Injuries

Just a thread to keep a track of injuries. Thought it might be helpful to keep it all in one place.

Outstanding Injuries:  Grant Hanley and Craig Gordon.

Grant is doing very well. He is now I think three and a half months or four months post surgery. Obviously he has some further months to go but he is doing very well.

David Wagner

https://youtu.be/1FTk-P5yfqU?t=303

New Injuries: Ross McCrorie.

Ross has got a bacterial infection which we're trying to manage at the moment so I can't really give you a time frame on that.

Nigel Pearson

https://youtu.be/pfO0_cIFrWk?t=215

Recoveries: Che Adams, Anthony Ralston, Jacob Brown, Scott McKenna, Calvin Ramsay, Josh Doig and Nathan Patterson.

• Che Adams who finished last season injured played and scored last night for Southampton in the Championship curtain raiser last night. 
  • Anthony Ralston starts today for Celtic.
  • Jacob Brown, Scott McKenna, Calvin Ramsay, Josh Doig and Nathan Patterson have all been involved in pre season games.
Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Just a thread to keep a track of injuries. Thought it might be helpful to keep it all in one place.

Outstanding Injuries:  Grant Hanley and Craig Gordon.

https://youtu.be/1FTk-P5yfqU?t=303

New Injuries: Ross McCrorie.

https://youtu.be/pfO0_cIFrWk?t=215

Recoveries: Che Adams, Anthony Ralston, Jacob Brown, Scott McKenna, Calvin Ramsay, Josh Doig and Nathan Patterson.

• Che Adams who finished last season injured played and scored last night for Southampton in the Championship curtain raiser last night. 
  • Anthony Ralston starts today for Celtic.
  • Jacob Brown, Scott McKenna, Calvin Ramsay, Josh Doig and Nathan Patterson have all been involved in pre season games.

Excellent work! Hope to see not too many updates in this thread as we approach the next games. 

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

Ross McCrorie doesn't play for Scotland, thankfully. I would honestly suggest that Gordon doesn't either any more.

Looking at that list in light if that makes for very pleasant reading. 

McCrorie was in the Norway/Georgia squad from June 2023. If we are only focusing on the injury status of likely starters then will be a very narrow thread focus. 

1 minute ago, KingRocketman II said:

McCrorie was in the Norway/Georgia squad from June 2023. If we are only focusing on the injury status of likely starters then will be a very narrow thread focus. 

Aye it will and that's no bad thing. McCrorie wasn't one of the 23 selected for that double header, for what it's worth.

I think the fact that the only player injured (Hanley) is one for whom we have adequate replacement and the other injuries are to players who are done (Gordon, sadly...I hope I'm wrong) is pretty encouraging.

24 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye it will and that's no bad thing. McCrorie wasn't one of the 23 selected for that double header, for what it's worth.

worth feck all ha. he was in the squad for both games and no doubt will be in future squads. 

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

worth feck all ha. he was in the squad for both games and no doubt will be in future squads. 

Not wishing to derail this absolutely sterling thread, but I had a look and he was in neither matchday squad.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Gordon will probably be back playing for Hearts, and if he is then he's not exactly got a difficult list of players to usurp to get back in the Scotland squad.

He broke his leg in two bits. I don't imagine he'll be back anytime soon whether to Hearts of Midlothian of Kelty. If you think he'll be back sooner or higher then I would love to see your working on the "probably" bit. I'd genuinely love to be wrong as I love CG.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

He broke his leg in two bits. I don't imagine he'll be back anytime soon whether to Hearts of Midlothian of Kelty. If you think he'll be back sooner or higher then I would love to see your working on the "probably" bit. I'd genuinely love to be wrong as I love CG.

Hes been training, and kicking the ball, for over a month now. Barring any set backs id be amazed if hes not already playing, or very close to playing, in training matches.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Is Calvin Ramsay injured again? 

I believe he is catching up in terms of fitness after the knee injury he picked up last year which rule him out of the remainder of Liverpool's season. I'd suggest the weekend has come to quickly for him rather than a new injury.

This was posted a couple of weeks ago prior to PNE's friendly against Aberdeen on 22-July:

Calvin, hopefully, against his old team, which would be nice. He is on the grass doing fitness stuff, but will join in (training) on Friday.

Ryan Lowe

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/5965729/calvin-ramsay-set-for-preston-debut-against-former-club-aberdeen/ 

@velo army The line has to be drawn somewhere and that's just where I drew it. I just copied the way Wikipedia do it to be honest. It's a straightforward, uncomplicated cut-off line. I consider any player that has been called up (original squad announcement or otherwise) in the last 12 months only. That's why I have mentioned Josh Doig, Ross McCrorie and Calvin Ramsay, but haven't mentioned Ross Stewart's injury situation or been tracking Allan Campbell (not injured, just an example) who is an EPL player now with Luton as they were both last called up in June 2022. 

Edited by 2426255

Just wanted to provide a source for this and detail the nature of the injury. Scotland's next international matches are Sep-8th and Sep-12 (around 4/5 weeks) so given the timeframe and injury estimate it appears unlikely at the moment he will be involved.

Leeds United can confirm Liam Cooper ruptured his plantar fascia during Sunday’s 2-2 Sky Bet Championship draw with Cardiff City. As a result of the injury, the Whites captain is ruled out of action for up to eight weeks.

Leeds United

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/31790/injury-update