Another team resigns! Seen today a well known and established team Dunoon AFC have folded.

Beetlejucie

9 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

The best thing for the S&D would be for them and their committee to join up with the Caley/GGP or SPAFA. I'm sure leagues can get special dispensation for extreme circumstances. 

auldyinwaeknowledge mentioned 15 but one must have fallen through. Who are Stenhousemuir Foundation?

I would guess they are connected to Stenhousemuir Community in the Caley?

18 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Can't see a summer league working out as the Forth & Endrick is somewhat on there door step. Also assume Blackburn went to the LEAFA?

Forth and endrick is welfare football though. One club per player. 

4 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

The best thing for the S&D would be for them and their committee to join up with the Caley/GGP or SPAFA. I'm sure leagues can get special dispensation for extreme circumstances. 

auldyinwaeknowledge mentioned 15 but one must have fallen through. Who are Stenhousemuir Foundation?

A merger of sorts with the Spafa was  voted against not too long ago. 

On 17/06/2024 at 18:25, stanley said:

14 teams listed on the SPAFA site for next season. 12 from last season plus Pather and Stenhousemuir Foundation.

Disparity in quality between the top 3 in that league and the rest is huge. That does you no favours when competing for majors.

Greater Glasgow league lineup now confirmed.

12-12-9

Gone: Colquhoun United (moving to Saturday Morning AFL), Bearsden (moving to GGP Saturday Morning) Newshot, GSC Jordanhill and Eastwood Parkmount

New: Five teams from Scottish Premier (Baljaffray, Cardross, Eddlewood, Lochgilphead Red Star, Neilston), Campsie (from Stirling & District), Elderslie and EK Thistle 1968

Edited by stanley

13 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Allegedly S&D didn't want to join with SPAFA. See Stenhousemuir putting their B team in SPAFA. Maybe that's the way ahead for SPAFA, Calie reserve sides????

GGP already fills that void (though I suspect a hint of sarcasm in your post) with St Pat's, Eaglesham, EKYM, Glasgow Harp, Glasgow Uni, Strathclyde Uni and Westerlands. Though I'd doubt that Stenhousemuir, geographically, fits into the Greater Glasgow bracket, hence why this decision has been made, you'd imagine.

12 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Disparity in quality between the top 3 in that league and the rest is huge. That does you no favours when competing for majors.

I would be exceptionally surprised if Pather aren't there or thereabouts too with the players they're signing (with *cough* incentives), but your point definitely still stands. Will be almost impossible for anybody to motivate themselves within that league.

33 minutes ago, stanley said:

Greater Glasgow league lineup now confirmed.

12-12-9

Gone: Colquhoun United (moving to Saturday Morning AFL), Bearsden (moving to GGP Saturday Morning) Newshot, GSC Jordanhill and Eastwood Parkmount

New: Five teams from Scottish Premier (Baljaffray, Cardross, Eddlewood, Lochgilphead Red Star, Neilston), Campsie (from Stirling & District), Elderslie and EK Thistle 1968

Has the GGP Saturday Morning list been posted anywhere? I can't seem to find it.

As a side note, the last thing East Kilbride needs is another Saturday team! That's now EKYM x 3 (Caley, GGP and SM), Duncanrig (GGP), Dynamo EK (GGP), EK Colts (SM), EKRR (GGP) and EK Thistle (SM). Competing with Paisley to see which town can produce the most teams. 🤣

According to the GGPL website it’s a division of 6 teams. 

Bearsden. East End Villa. Eastwood Parkmount. Muirend. Tollcross Thistle. Weirs. 

Shotts Bon Accord from WOS are supposedly putting a team in as well. 

Other than that no idea. 

3 minutes ago, NethertonFC said:

According to the GGPL website it’s a division of 6 teams. 

Bearsden. East End Villa. Eastwood Parkmount. Muirend. Tollcross Thistle. Weirs. 

Shotts Bon Accord from WOS are supposedly putting a team in as well. 

Other than that no idea. 

It'll actually be Tollcross from the Strathclyde Churches League rather than Tollcross Thistle from the LEAFA (although it does say Thistle on the GGPL site). 

Bearsden & Eastwood Parkmount from GGPL, Tollcross & East End Villa from Strathclyde Evangelical Churches League, Muirend from Saturday Morning AFL and Weirs from Glasgow Colleges. 

Hopefully have some more teams as six is not a lot for a whole season...

Churches League will be on its last legs shortly too, I would guess. The two best teams now vacating for other leagues (Tollcross > GGP & Kings > SMAFA). If the GGP only has six Sat morning teams, they'd be as well as canning the idea completely.

37 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Churches League will be on its last legs shortly too, I would guess. The two best teams now vacating for other leagues (Tollcross > GGP & Kings > SMAFA). If the GGP only has six Sat morning teams, they'd be as well as canning the idea completely.

Perhaps they will do a 20-game season and hope to attract more clubs for next season? Six is incredibly small though so perhaps still hoping to add more clubs. A 9-team third division isn't great either especially with the risk of clubs folding during the season.

4 hours ago, stanley said:

It'll actually be Tollcross from the Strathclyde Churches League rather than Tollcross Thistle from the LEAFA (although it does say Thistle on the GGPL site). 

Bearsden & Eastwood Parkmount from GGPL, Tollcross & East End Villa from Strathclyde Evangelical Churches League, Muirend from Saturday Morning AFL and Weirs from Glasgow Colleges. 

Aye you’re right mate. Copy and paste job from me.

I don’t see how it can run on 6 teams though.

If any new morning league was to start should have been 21s to try get boys who don’t want to play afternoons or Friday nights in the 20s. 

17 hours ago, stanley said:

Perhaps they will do a 20-game season and hope to attract more clubs for next season? Six is incredibly small though so perhaps still hoping to add more clubs. A 9-team third division isn't great either especially with the risk of clubs folding during the season.

Yeah, I'd imagine that's what they'll do. The GGP, however, should bin the idea and present the following options: 1. make a 'pact' with another morning league to give the teams to them if they're set on mornings or 2. ask the teams if they'd prefer to revert to afternoons and let them join that Division 3.

Less than ideal. I really didn't see the need for another Sat Morn league when there's already two really well established leagues they'd be competing with. Was never going to go well. 

22 hours ago, stanley said:

It looks like a waste of time then. These clubs would be as well heading over to the SMAFA or Glasgow Colleges AFL.

5 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

It looks like a waste of time then. These clubs would be as well heading over to the SMAFA or Glasgow Colleges AFL.

They've tweeted that they are still accepting new clubs so I assume they are hoping to increase the numbers.

The Saturday Morning tweet has one of the clubs listed as Tollcross Thistle and includes the badge of the LEAFA team. I still think that's a mistake. Tollcross from the Churches League already announced they are moving to the GGP and I'd be amazed if an Edinburgh team moved to the Greater Glasgow Saturday Morning League...

15 hours ago, stanley said:

They've tweeted that they are still accepting new clubs so I assume they are hoping to increase the numbers.

The Saturday Morning tweet has one of the clubs listed as Tollcross Thistle and includes the badge of the LEAFA team. I still think that's a mistake. Tollcross from the Churches League already announced they are moving to the GGP and I'd be amazed if an Edinburgh team moved to the Greater Glasgow Saturday Morning League...

I doubt you are going to get any new teams at this stage who are not affiliated to another league, some teams are back in preseason now!

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

I doubt you are going to get any new teams at this stage who are not affiliated to another league, some teams are back in preseason now!

They tweeted adding a seventh team but possibly they just forgot to add it to website (Westerlands from Saturday Morning AFL last season). Certainly can't see many, if any, more teams and they've specified only "new" teams can join.