Disposable vapes

Couldn't see a thread on this. Scottsh government is to consider banning single use vapes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66718599

I assume that anyone who has walked on a public street and has a set of functioning eyeballs would back this. I'm an occasional vaper myself, who sometimes buys the disposable ones in a pinch, and I back it 100%. I think a combination of the dirty, clatty wee minks who leave the devices and their packaging at their arse, along with the single use, environmental/waste aspect of it makes it a no-brainer really.

I think the vaping industry is right up there with the gambling industry in being immoral scum, and have deliberately provoked a massive rise in child/teenage nicotine usage. The amount of school weans you see stoating about with these things is frightening.

Theoretically the batteries in the disposable vapes are rechargeable, but by design disposable vapes do not provide the means to recharge the batteries or refill the liquid. Terrible wastage of materials that could and should be reusable.

If only someone would invent rechargeable and refillable vapes.

Obviously you get a lot of mingin smokers but I feel like they're generally speaking aware they're exhaling something that stinks, I get the impression vapers don't realise this and think their fruit flavours smell fine for everyone else, they don't. 

Just now, btb said:

We're just a clatty nation - it's been said on other threads but capital punishment should be re-introduced for litterers.

There will be plenty of posters on here guilty of it. Why won't they admit to it? Probably because they know it's wrong and that they're acting like wee fanny scumbags.

I hope they do ban single use vapes, I'm actually using one today (made of paper apparently).  

The only purpose they serve (to me, the main character) is if I forget to have a stock of liquid and run out.  The shops used to stock liquid but stopped in favour of the single use ones.  Now I live in fear of going to VPZ and being asked endless questions and upsold various things.  

Get them tae f**k.  

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

We should reduce taxes on cigarettes to transition people away from harmful vapes. Cigarettes are all organic material, perfectly natural and biodegradable. Plant based. 

Reminds me of an old Viz top tip that said cigarettes are a cheaper and more widely available alternative to nicotine patches.

Totally in favour of this. I hate vapes. We shouldn’t stop there though, we should banning as many single use items as we can. Transitioning to a societal way of thinking where we reuse things or at least use things that are 100% recyclable is the right way forward. 

22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

You've clearly never experienced the joy of throwing litter out of a car window while the car is in motion.

I feel sorry for you. I really do.

I live within hearing distance of Somerset Park so I'll give it a go next time I'm driving past - even if you have deleted the post!

driving eric cartman GIF by South Park

Another thing that annoys me about vapers is I always get stuck behind them in the wee shop I go to, there seems to be a million and one different flavours and names, (like weed dealers that just make up shite and combine names to appeal to folk - Ultra Alien Blue Dawg Cherry Haze type beat.)

It always ends up with

"What flavour you after?"

"What have you got?"

* Cue 5 minutes of them reading out every known variant and flavour known to man only for the person to go with the first one they said.

20 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Just get the police to fine folk who leave them at their arse; I order mine in bulk online and keep them in my house, no reason for me to lose out because minks don't have any sense of respect for the environment. 

Not sure if serious 

19 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Just get the police to fine folk who leave them at their arse; I order mine in bulk online and keep them in my house, no reason for me to lose out because minks don't have any sense of respect for the environment. 

Why don't you get a refillable one? It would save you money.