France away tickets

Broon_100

39 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I Imagine that's me fucked for the Euros now as highest I can get is 13 points.  

I think 13 will be fine for the Euros tbh. 4,200 people on 13 and above, so even if every single one of those were to travel - which they won’t - you’d probably still be able to get a ticket. 

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The top pointers will tell you that you should choose to go to away friendlies to get up the ladder 😅

Nobody thought the allocation would be as low as it was, tbf. If we’d ended up with the 5% minimum that’s in place for competitive games it’d have gone into single figures.  

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

The top pointers will tell you that you should choose to go to away friendlies to get up the ladder 😅

Or Cyprus (twice) or Armenia or Ireland. It's not that difficult. Even France we're talking 13 points and it's still showing as available and we'll get the same shouts of how it's a closed shop.

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Nobody thought the allocation would be as low as it was, tbf. If we’d ended up with the 5% minimum that’s in place for competitive games it’d have gone into single figures.  

I know, just quite funny that this is usually the advice given to those who are looking to get to away games, only for it to sell out exactly one point above the maximum that someone who hasn’t been to an away game could be on.

19 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

My issue with it though is not the system as it's clearly the fairest way. This friendly was announced months ago and the allocation three weeks before the game. Why are they not negotiating and announcing this stuff months in advance to let fans know and give them a better idea of chances of a getting a ticket before booking travel and wasting money.  To me this just stinks of not particularly giving a f**k about the fans. The fact they are charging fans to collect a ticket only adds to that. 

Edited by dundeefc1783

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Or Cyprus (twice) or Armenia or Ireland. It's not that difficult. Even France we're talking 13 points and it's still showing as available and we'll get the same shouts of how it's a closed shop.

Easy to say in hindsight that it drops to however many points but the reality is that you’re booking things months in advance and tickets go on sale weeks in advance. I don’t think many are in a position to be booking trips to near enough Asia and gambling whether they will be able to get one of 900 tickets.

Personally speaking, I didn’t go to Cyprus the first time as I’d been to Russia the month before points just dropped off). Didn’t go to Armenia as I’d been in Dublin days before (which unfortunately sold out on 12 points which I was on). Didn’t go to Cyprus the second time as I chose to go to Lille instead, thinking a friendly would be easier to get points for, as well as being a hell of a lot cheaper.

I can’t have too many complaints as those who have got into these games go more often or at least have had more luck with where they’ve chosen to go to than me. It’s frustrating as hell though, going to every single home game plus taking a chance on 1/2 aways a year and getting nowhere, particularly with next summer on the horizon.

6 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

My issue with it though is not the system as it's clearly the fairest way. This friendly was announced months ago and the allocation three weeks before the game. Why are they not negotiating and announcing this stuff months in advance to let fans know and give them a better idea of chances of a getting a ticket before booking travel and wasting money.  To me this just stinks of not particularly giving a f**k about the fans. The fact they are charging fans to collect a ticket only adds to that. 

Yeah I get that and think it’s totally fair, the short notice in particular is pretty shite. Not to leap to their defence, but they probably didn’t imagine the FFF would be as awkward as they were. Not privy to this sort of stuff but it sounds as though the SFA did pretty well in getting the allocation they did. 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Yeah I get that and think it’s totally fair, the short notice in particular is pretty shite. Not to leap to their defence, but they probably didn’t imagine the FFF would be as awkward as they were. Not privy to this sort of stuff but it sounds as though the SFA did pretty well in getting the allocation they did. 

Yeah and that's all fair enough but maybe this stuff surely needs to be part of the initial agreement when organising these matches.

Just checked the travel if I was to book same route today if I had got a ticket and it's double the price coming in at £500. Completely unrealistic for a 2 day trip to France. 

40 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Easy to say in hindsight that it drops to however many points but the reality is that you’re booking things months in advance and tickets go on sale weeks in advance. I don’t think many are in a position to be booking trips to near enough Asia and gambling whether they will be able to get one of 900 tickets.

Personally speaking, I didn’t go to Cyprus the first time as I’d been to Russia the month before points just dropped off). Didn’t go to Armenia as I’d been in Dublin days before (which unfortunately sold out on 12 points which I was on). Didn’t go to Cyprus the second time as I chose to go to Lille instead, thinking a friendly would be easier to get points for, as well as being a hell of a lot cheaper.

I can’t have too many complaints as those who have got into these games go more often or at least have had more luck with where they’ve chosen to go to than me. It’s frustrating as hell though, going to every single home game plus taking a chance on 1/2 aways a year and getting nowhere, particularly with next summer on the horizon.

Everyone was in the same boat when they climbed the ladder taking the chance on booking without the guarantee of a ticket so it's nothing new. I missed Hungary because it went to 6 on the old system, our group were short for Lithuania because it went to 4 and plenty missed France in Metz the last time round too not to mention Moldova and the Faroes and the COVID allocations. Now the complaints are people who haven't been to a single away game or 1 max out the last 10 seem annoyed that they can't get sorted for either big games or tight allocations when we're getting some of our best results in years.  When pointing out it's not massively difficult to get enough points it's always this friendly was too short notice or that qualifier was too far away yet the people at the top are going to these games and for all the harvester claims by the time France comes around that'll be 3 of the last 6 that have been 100% pickup and the numbers who are on 20+ aren't falling.

Managed to get one on 12 points! Thought it’d sold out at 13 but chanced my arm and managed to get one. Only one of my group of 7 to get one though. 

Edit: 2 of us in! If you’re on 12 points keep refreshing and you might get lucky 

Edited by dezz

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Everyone was in the same boat when they climbed the ladder taking the chance on booking without the guarantee of a ticket so it's nothing new. I missed Hungary because it went to 6 on the old system, our group were short for Lithuania because it went to 4 and plenty missed France in Metz the last time round too not to mention Moldova and the Faroes and the COVID allocations. Now the complaints are people who haven't been to a single away game or 1 max out the last 10 seem annoyed that they can't get sorted for either big games or tight allocations when we're getting some of our best results in years.  When pointing out it's not massively difficult to get enough points it's always this friendly was too short notice or that qualifier was too far away yet the people at the top are going to these games and for all the harvester claims by the time France comes around that'll be 3 of the last 6 that have been 100% pickup and the numbers who are on 20+ aren't falling.

The people at the top are quite clearly fucking loaded and retired or have no other commitments tbf. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Appreciate that many will have been in this situation but it’ll be more common now given the fact we now have 38,000 members.

This one particularly stings as it’s a friendly taking place in a large stadium in the same window as a very important and attractive away game. You’d think that would point towards it dropping down the points. The short notice was a further kick in the balls.

Its easy to say it’s not massively difficult but the situation now is that unless you have the finances, flexibility with your employer and family life to book up 3+ trips per year, including some on the eastern edge of Europe then you’re not going to get very far.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Appreciate that many will have been in this situation but it’ll be more common now given the fact we now have 38,000 members.

This one particularly stings as it’s a friendly taking place in a large stadium in the same window as a very important and attractive away game. You’d think that would point towards it dropping down the points. The short notice was a further kick in the balls.

Its easy to say it’s not massively difficult but the situation now is that unless you have the finances, flexibility with your employer and family life to book up 3+ trips per year, including some on the eastern edge of Europe then you’re not going to get very far.

It dropped to 11 in the end so it would appear people could get a ticket for Cyprus, Spain and France without attending a single away game. Looks like you really don't need to book anywhere near 3+ trips a year to get to any Scotland away game apart from 1 COVID impacted allocation of 300 in Moldova.

11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It dropped to 11 in the end so it would appear people could get a ticket for Cyprus, Spain and France without attending a single away game. Looks like you really don't need to book anywhere near 3+ trips a year to get to any Scotland away game apart from 1 COVID impacted allocation of 300 in Moldova.

I’ve snapped one up on 11 so toys have been returned to the pram 😅

Ticket number 1373 which seems very low.