Monday Night Football Thread - 2024/25

lichtie23

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Not very often you see an OL Holding flag picked up. Fair play to the zebras. If only they would actually start calling the blatant ones and not the ticky-tacky shite.

Aye would’ve been a sore one as it was a decent clean block.

McCloud you p***k. Not even a fly one behind the ref. The guy was staring right at it from about a foot away.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Bijan proving tonight he's exactly what I thought. How did Arthur Smith manage to treat this guy like an afterthought?

Would love to know where he’d be without his rich dad. A man who’s career was advanced by one of the best running backs ever, then neglects to use another generational RB when he gets a big job.

The Steelers offense having 1 TD in 2 games and being 2-0 pretty much sums him up and his career to date.

Not impressed with that GL series. Lucky the 2nd down pass was Incomplete because I think he might have been dragged down short even if he catches it. I don't understand why you wouldn't bring everything in tight and then attack the back corner. it's hellish difficult to defend and gives you no time to get the the QB either.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Would love to know where he’d be without his rich dad. A man who’s career was advanced by one of the best running backs ever, then neglects to use another generational RB when he gets a big job.

The Steelers offense having 1 TD in 2 games and being 2-0 pretty much sums him up and his career to date.

One thing I really don't understand about Smith is that I thought he actually did ok in his first year in Atlanta and held his own with a team that was a bit deficient in talent. But then the more talent they added, the less he did with it. Ok, Ridder was a mistake, but even still. If you put a half-way competent NFL QB under C and give him Pitts, London, Bijan etc, you'd expect at least a middle-of-the-pack O, but it's like Smith was determined to make the worst of what he had, not the other way around. A football terrorist.

11 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

One thing I really don't understand about Smith is that I thought he actually did ok in his first year in Atlanta and held his own with a team that was a bit deficient in talent. But then the more talent they added, the less he did with it. Ok, Ridder was a mistake, but even still. If you put a half-way competent NFL QB under C and give him Pitts, London, Bijan etc, you'd expect at least a middle-of-the-pack O, but it's like Smith was determined to make the worst of what he had, not the other way around. A football terrorist.

Some of his mind-boggling, one-off decision making made it the easiest sacking of all time. A lot of the time coaches can catch the blame for a poor run of form even if you can’t quite put your finger on what negative impact they themselves have made.

Smith made it so obvious he just could not cope when asked to make decisions on the spot.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The goal of the game is to get the ball in to the big coloured rectangles on the ground isn’t it? Someone want to tell Robinson and Morris?

My biggest complaint about Ken Whisenhunt was there were a couple of years where he developed an allergy to throwing the ball into the EZ. Philip Rivers, Gates, Jackson, Floyd etc, some huge targets, but ball on the 15? he'd call a 10 yard route. Ball on the 10? 5 yard route. Ball on the 5? flare to the flat etc etc. Frustrating as hell

Edited by Boo Khaki

Jason Kelce is a decent guy and all that but it feels like I’m watching Rangers TV having him in the booth. Bates has just kept us in this game. If we’d jumped on 4th down there I would’ve switched my phone off there and then.