Is it now time for Tranent to consolidate in the Lowland and build for the future

Have Tranent set their aspirations too high and this has affected their current form so early in the season.

History tells us that promoted teams can perform well in their first season in a higher league but history also tells has that it is not always sustainable.

Recent events at the club may well be the current reason for this dip however they do have the opportunity now to consolidate in the Lowland and build for the future and maybe one day the aspirations will become reality 

Edited by 1911

50 minutes ago, 1911 said:

Have Tranent set their aspirations too high and this has affected their current form so early in the current season.

History tells us that promoted teams can perform well in their first season in a higher league but history also tells has that it is not always sustainable.

Recent events at the club may well be the current reason for this dip however they do have the opportunity now to consolidate in the Lowland and build for the future and maybe one day the aspirations will become reality 

I wouldn't worry too much, start of the season and Hearts B and Bo'ness are flying. Theres a cliche saying about football leagues in that its a marathon not a sprint.

You are still beating the teams you should be beating and although drawing with a midtable outfit like Broomhill is a bit meh but that happens in a season. It's interesting to see Bo'ness have finally woken up, that was going to happen eventually. Maybe Linlithgow coming up gave them a wee jolt.

I wouldn't care too much about collective league history and promoted teams in their second season. As far as the LL goes promoted teams that originated in the juniors in recent times have more than not consolidated and improved in their second and or third season.

36 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

...It's interesting to see Bo'ness have finally woken up, that was going to happen eventually. Maybe Linlithgow coming up gave them a wee jolt...

Still early days. Sometimes you get a run of good form when a new manager takes over until other teams figure out his tactics. Better to wait until the turn of the year to judge where things stand.

The BUs don't have anybody pumping money in unlike East Kilbride and until a few days ago Tranent although it's not clear from the press release if that is actually ending.

Given that backdrop I don't think anyone is expecting a serious push for promotion this season. Top six finish and a moneyspinning cup run are realistic goals to aim for though.

47 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Still early days. Sometimes you get a run of good form when a new manager takes over until other teams figure out his tactics. Better to wait until the turn of the year to judge where things stand.

The BUs don't have anybody pumping money in unlike East Kilbride and until a few days ago Tranent although it's not clear from the press release if that is actually ending.

Given that backdrop I don't think anyone is expecting a serious push for promotion this season. Top six finish and a moneyspinning cup run are realistic goals to aim for though.

As said in the post you quoted its a marathon not a sprint.

Improvement for Tranent this season same as their rivals would be to improve on last seasons final points tally and see where that gets them.

There has been some decisions on and off the park which in the eyes of many supporters have been questionable and have had an impact on the club.

I have no doubt that Tranent are a good Lowland League Side and to be honest who would have thought that a few years back.

The next few months will determine if some of these decisions were right or wrong.

23 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max Christie is a poor man manager.  Simples.

Seems quick for a fallout or to alienate certain players from the squad completely. There's also been a few games this season that either tactically/personnel-wise were a bit baffling or just the players look frustrated - and not in a 'riled up' way that can be conducive to good performances. It's early days mind you, and I know we're always seen as good for scattergunning managers, but I can't remember an appointment at Tranent, recently anyway, that's had the groans and murmurs from the support this early on. I don't know if it's something to do with the fact he's been here before and was maybe seen as a bit of a strange choice when we brought him back. Who knows. 

10 minutes ago, 1911 said:

There has been some decisions on and off the park which in the eyes of many supporters have been questionable and have had an impact on the club.

I have no doubt that Tranent are a good Lowland League Side and to be honest who would have thought that a few years back.

The next few months will determine if some of these decisions were right or wrong.

Just an observation but it seems you have created an account that focus entirely on Tranent whom you quite obviously don't support and start a thread about a rather average start to the season when there is already a Tranent thread.

I find this a bit odd.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Money is important but if you do not have the correct fit then it’s worthless, experience has taught me that those who have money to spend like a challenge in their life, and when that challenge starts affecting your personal life then it’s time to move on.

7 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Just an observation but it seems you have created an account that focus entirely on Tranent whom you quite obviously don't support and start a thread about a rather average start to the season when there is already a Tranent thread.

I find this a bit odd.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

I find this a bit odd.

Not sure how my comments imply that I am not a supporter 🤔

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

Not too comforting when that previous management of theirs are now ours 😂

Max made a huge impact at the BU's when he arrived.   Slowly but surely he became stale and predictable.  Not very good at man management. Tranent will bin him this season or next.