Stranraer vs Clyde

20 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

I can’t remember any wins here - even when we had a decent team

We won 5-0 in 2006, just before the Valentine’s Day Massacre in Gretna. Roddy Hunter grabbed a hat-trick (but definitely not four goals), Stranraer scored an own-goal and Romauld Bouadji scored one. We also won there in 2018, in the League Cup, at the start of the promotion season.

Seeing as the magnificent man was mentioned: 

https://youtu.be/_d4JmHOkzsE?si=WCujY64TD6lI9yTZ

Edited by SReplay

1 hour ago, SReplay said:

We won 5-0 in 2006, just before the Valentine’s Day Massacre in Gretna. Roddy Hunter grabbed a hat-trick (but definitely not four goals), Stranraer scored an own-goal and Romauld Bouadji scored one. We also won there in 2018, in the League Cup, at the start of the promotion season.

That win was great but with Higgins suspended, it led to Roberts deciding not to go with our normal 352 in the Gretna game as Imrie played so well against Stranraer. Not sure if the weather meant we were beaten regardless but the 352 suited that team. One of the worst nights I can remember; probably the best chance we'll have of getting to a Scottish cup final in my lifetime.

On Saturday, despite their flaws, I'm a bit more confident with Lyon/Hynes available and hopefully another week of running in Carswell's legs. Of course, we still have our best centre half, best striker, best dribbler, best runner and best left back out, so all things considered, I do think we'll probably lose.

2 hours ago, SReplay said:

Romauld Bouadji. Now there's a blast fro the past. 

Coincidentally, if anyone ever comes across some footage of the 1-1 draw against Stranraer in the last game of the 05/06 season, please let me know. I’ve always wanted to watch Craig McKeown’s late equaliser again. That season was the first I was into football as a nine-year old, so it’s tinged with the ultimate dose of rose-tinted nostalgia (even end-of-season dead rubbers).

The only other thing I remember of the aforementioned match was me and my pal at the time spending the second half behind the away dugout telling Stuart Millar than he looked like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit. It was a bit surreal to me when he was appointed Clyde manager some four years later.

Edited by SReplay

9 hours ago, SReplay said:

Coincidentally, if anyone ever comes across some footage of the 1-1 draw against Stranraer in the last game of the 05/06 season, please let me know. I’ve always wanted to watch Craig McKeown’s late equaliser again. That season was the first I was into football as a nine-year old, so it’s tinged with the ultimate dose of rose-tinted nostalgia (even end-of-season dead rubbers).

The only other thing I remember of the aforementioned match was me and my pal at the time spending the second half behind the away dugout telling Stuart Millar than he looked like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit. It was a bit surreal to me when he was appointed Clyde manager some four years later.

I have Peter Cherrie’s gloves from that game. He probably didn’t, but I like to think he wore them for the Celtic game too.

Quite looking forward to this. Stranraer were not at their best at Bonnyrigg but dug in to get a point. Suspect they will still be missing Dean Hawkshaw and Matty Grant and Grant Gallagher missed last weekend too. Craig Ross is back from suspension though, which is a bonus.