Injuries

Really critical we get through these two friendlies without losing any more players. That’s 4 guys including a certain starter and 3 who would have been likely subs getting significant minutes we’ve lost and we simply don’t have the depth for any more. 

I'd rather Clarke just threw caution to the wind and picked a striker who has been scoring goals this season. Someone like a Simon Murray or Ryan Hardie as opposed to the likes of McBurnie who has proven to offer very little for Scotland. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I'd rather Clarke just threw caution to the wind and picked a striker who has been scoring goals this season. Someone like a Simon Murray or Ryan Hardie as opposed to the likes of McBurnie who has proven to offer very little for Scotland. 

Not sure we need to concern ourselves about McBurnie. Clarke isn't a fan.

Posted (edited)

McBurnie went with Scotland to the South American tour (I think it was under McLeish) when a few players refused.

He never pulled out of an u21 squad.

His commission towards Scotland cannot be questioned.

He's been unluckiest in a Scotland shirt. He hit the crossbar in two consecutive matches.

He's injured anyway.

Steve Clarke isn't going to replace Dykes.

Edited by SlayerX

38 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

I’d get Murray on the plane. In form, has been playing right up until last week and is a like for like with Dykes. Left field but go for it. He’d get it right up em! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Surely being whooshed here! 

Like for like?

Can only speak for myself here but this never ending injury list has put a complete dampener on this tournament for me.

i am going to Germany but have now consigned myself to us losing every game but trying to keep the scores respectable. Just no enthusiasm at all.

5 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Can only speak for myself here but this never ending injury list has put a complete dampener on this tournament for me.

i am going to Germany but have now consigned myself to us losing every game but trying to keep the scores respectable. Just no enthusiasm at all.

Feel similar to this. After qualifying we were so full of expectations but with this recent run of form and this injury list it's really taken the wind out of our sails at the moment. We are one or two injuries from this being an absolute crisis imo 

9 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Keep the heid. Injuries have hit us hard, but we're still qualified and that's the main thing after 20 years in the wilderness. Would you rather be there having a good time, or sitting at home on your couch? 

Injuries happen, that’s the nature of the game. We still have enough quality and experience in the squad to progress.

I am gutted for those missing out, but equally upbeat that we have cover for them. 

I am buzzing for things to start and will travel with optimism.

Bring it on!

36 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

McBurnie went with Scotland to the South American tour (I think it was under McLeish) when a few players refused.

He never pulled out of an u21 squad.

His commission towards Scotland cannot be questioned.

He's been unluckiest in a Scotland shirt. He hit the crossbar in two consecutive matches.

He's injured anyway.

Steve Clarke isn't going to replace Dykes.

He’s also shite.

Why do.i get the feeling that Clarke will decide to not call anyone else up and just go with Adams and Shankland.

Then throw McTomminay on as a makeshift striker.

32 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Why do.i get the feeling that Clarke will decide to not call anyone else up and just go with Adams and Shankland.

Then throw McTomminay on as a makeshift striker.

That would be daft if the two being cut were Dykes and a goalkeeper. Given the fitness concerns of other players, I think there will be at least one more player who doesn't make it through injury

Personally, I would probably call up Ross Stewart if he is definitely fully fit amd over his injury. I saw enough of him pre injury and in his comeback cameos to convince me he could do a job for Scotland. Genuinely been very impressed by him

Tommy Conway is the most obvious shout given Clarkes words about using the under 21s and would be happy with his inclusion too. 

When I'm thinking of which striker to call up, I'm thinking who can make a difference in a game when coming on - those are the two for me that could do that. Forget guys like Nisbet, McBurnie etc