St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

McClelland, Olufunwa, Wright and Carey all fit for this, as it stands.

Mitov

Olufunwa - McClelland - Considine - Gallacher

Wright - Phillips - McGowan - Carey

Jephcott - May

Go down in a ball of goals being scored everywhere flames.

The back three or back four question remains fascinating, especially now he has options but maybe even more so is who is left out.

Liam Gordon could have absolutely no complaints if it is him and it would put down a huge marker from the manager.

I hope he does it if he goes with the back four.

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

An easy Hearts win 2-0.

Saints look relegation material to me, play-offs spot at best 

Think we already hold the record for earliest relegation from the Prem league so this could a new record ! id bite your hands off to be 3-2 down going into extra time in the second leg play off just now !    

16 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Saints have half a team with a few youngsters(who are nowhere ready)thrown in. Hearts fans have no idea how bad it really is atm. You'll soon find out this weekend though and put every penny you have on a Hearts win.

In the same way as fans love saying you know nothing about our team to other fans, comments like this show that you're not exactly clued-up on how Hearts play away from home, or on the weaknesses Hearts have in their team at the moment.

Hearts aren't sure to beat anyone away from home and have a defence that anybody can get at without Halkett, a midfield still well short of its best, and a forward line missing players and with new players not bedded in. Hearts should be favourites for this one, but the idea it's a sure thing is well off the mark.

Edited by DoingThe42

22 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

In the same way as fans love saying you know nothing about our team to other fans, comments like this show that you're not exactly clued-up on how Hearts play away from home, or on the weaknesses Hearts have in their team at the moment.

Hearts aren't sure to beat anyone away from home and have a defence that anybody can get at without Halkett, a midfield still well short of its best, and a forward line missing players and with new players not bedded in. Hearts should be favourites for this one, but the idea it's a sure thing is well off the mark.

You going?

I make it no Halket, Beni, Cochrane, McKay, Gordon, and obviously not sure about the new lads. Still waiting for the great leap forward, and it would be nice to have a game where we don't have half a team missing. It's been about a year now.

Boyce training today apparently? Having him available (in general) would ease things up a lot.

St Johnstone seem to be pure pish, and we should win. But it reminds me of the Ross County game opening day last season. We toiled badly that day. Going in with no competitive games is definitely not helpful and the team just looks a bit flimsy. We need Halket and Beni, especially, back sharpish.

On 03/08/2023 at 12:49, VincentGuerin said:

Going in with no competitive games is definitely not helpful and the team just looks a bit flimsy.

Going in with four competitive games has certainly helped us look fully ready and coherent. Buzzing for tomorrow, etc. 

I'm planning on driving tomorrow,  it's usually a bit of a shitshow trying to get away from the ground. 

Looking at the map if I head away up Newhouse Road then join the motorway at broxden roundabout will that save me the scrum for the slip road by tesco?

The slip road by Tesco no longer exists, Google Maps are out of date. Newhouse Road would work and also offers.you the M90 filter so you don't need to queue at roundabout. 

There is plenty of parking off Newhouse Road as well.

Clark 

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Haring

Oda         Boyce        Grant

Shankland

Subs: McGovern, Sibbick, Halliday, Nieuwenhof, Smith, Beni, Lowry, Tagawa, Forrest. 

A punt at how we'll line up tomorrow.  That bench starting to look much healthier with McKay and Vargas to be added as options soon.

1 hour ago, Aylo vanal said:

I'm planning on driving tomorrow,  it's usually a bit of a shitshow trying to get away from the ground. 

Looking at the map if I head away up Newhouse Road then join the motorway at broxden roundabout will that save me the scrum for the slip road by tesco?

Parking anywhere off Newhouse Road in the Strathtay Road, Castle View, Balgowan Road, Struan Road type areas will be within a 10 mins walk if you're walking at a normal pace. 

At full time no matter where you're parked around that area there's routes back up to head back up out to the Broxden roundabout the way you're planning on coming in. I lived outside Perth for a while so had to drive in and would park around there and head out that way again. As Radford said if you're heading back to Edinburgh the direction you'll be entering the roundabout doesn't require you to get involved in giving away on the roundabout either. Straight onto the motorway. 

Obviously, the earlier you get the closer you'll get parked. There's no parking restrictions around the area either like you'd find in Edinburgh at games. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Clark 

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Haring

Oda         Boyce        Grant

Shankland

Subs: McGovern, Sibbick, Halliday, Nieuwenhof, Smith, Beni, Lowry, Tagawa, Forrest. 

A punt at how we'll line up tomorrow.  That bench starting to look much healthier with McKay and Vargas to be added as options soon.

Grant.....

I reckon he will throw Lowry straight in. Grant really isn't my cup of tea. He'd be good at fives, liability at elevens and especially if any graft is involved. 

8 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Grant.....

I reckon he will throw Lowry straight in. Grant really isn't my cup of tea. He'd be good at fives, liability at elevens and especially if any graft is involved. 

Wouldn't be my pick but I can't see him chucking Lowry in without a session. And out the available options I'd take Grant over Forrest.

Mitov

Dare      McL   Considine Gallacher 

McGowan 

Wright            Phillips             Carey

May            Jephcott 

Is what I'd have but I don't think Dare is fit, so it will likely be taking a risk with Brown. Macca will play Gordon but he really shouldn't and we're likely to get a half hour of Smith at the most so he won't start. The start of this season is just coming a few weeks too soon for our squad.