperate.

23 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

Absolutely, hoping for a stable season to build on, always assuming my blood pressure doesn't get the better of me, How's your prediction  for Cowden's season ??

Signings have been very good and good core have been kept. Dougies first managers gig so unsure how he’ll set up, but the signs are positive. Its always the hope that kills you