Todays scores 16/9

More praise for beith keeper, not just his saves but quick thinking to release the winger for the winner, although poor from us, he should have been taken out and the attack stopped. Little through one on one should have made it 2 and might have been a different game, our keeper had a free header in injury time too. Dissapointing to be out a cup so early but was a tough draw.

Have to question why we have a bench made up of youth players while we have two out on loan, higgins should have been recalled as soon as mulcahy left imo.

39 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

More praise for beith keeper, not just his saves but quick thinking to release the winger for the winner, although poor from us, he should have been taken out and the attack stopped. Little through one on one should have made it 2 and might have been a different game, our keeper had a free header in injury time too. Dissapointing to be out a cup so early but was a tough draw.

Have to question why we have a bench made up of youth players while we have two out on loan, higgins should have been recalled as soon as mulcahy left imo.

Agree on Higgins, get him back, always looked dangerous with that pace.Β 

1 hour ago, hague said:

Considering Clydebank have won 85 trophies in their history that’s a rather stupid comment.

That's a bit like saying the current Gretna 2008 club only just got beaten in the 2006 Scottish cup final at hampden by heart of Midlothian on penalty kicks .

Edited by Thejackdaw

Beith keeper kept them in the game at points and the winning goal was from his quick thinking too.

Β 

It was a physical game, the number of cards show that. There could probably have been another three or four to be honest.

Β 

Cup football at it's best and worst!

Β 

The stuff at the end from both sides was very poor though.

16 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Nicky Low has won the Scottish League Cup and the League of Ireland cup. Carlo Monti would be lucky to get tickets for either!

If you're going down that route then kyle laffertyΒ  has won trophies that trump them both so I really don't get your point at all. ( It really means bugger all when they're playing at this level)

Come back on and ham your assets up on here when they win aΒ  major at the grade that they play In which is somethingΒ  that Carlo monti has actuallyΒ  done. ( I wouldn't swap Monti for anyone)

Edited by Thejackdaw

On 18/09/2023 at 16:06, Thejackdaw said:

If you're going down that route then kyle laffertyΒ  has won trophies that trump them both so I really don't get your point at all. ( It really means bugger all when they're playing at this level)

Come back on and ham your assets up on here when they win aΒ  major at the grade that they play In which is somethingΒ  that Carlo monti has actuallyΒ  done. ( I wouldn't swap Monti for anyone)

It's a very strange dig to make at somebody who has only been playing in the grade 5 minutes against a team and player who deservedly won the league last season and continue to pull out results and show they are the team to beat.

We don't need to ham him up, his career speaks for itself.

On 17/09/2023 at 09:27, F_T_Y said:

Is it possible that the terms of the loan deal do not have an option to recall early in it? Seemed to be what someone suggested at the game on Saturday but I 'm not upto scratch on how these things work to be honest.

2 hours ago, not man of the match said:

It's a very strange dig to make at somebody who has only been playing in the grade 5 minutes against a team and player who deservedly won the league last season and continue to pull out results and show they are the team to beat.

We don't need to ham him up, his career speaks for itself.

Nothing strange at all and for what it's worth I think Nicky low is a very good and clever player,Β  a player I could actually envisage seeingΒ  in a beith shirt winning majors in the future .............

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Nothing strange at all and for what it's worth I think Nicky low is a very good and clever player,Β  a player I could actually envisage seeingΒ  in a beith shirt winning majors in the future .............

Majors πŸ˜‚

Playing on a ski slope for a club that can’t get promoted.

Edited by Greenmachine