Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Probably up to or around the Dick Advocatt era, which is 'recent' to me.

Dunno, it would have been very strong Walter Smith/Burns era

I believe a recent survey still had Rangers as the must commonly supported club within the Scottish support so it's all just exaggerated nonsense really. Personally I know 7 Rangers fans that are all booked up for Germany. 

I would like more Rangers players in the squad but that is on Rangers more than anything else and our terrible recruitment.

Edited by edinabear

5 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Wish folk would get a grip. They were excellent. We were shite yet nearly equalised. Last nite does nothing to deraill us. Were gash against a good team. Won't b like that in Spain

Exactly. England are a top level side and, while at points, we were being well outplayed, as you say, we could easily haf an equaliser.

We will probably not play as good an all round team as England until we meet them in the final next year 😉

Scotland of 3/4 years ago would have collapsed last night at 2 nil down. 

56 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

What do you think is tragic about it? You sound pretty offended fella, not gonna lie.

Singing songs about the death of an old woman at a football match is for virgins and edgelords.  It's no funny, it just makes you look like a cock.

Offended by the stupidity of those involved maybe

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Pretty sure we were copying the rugby team by changing it.

I think the SRU were the first to use Flower of Scotland as the team's anthem, in the grand slam decider in 1990. But I remember GSTQ being used as Scotland's anthem at Murrayfield well into the 1980s, possibly even the France game in 1990?

By this time the SFA had been using Scotland the Brave as Scotland's anthem for years, in fact since before I can remember.

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Singing songs about the death of an old woman at a football match is for virgins and edgelords.  It's no funny, it just makes you look like a cock.

Whatever your views on the monarchy, I agree mocking someone's death in song at a football match is indeed pretty tragic patter. There was an entire family behind me including primary age kids all belting it out 🤨

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Dont think I have said they are, its just two chants I have heard following scotland in the last week that I dont particularly like. I also appreciate that people are different and this kind of stuff floats their boats, each to their own

Lumping them in together like you did implies that you do.

Any royal is fair game and chants/boos aimed at them are par for the course, I wouldn’t be overly concerned by stuff like that.

The Kane chants I fully agree need to be put in the bin.

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

"an old woman" is downplaying it, don't you think? She was hardly wee Ethel down the road who volunteered in Barnardos and knit cardigans for the newborns weans in the close.

Many people in this country, and further afield, have very, very legitimate gripes with The Queen and the Royal Family. You could make a good case for the majority of the Royal Family being objectively terrible human beings. You are not automatically due respect just because you're an old woman.

Given how much it upsets royalists, currant buns, Gammons, British nationalist and Helen Lovejoy types, I'm all for it personally.

10 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Lumping them in together like you did implies that you do.

Any royal is fair game and chants/boos aimed at them are par for the course, I wouldn’t be overly concerned by stuff like that.

The Kane chants I fully agree need to be put in the bin.

As I said , each to their own, fack all to do with football the lot of it. 

The Kane stuff is horrendous. I go to all the home games (was ill and missed the Griffiths game) so last night was the first I’d heard it. 

Tried to boo it down around me but too many didn’t. Needs to be stopped and folk need to wise up and folk need to help make them by booing/word in the ear of any folks in their company. 

Genuinely dampened the whole game for me; just thinking about how many folk will have a disability or have a loved one who does having that rammed down their throat by folks that you are there to be united with as a Fanbase. 

44 minutes ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

Don't think it can really be overstated how pathetic it is to wring your hands about mocking the death of a woman whose last noteworthy act was paying off the victims of her nonce son to protect him from any form of consequence whatsoever.

Once more for the binary thinkers on here, i do not care for the monarchy or any of its members, however i can make my feelings on that perfectly clear without getting pissed and revelling in someone's death at a football game.

Oh aye, the Prince Andrew songs were equally cringeworthy.  

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Speaking of folk sneaking things in - Glengarrys should be banned. Auld guy in front of me had one and could barely see a fucking thing. Do these folk have no common sense at all that they are blocking the view for about 17 rows behind them. One of these guys with about 100 pin badges.

5141322C-28CB-463F-AE15-A53A27BC7444.thumb.jpeg.b81869b928cbfec88eb1c6000a003f40.jpeg

Like this? The view didn’t bother me so much, but getting a feather up the nose every time the head was moved wasn’t great. 

37 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

The Kane stuff is horrendous. I go to all the home games (was ill and missed the Griffiths game) so last night was the first I’d heard it. 

Tried to boo it down around me but too many didn’t. Needs to be stopped and folk need to wise up and folk need to help make them by booing/word in the ear of any folks in their company. 

Genuinely dampened the whole game for me; just thinking about how many folk will have a disability or have a loved one who does having that rammed down their throat by folks that you are there to be united with as a Fanbase. 

The Jimmy Hill song was equally vile, and did eventually die away.   You’d like to think people would move with the times.