Stenhousemuir -vs- Dumbarton (Saturday 26 August 2023)

A pretty bizarre game of football that. I don't think I have ever came away from a game having lost four goals and actually felt not too bad about it.

Obviously that was a calamitous 20 minute spell where we just completely lost the head at the back and Dumbarton were ruthless in the final third. What can you really do when individuals don't do the basics? 

Credit to Dumbarton they killed us in that period. They were clever in general. They played around our centre backs with pace and I thought Finlay Gray was outstanding - only Ross Taylor on the park had a better game.

I think we just put that one to bed as one of those days. 

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The only thing more unbelievable than us scoring four in about 20 minutes would've been if today's report in The Sun was accurate...

screenshot-www.nla-clipshare.com-2023_08.27-11_17_05.png.f2fa516fd831ceb71aac9556bf23fff2.png

Shambles.

Even away from the Rusty McLean lark to say Darren Jamieson spilled that shot that was going 100mph from 12 yards away is laughable.

Just now, Neilly said:

Shambles.

Even away from the Rusty McLean lark to say Darren Jamieson spilled that shot that was going 100mph from 12 yards away is laughable.

Should've held it imo :lol:

At least they didn't say it was Nicky Jamieson who 'spilled' it tbf.

The Stenny penalty shout can be put to bed because the contact is outside the area, I do think it's a foul and a yellow though. 

As has been said about the red card, it's incredibly harsh but Carlo just doesn't need to touch the ball. A mistake he won't make again in that situation so we just deal with it.

Young sending Meechan for the half time pies as he whips in a great delivery for a goal is terrific viewing. He fakes a pass out wide to absolutely nobody and gives him the nuts. Beautiful.