Bronze License

Greenmachine

Here is an illustration of the pitch slope problem for Bonnyrigg if they are to obtain a Bronze licence.  (subject to the accuracy of the map).

https://www.freemaptools.com/elevation-finder.htm

image.thumb.png.cdfe0490318b9faef6688e7ac1cc8646.png

The licensing rules place a limit of 1:40 on the slope of a pitch for a Bronze licence.  The width of New Dundas Park is circa 60m. That would allow for a 1.5m drop over the width.  The illustration above suggests a 2.6m drop at the Dundas Street end of the ground and 2.5m at the other end.  I'm sure that it is possible to level it or at least reduce the slope, but it won't be cheap.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

According to Iain McMenemy, the grace period being given to existing SPFL member clubs is one year.  

All voted in favour to move up to bronze over the next season by the latest.

I guess the more pertinent question is whether promotion candidates would be afforded the same grace period if they asked for a waiver.

Waivers are always only granted season by season

20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is an illustration of the pitch slope problem for Bonnyrigg if they are to obtain a Bronze licence.  (subject to the accuracy of the map).

https://www.freemaptools.com/elevation-finder.htm

image.thumb.png.cdfe0490318b9faef6688e7ac1cc8646.png

The licensing rules place a limit of 1:40 on the slope of a pitch for a Bronze licence.  The width of New Dundas Park is circa 60m. That would allow for a 1.5m drop over the width.  The illustration above suggests a 2.6m drop at the Dundas Street end of the ground and 2.5m at the other end.  I'm sure that it is possible to level it or at least reduce the slope, but it won't be cheap.

I’m sure somebody provided data earlier that was obtained on site but you won’t be far off. The chairman told me a few years ago that the cost would be “astronomical“ but of course that was related to EOS levels of income so maybe it’s more realistic now.

I took some match photos for him a few years back and told him I had levelled the pitch for him in Photoshop. He called me a cheeky c**t 😎

Edited by The Mantis

On 19/07/2023 at 13:01, Footballfirst said:

According to Iain McMenemy, the grace period being given to existing SPFL member clubs is one year.  

All voted in favour to move up to bronze over the next season by the latest.

I guess the more pertinent question is whether promotion candidates would be afforded the same grace period if they asked for a waiver.

In literally the same thread of tweets he has noted that the process through which clubs apply for waivers isn't changing.