10 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Comfortably the biggest diver in the league. Although Doidge's attempt today could have used Boyle's expertise.

Reminds me of these whiny comments he made last season the week after he stood on Tom Parkes foot and won a penalty - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/martin-boyle-no-diver-hibs-22492819

Made bed, can lie in it etc 

Halfwit

Just seen highlights. Christ, Hibs are all over the shop. And Boyle diving again!! Boyle needs booked for simulation every time. Him and Cxntwell at Sevco are awufl to watch.

When I saw the result, I thought 'That's what Hibs get if they persist in playing auld hasbeens like Hanlol and Stevenson". Then noticed they'd played the new boys with Fish floundering again... ho-hum.

Lastly, where there really 14k in the ground?!

10 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Just seen highlights. Christ, Hibs are all over the shop. And Boyle diving again!! Boyle needs booked for simulation every time. Him and Cxntwell at Sevco are awufl to watch.

When I saw the result, I thought 'That's what Hibs get if they persist in playing auld hasbeens like Hanlol and Stevenson". Then noticed they'd played the new boys with Fish floundering again... ho-hum.

Like all clubs, Hibs announce attendance as STs plus walkups, away fans and (presumably) hospitality tickets.

The only gaps would be in STs who couldnt be bothered or were on holiday etc.

There were certainly not 14k there in the last 10 mins or so, I only stayed to boo........................

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You're welcome.

That'll be a double for us, Jack Ross got the heave ho after losing to Livi too.

Oddly, if Johnson was merely being judged on his results v Livi, he probably wouldnt be losing his job.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Like all clubs, Hibs announce attendance as STs plus walkups, away fans and (presumably) hospitality tickets.

The only gaps would be in STs who couldnt be bothered or were on holiday etc.

There were certainly not 14k there in the last 10 mins or so, I only stayed to boo........................

Joking aside, it must be a bit dispiriting for the players to play in a half empty stadium. Equally it could/ should motivate them.

Just now, Crùbag said:

Joking aside, it must be a bit dispiriting for the players to play in a half empty stadium. Equally it could/ should motivate them.

I dont buy that as a motivating factor - if that was the case, there are about half the clubs across the premiership who wouldnt be trying a leg.

26 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

A lot left after our 3rd goal went in. Would've been a surprise for them if you had managed an equaliser, getting home to see the FT score. 

Aye Boyle showed what he can do running into the box and staying on his feet, when he scored to make it 1-1, instead of throwing his leg out to be tripped trying to con a penalty.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A lot left after our 3rd goal went in. Would've been a surprise for them if you had managed an equaliser, getting home to see the FT score. 

Aye Boyle showed what he can do running into the box and staying on his feet, when he scored to make it 1-1, instead of throwing his leg out to be tripped trying to con a penalty.

Yes, no question that Boyle's a good player. He doesnt need to dive.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont buy that as a motivating factor - if that was the case, there are about half the clubs across the premiership who wouldnt be trying a leg.

Still, a bouncing full house against Villa shows what you can play in front of, if you get your act together and finish high up in the league. Players must prefer that. Anyway, what do I know about sport psychology...

13 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It was very much a "take the opportunity to keep your place" type of performance. He was unplayable at times. He looks much more confident going forward knowing he's got Devlin covering in behind him this season

Montaño was on crutches although they seemed more precautionary. Credit to him for sitting with the fans, it was nice to see.

On Penrice, he actually hit the bar late on too although it was an attempted cross.