Livi v St Mirren

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Getting excuses in early type post.

Don’t think we’ll have any excuse tbh. We have the very latest version of your type of surface at our Ralston training centre, where the squad will be using to train all this week in preparation.

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

In the league we are 10 unbeaten v Livi back the guts of 3 and a half years. 

Didn’t realise that.

Unfortunately, I think that stat means we’re even more likely to lose this Saturday!!

Always remember us taking 2 replays to beat Meadowbank in the Scottish Cup back in 1984. We had a forward line of McAvennie, McDougall & Scanlon as well, Steve Clarke in defence. It was the season we lost in the Semi Final to Celtic.

I think we signed Peter Godfrey on the back of those 3 games against Meadowbank 

17 minutes ago, crispy said:

This was always a draw or single goal difference game, right?

Feels like there might be a few more goals in it but still too tight to call.

Think the only certainty is that Hibs will concede a soft goal.

You beat us 4-1 in Feb 2018 in the Championship where we finished 1st and you finished 2nd.

You also beat us 3-1 in Dec of following season in the Premiership and then we beat you 3-1 in the April.

No more than 1 goal in it since then 

6 hours ago, AW saint said:

the plastic pitches

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

On plastic, a lottery.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

the shit plastic

2 hours ago, Dagdagh said:

Still true though.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

the plastic pitch

The greatest St Mirren team of all time and they're absolutely shiting themselves from Martindale and his ragtag team of misfits

27 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

You beat us 4-1 in Feb 2018 in the Championship where we finished 1st and you finished 2nd.

You also beat us 3-1 in Dec of following season in the Premiership and then we beat you 3-1 in the April.

No more than 1 goal in it since then 

If I'm remembering rightly St Mirren could've won the league that day and plenty fans came through in a party mood. I think it was Jack Baird that had a total mess up at the back about 5 minutes in to let Hardie score and run around shh'ing folk :D 

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The greatest St Mirren team of all time and they're absolutely shiting themselves from Martindale and his ragtag team of misfits

It's two teams with good home form which would favour Livi.

Our home form is based on a nearly full stadium of Saints fans cheering their team on and creating an atmosphere that the players feed off of.

Your home form is based on a plastic pitch that your team train on every day.

Pointing those facts out isn't shiting ourselves.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

There’s only one thing to do if we have any chance of beating the Ferranti franchise.  

Burn down that plastic pitch.

Get the molotovs at the ready! 

IMG_3707.jpeg.e382928fdb46fa2a12ae15091c7eeb10.jpeg

Motherwell did their best last season :D Flare on and burnt it

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was really looking forward to this game, then i looked up the officials. :unsure:

image.thumb.png.17d5e811dd5ae4f4c2d01b98648abbd2.png

Walsh was VAR in our match with Dundee two weeks ago where he spotted a penalty for Dundee that nobody else did, and somehow managed to miss the ball crossing the line for a goal to us.  

Dallas awarded four penalties against us in a single game.  

Time for things to even themselves up.

0-3 Saints.  

All goals having offside and fouls in the build up, and all punched into the net.  

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Walsh was VAR in our match with Dundee two weeks ago where he spotted a penalty for Dundee that nobody else did, and somehow managed to miss the ball crossing the line for a goal to us.  

0-3 Saints.  

All goals having offside and fouls in the build up, and all punched into the net.  

I think you're safe. Currently I believe we still have the lowest penalty conversion rate in Europe.

These games are always tight with very little goals. I do however think with our new recruits (including Olunsanya), we have a much more exciting feel about our play. Wee now seem to have a couple of options on how we are going to shape up as Sunday proved, dropping Mandron to the bench. 

Prediction: 1-2 Saints 

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

0-3 Saints.  

Red card to St Mirren and Livi to score a late winner.👍

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Red card to St Mirren and Livi to score a late winner.👍

Didn't we have a game against St. Mirren a few years back at home where Halkett scored at both ends; St Mirren had a player sent off and yet went on to win 2-1?

Or maybe I dreamed it?

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Didn't we have a game against St. Mirren a few years back at home where Halkett scored at both ends; St Mirren had a player sent off and yet went on to win 2-1?

Or maybe I dreamed it?

3-1 we won that day. Gary Irvine got sent off for a shocker of a tackle on a Livi winger.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

If I'm remembering rightly St Mirren could've won the league that day and plenty fans came through in a party mood. I think it was Jack Baird that had a total mess up at the back about 5 minutes in to let Hardie score and run around shh'ing folk :D 

We were a good bit off winning the league at that point. I can remember us being in a good mood that week because Jack Ross was knocked back for the Barnsley job which kept him in Paisley for the next few months.

We won the league after a 0-0 draw at home to Livi in April though - arguably the worst game of football I’ve ever seen but one of the best days I’ve had as a supporter.

2 minutes ago, SS77 said:

3-1 we won that day. Gary Irvine got sent off for a shocker of a tackle on a Livi winger.

Aye right - the worst of it was a few hours afterward I was on Livi South Station and there were about 30 of your fans singing "a win away" to the tune of "The lion sleeps tonight" chorus. My train arrived in about 10 minutes but for all of that time the wee b*****ds didn't shut up!