Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They've got John Robertson looking after things in the interim and teams often get a temporary bounce when the old manager leaves the building, a bit of effort to try and impress the incomer probably. It's hardly good for morale scouting around for a new manager with the old one still stinking out the place.

Yeah. Lest we forget that Mr. Robertson is both the first and second most successful manager in our history by win percentage. 

20 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

If he has the sound bite potential of Lee Johnson I’m all for it. Can’t wait to hear him ask Wallace Duffy how fast he’d run if he was being chased by a lion 

Surely the only answer to that question is "faster than you ya pr1ck!".

15 hours ago, UtdFan said:

You’re now in a situation where you’re In going into a game a full week later against the biggest club in the league with no manager. 

The biggest club?

This is the sort of nonsense we've had from relegated clubs over the years.

You were relegated because you were shite last season and now you're on the same level as us and the rest, and so far with only 3 wins out of 5 games being the biggest isn't helping you, is it?

Btw you need to work on your Grammer as last I looked you have a manager.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Rumoured that he could be the assistant to Imrie.

Would find that hard to believe unless talks with Imrie are at an advanced stage. 

Usually a manager brings in his own background staff unless the club in question can't pay them off. In this instance the club are determining the assistant and then bringing in the manager?  Doesn't really ring true unless Imrie is saying he wants this guy if he becomes manager. 

Has he worked or played alongside him before? Does he even know him?  

29 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Would find that hard to believe unless talks with Imrie are at an advanced stage. 

Usually a manager brings in his own background staff unless the club in question can't pay them off. In this instance the club are determining the assistant and then bringing in the manager?  Doesn't really ring true unless Imrie is saying he wants this guy if he becomes manager. 

Has he worked or played alongside him before? Does he even know him?  

Whilst I agree with your point in that it would seem unlikely they would bring in a random assistant like that out of nowhere - Dougie did get handed an assistant to work with at Morton.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Whilst I agree with your point in that it would seem unlikely they would bring in a random assistant like that out of nowhere - Dougie did get handed an assistant to work with at Morton.

That's why I said unless the club can't pay off the existing coaching staff, which happened when he came to the club.

To be honest I think it's ended up a good partnership and it may not have been Millen as his first choice

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Why would Imrie leave a club of similar size and uproot miles from his home. Makes no sense

With recent history, not a hundred years ago,  we are a bigger club.

And truthfully and second bottom in the league Imrie is fine where he is.

We're aiming higher.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

With recent history, not a hundred years ago,  we are a bigger club.

And truthfully and second bottom in the league Imrie is fine where he is.

We're aiming higher.

For Imrie to be the least bit interested you’d need to be offering much more money and I doubt you would.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

For Imrie to be the least bit interested you’d need to be offering much more money and I doubt you would.

Daft, riposte when you consider the state of Cappielow.

We've just cleared a Scottish Cup run worth over a million while Morton are struggling to pay their heating bill..

Go figure.

50 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Rumoured that he had applied for the job, while o'Dea was approached by the club. So may not be going into it as the favourite option.