Heart of Midlothian B 2023/24

Alberto Spencer

18 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

From memory Cowdenbeath had just over 300 (including a few away fans but not many) for the Friday night home match against Hearts on the windiest winter night you could imagine.

I said at the time I would welcome them trying that now and again. A late summer Friday evening with a nice bit of weather could attract a decent crowd.

It was 303

3 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

On the off chance I get a response, anyone know if you can bring a dog to Ainslie Park? Hoping to get along Friday night but trying to sort logistics. Cheers.

Spartans forum maybe quicker replies.

12 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

On the off chance I get a response, anyone know if you can bring a dog to Ainslie Park? Hoping to get along Friday night but trying to sort logistics. Cheers.

Apart from service dogs, they don’t seem to be allowed. Hutchison Vale who play there as well always mention it on their matchday graphic.

34600A8D-DB28-443F-8CF6-1F53240C111E.png

18 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

No dogs allowed but they do have resident family of foxes who I've seen getting fed with sausage rolls or on occasions run across the pitch (I don't mean Hearts B coach Liam Fox).

The game on Friday was certainly a game of two halves.  Bo'ness the better side first with the wind advantage and a cracker of an opening goal, but Hearts B literally blew them away with the wind in the first 20 of the second.

A good game for the neutral and some fairly hefty challenges which I think the ref let go for too long before clamping down a bit.

Crowd around the 450 mark.

Looking forward to next season, Hearts will have to replace players who are no longer eligible at U20 (those born in 2004). Of those, Pollock and Kirk have contracts for next season, while Flatman, Dall, Gordon and Thomas are all out of contract and likely to be released. McFarlane is also a 2004, but he has a contract and keepers can be a year older so remains eligible.

Given Pollock was with the 1st team and Flatman and Kirk were out on loan, only three regularly playing B Team football in the second half of this season need replaced.  Tait, who is a year younger, has also progressed to the 1st team, so is unlikely to feature.

The rest of the current squad will be a year older and more experienced at LL level so can be expected to compete towards the top end of the table once again.  However I don't think they have the same depth among those coming through who will be 17/18. They do have a good crop of 16 year olds though, so I think they will seek to balance the squad with one third at 19, one third at 17/18 and one third at 16. 

The challenge for the younger ones is to get up to speed with the pace and physicality of the league, so they could be more vulnerable in the first couple of months of the season.     

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Looking forward to next season, Hearts will have to replace players who are no longer eligible at U20 (those born in 2004). Of those, Pollock and Kirk have contracts for next season, while Flatman, Dall, Gordon and Thomas are all out of contract and likely to be released. McFarlane is also a 2004, but he has a contract and keepers can be a year older so remains eligible.

Given Pollock was with the 1st team and Flatman and Kirk were out on loan, only three regularly playing B Team football in the second half of this season need replaced.  Tait, who is a year younger, has also progressed to the 1st team, so is unlikely to feature.

The rest of the current squad will be a year older and more experienced at LL level so can be expected to compete towards the top end of the table once again.  However I don't think they have the same depth among those coming through who will be 17/18. They do have a good crop of 16 year olds though, so I think they will seek to balance the squad with one third at 19, one third at 17/18 and one third at 16. 

The challenge for the younger ones is to get up to speed with the pace and physicality of the league, so they could be more vulnerable in the first couple of months of the season.     

Flatman to be released.? I assumed his loan was to help his development about staying?

What's your thoughts on McLuckie, Sandilands and Wilson? Do you think they will play LL next season with more 1st team time like Denholm or Tait or maybe a loan out? 

3 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Flatman to be released.? I assumed his loan was to help his development about staying?

What's your thoughts on McLuckie, Sandilands and Wilson? Do you think they will play LL next season with more 1st team time like Denholm or Tait or maybe a loan out? 

I think an early decision was made on Flatman and he was loaned out to allow Hearts to develop other younger centre backs.

I'd expect all three to start the season in the LL. However, they, along with Forrester, Drysdale and Rathie, will all get the opportunity to show what they can do in pre season with the 1st team. It's up to them to show that they have what it takes to be part of Naismith's plans going forward.