Stenhousemuir v Forfar

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Aye he’s nowhere near good enough. He’s so lightweight, he’s not that quick & his composure is horrendous.

Signed just to bring the numbers up I reckon.

We need at least 1 more striker in quickly, because if like today we end the game with Ross/Thommo/Watson we won't be hitting any barn doors...

Jamieson at cb was immense, Morrison is also just brilliant despite the fact he can’t cross. Seb Ross and Watson are infuriating because you get a chance and know you’re not going to score.  good game spoiled by a lack of goals and constant diving from players in maroon 

Decent game, despite the lack of goals. 

Stenny looked much better at the back with Buchanan and Jamieson looking a solid pairing, both were excellent today. Thought all of our backline had a good game. Jamieson is a monster and won everything but Bilham showed a level of composure and touch that I didn't expect from him. He switched off a couple of times but got to give the lad credit. 

DJ is a revelation and brings a reassurance to our defence, that has been required for a number of years. 

Midfield, a part from his chance in the first half, the game went past Wedderburn. I thought he would've been subbed for Berry earlier on. Anderson was tremendous and it's good to see his passing and decision making are improving. O'Reilly threatened but was guilty of taking that extra touch or two. Good performance from him though and he took a sore one from a Forfar player, who slid in needlessly from the side, as O'Reilly was already being tackled by another Forfar player. Forfar fans shouting diving b*****d at him was pretty funny. Ref completely missed it. 

Aitken... ... You can tell by his demeanour that he isn't going to press or work hard, can see him infuriating me throughout the season. Definitely need another striker to come in. 

Morrison for Forfar was tremendous but Moore and Paterson gave good accounts of themselves too. 

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I wasn't fully focusing on it so can't be 100% sure but was Yates not booted off the ball right in front of the linesman?

No, he threw himself to the floor Like Stenny did all day

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

There were a few comical dives for sure but I really though he was cleaned out.

One I missed was Bilham going down off the ball as we were countering. The assistant was so far behind play, that he never saw it and neither did the ref. Kinlay didn't make much of it. 

1 minute ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

One I missed was Bilham going down off the ball as we were countering. The assistant was so far behind play, that he never saw it and neither did the ref. Kinlay didn't make much of it. 

He went down holding his foot as if he had been 2 footed . Totally fine a minute later . 

1 minute ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

If by didn’t make much of it you mean he screamed, pretended to be injured until play stopped and then shouted at the ref I agree. There was a good two yards between him and the Forfar player 

2 minutes ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Maybe I'm misremembering but it was stand side, about the half way line. Certainly kicked up a bit of a fuss whoever it was.

Nicky Jamieson is an animal. You could tell the boy Skelly is a reasonable player who has done well in the diddy cup but he looked a modest mouse against the big man.

Positive signs yesterday. Defence and keeper looked good, Mikey Anderson was different class. If we can get the forward players on it then we will do well this season.

Forfar were OK. If that's a league rival for the title though we don't have much to worry about. Some good players but lack a cutting edge.

37 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Forfar were OK. If that's a league rival for the title though we don't have much to worry about. Some good players but lack a cutting edge.

We can literally say that about you?

yous passed the ball about well but lacked the cutting edge as well. Both teams were defensively sound which lead to few chances.

14 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

We can literally say that about you?

yous passed the ball about well but lacked the cutting edge as well. Both teams were defensively sound which lead to few chances.

You can say that about us if you wish aye.

I won't take offence like a little bitch. It's just an opinion.

11 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Maybe I'm misremembering but it was stand side, about the half way line. Certainly kicked up a bit of a fuss whoever it was.

Calum Moore's hand caught Kinlay Bilham' face, possibly by accident. Nonetheless Moore got himself away over the other side of the park very quickly. This was second half, roughly 10 yards from the half way line. 

53 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You can say that about us if you wish aye.

I won't take offence like a little bitch. It's just an opinion.

I’m no taking offence at all.

just think it’s weird to say not much to worry about for a title race. The league is the most open it’s been for years in my opinion. Plus it’s the first game of the season, we canna base the whole season on a scoreless draw.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Nicky Jamieson is an animal. You could tell the boy Skelly is a reasonable player who has done well in the diddy cup but he looked a modest mouse against the big man.

I was very impressed by Jamieson yesterday. I'm sure there'll be a fair few players struggle against him this season.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Positive signs yesterday. Defence and keeper looked good. If we can get the forward players on it then we will do well this season.

Snap!

Jamieson and Buchanan look like a great pairing and we now have a decent keeper. Re the comments about Wedderburn, I felt that hardly anything went through him and as a result we moved the ball a lot quicker than we did last year.

Referee was a complete joke and some of the Forfar comments about us diving are a bit much considering the amount of holding and pushing the incompetent ref let you away with. In all it was a good competitive much and these are the talking points that make the game interesting.

So, after 1 game, Stenny declaring themselves front runners & forfar have no chance?

Settle, point was a fair result, either team could've pinched a winner. 

As for the stenny diving, there was some instances of utter diddy behaviour but ultimately the referee is to blame, if he booked anyone for it they'd likely stop. The Aitken signing makes sense if the stenny tactic is to throw themselves to the floor & not score goals.