Stirling Albion V Edinburgh City

I’m actually on the train back from Edinburgh and was thinking about the game, and Lee Hamilton & Danny Jardine returning to they’re old stomping ground, oh how things have changed since those 2 pulled on a Stirling strip for the last time.

Looking forward to getting the league back underway and delighted to be back in League 1. Expecting a win to get things going, but you never can tell.

After a bruising League Cup for City, it’s good to finally start the league campaign.  We’ve managed to keep the majority of our squad from last season despite the change of ownership and look to have made a couple of decent signings.  It’s still expected for a couple of loans to come in over the week.

To be honest, I haven’t seen Stirling since we were last in League 2 so not sure what to expect.  It was quite a lead they managed to claw back from Dumbarton so I assume they’re quite decent.

18 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I’m actually on the train back from Edinburgh and was thinking about the game, and Lee Hamilton & Danny Jardine returning to they’re old stomping ground, oh how things have changed since those 2 pulled on a Stirling strip for the last time.

Lee Hamilton will, Danny Jardine was let go during the summer.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Thanks @Bay Citizen, must have missed that one. Sad news for Danny, a lad (and his Dad) that was really popular during his time here and who by and large, did a good job for us. 

Great player that was well liked by our fanbase.  Unfortunately was injured for long periods during his time here. 

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Great player that was well liked by our fanbase.  Unfortunately was injured for long periods during his time here. 

I'm also saddened to read how it's turned out for Danny.  Glad Lee Hamilton has done well though.  He felt under valued at Forthbank and I think he's proved since then that he was.

Two teams  putting down a marker to avoid bottom 1/3.

To be honest, I haven’t seen Stirling since we were last in League 2 so not sure what to expect.  It was quite a lead they managed to claw back from Dumbarton so I assume they’re quite

Since we last met,  Stirling can now field  13/14 half decent players.

Plus less empty seats, in west stand.

Saturday is another day in the office. New day, new dawn.  Last season we won the league with a bit to spare. 99% of players retained. Signings have hit the ground running. Feel good factor, psychobabble,  call it what you want. If I have any reservations. It is SA not  losing  a league game in August.

Will take that. Was tough going at times in the first half and Edinburgh dominated most of the ball. 

Thought their CF was very lucky not to be sent off in the first half when he kicked out at McLean, and a minute later he passed up a great chance when clean through. 

However we controlled the 2nd half and deservedly took the 3 points after a stunning 30 yard free kick from Cammy Clark, who was excellent in general. 

Edinburgh looked alright in patches I thought, but I suspect both teams will be in the bottom half of the table. 

Away to Alloa next week will be an even bigger test and we will need a huge performance. Hoping we have Hilson back but since he wasn’t even on the bench today that seems unlikely. Spence doesn’t quite convince for me, I’d rather we played Thomson because he holds up play very well. 

Agree with pretty much all that.

Thommos hold up play was missed and the spence carrick partnership didn't really work.

I thought the free kick was certain to be milne or leitch and my brother said Canmy Clark top left corner..........

There would have been some uproar if #9 had taken thst chance just after the booking. It was a good one.

That's how we are gonna stay up. Win the home games against your fellow relegation candidates.

Edinburgh looked OK but nothing special.

That game could have turned out very differently if Blair Curry hadn't been so quick off his line to close their CFs shot options down and save when the defence  was caught out  and he was clean through.  Top marks for that Blair.

I can't think of a superlative glorious enough to do justice to Cammy's free kick, so top marks for him too. 

Can't start the season in a better way than 3 hard earned points, so that'll do me.

I thought it was a fairly even first half, although Shanley really should have scored when he was left one on one with the keeper.

Second half, Stirling came out the better team and after their goal the game was pretty much over after the rain started chucking it down.

On the plus side, I thought our new signing Spence had a good performance today.

A tough couple of weeks ahead of us with Queen of the South, followed by Hamilton the week after.