Today's scores 19.8.23

26 minutes ago, superpollok said:

You are only losing by the odd goal, which from the outside looks like if you sort out forward area then you will start to win again. 

During the close season, when Stuart McCann didn’t re sign for us my concern was he would go to you. As really feel his power and pace would have fitted in well to how Sloan likes his players. Not sure if you did go for him before JB signed him but feels like a missed opportunity to me.

U r spot on contact was made a few times but don't think he gave talbot a 2nd thought when money was talked about from jb. Plus heard he wanted 2 go with his brother 2 same team which does sound like boy club stuff but I know it was mentioned 

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Bankies grab 3 points in a game where both teams lacked quality, Talbot really lack a cutting edge and giving opposition keepers nothing to do, we need to accept we are in transition with realistic expectations but things need change either shape and additions still required in forward areas.

Rattled. 

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Bankies grab 3 points in a game where both teams lacked quality, Talbot really lack a cutting edge and giving opposition keepers nothing to do, we need to accept we are in transition with realistic expectations but things need change either shape and additions still required in forward areas.

Bankies were by far the better team and should’ve scored 3 or 4.

Don’t think Talbot had one attempt at goal in the 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

4-0 wouldn't have flattered Clydebank. 

Can you see us staying up with that squad ?

In short yes with McCracken, Schonville and Boylan to come into the team.  But this won’t be soon for the 3 of them, we need to sign two physical forwards who can finish!! 

5 minutes ago, southerner said:

In short yes with McCracken, Schonville and Boylan to come into the team.  But this won’t be soon for the 3 of them, we need to sign two physical forwards who can finish!! 

Boylan was a good player but poor last season.

Doesn't help when manager wont spend the money hes got sitting when we're crying out for strikers 

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

Boylan was a good player but poor last season.

Doesn't help when manager wont spend the money hes got sitting when we're crying out for strikers 

So how much money is waiting for him and I will give u my opinion on what is attainable now

19 minutes ago, andy25 said:

£40000+

Andy seriously cause talbot according to u have 40k plus u want them to go and blow money when talbot have never did that they have players new players give them a chance instead of slaughtering them we have been lucky over the years maybe this process will take a bit longer but we will come good and if u don't think so stop going to the games 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know for a fact if i was selling a player to Talbot id be holding out for as much as possible now that I know they have £40k in the bank? Surely talking about that publicly on a forum that plenty of directors and coaches and indeed players use is a bit of a foul? 

Exactly what i typed out but decided against posting it

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know for a fact if i was selling a player to Talbot id be holding out for as much as possible now that I know they have £40k in the bank? Surely talking about that publicly on a forum that plenty of directors and coaches and indeed players use is a bit of a foul? 

To be fair Andy 25 probably doesn't know anything he says he is a talbot supporter but all he does is put talbot down so I would take what he says has a pinch of salt 

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I heard Clydebank have 100K for transfers no sources revealed, but it must now be gospel now 😀

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Teams would hold out for as much as they could especially when comes 2 talbot in current climate but darvel who r average spent 20k on transfer and 12k+wages plus signing on for 1 boy who isn't anywhere near proven which is potentially 35k 

9 minutes ago, southerner said:

I heard Clydebank have 100K for transfers no sources revealed, but it must now be gospel now 😀

I mean I know how much Clydebank have for transfers and I fucking wish it was £100k. 
Just saying If i was doing business with Talbot id be keeping my prices competitive if their fans are posting that online. 

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I mean I know how much Clydebank have for transfers and I fucking wish it was £100k. 
Just saying If i was doing business with Talbot id be keeping my prices competitive if their fans are posting that online. 

No need to worry about any ground fee's since you weaseled in on Yoker's, just saying. It's Holm Park, not Homless Park

Edited by IMX1
Spelling

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So if a fan says it. That means it’s gospel?? This is money from a separate club which the fans contribute to which is not only for transfers as will also contribute to contracts, so in theory the community owned model as opposed to a sugar daddy type which I know is a way many clubs are going down. I am a member but didn’t attend the meeting so don’t know what the figure is, as like anything it may not always be disposable? I also don’t think these are the places for club business or we can open a new thread and we can all guess each others budget then take it as gospel!! Talbot do need a few players but what I will say there will be a lot of dissapointed clubs at the end of the season who have spent a fortune and only fighting for a place in a play off.

Edited by southerner