Pollok crowd limit

31 minutes ago, superpollok said:

In has been in place at every game this season and has been announced before the start of every game. 

Anyway, positive news today despite your attempt to create something out of nothing. And questioning how many could be allowed in.

if you were at the Bens game as you said, you could easily see Newlandfield could hold double that at least as it was empty. 

No attempt to create something out of nothing
Your the one making stuff up, where have i ever questioned how many could be allowed in, I know what the restriction were before todays announcement and I like most were shocked and a bit peeved that the council would shaft Pollok like that.

Think I know what Pollok can hold when I played against them and watched many times

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

No the officials said it was voted on by the committee for the Benburb Scottish cup game, other games I haven't a clue about.

It was approved by committee long before the Benburb game, as this article from 28th July will attest to.

https://www.pollokfc.com/2023/07/28/supporter-information/

33 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pars, please read my post I never said it could cause a riot, I  just said fans who wanted out, and the fan was with 3 other lads went mental at not getting back in.
Health and Safety rules are in place incase of the unexpected happens.

In fact before the incident, there was a elderly man walked up to the official and said he didn't feel well and could he be let out and he was told you cannot return and he said that was fine,  ffs I asked him if he was Ok and he said he would be fine and someone was picking him up.

If that's was the rules of no re entry then that is fine but it should be in the interest of Pollok to inform fans of such they should inform everyone, nothing wrong with their choice but i think if the gates are locked from the inside I'm sure this is wrong, sure someone might know factually to clarity this!

The main reason why quite a few wanted out at half time was that Pollok only have one snack bar and the queues were huge so quite a few wanted out, to get to the locals shops, (its a built up area) and get drinks and food and come back in which would have been a lot quicker.  It was very hot and it went to extra time and penalties so it was a very long day.  As i said, I was told by one of the top officials that it was 867 crowd.

I'd assume no re-entry unless proven otherwise,  it's the case at 99% of events I go too, for fans to be going mental at being told that that's the policy is weird as f**k.

You say the crowd was near capacity(at the time) therefore re-entry causing significant issues and you can't complain about such policy being in place.    Anyone going to the football know you are going to get crowds at kiosks/snack bars and if your going at popular moments such as HT then you know its going to be a wait, saying you'd rather go to the shop doesn't add up.  I'd love to go buy a few cans and bring them back to a gig or go to the shops next to east end and pay 40% of what I'd pay inside, but nobody expects to be able to do that.

Having a license requires you provide sufficient catering, so I'd expect that was in place, but maybe it was just too inconvenient to stand in a queue for 10-15 minutes, something you would expect to do in any near capacity crowd, can't be going daft over that.

I've been in a crowd much larger than that trying to leave a ground(nobody wanting to come back in tho) with the door blocked off by police/stewards and it was absolute chaos, pretty dangerous in fact so I could understand frustration at that, but if that is caused by fans wanting out and not accepting they won't get back in then I'm not sure how that's the fault of the club

1 minute ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Regarding 'talking shit' about something I haven't got a clue about, I am on the committee and can safely say I know more than you who goes to the occasional game. As was mentioned above, this was announced by the club and people were being informed of this from last season at the gate. Fairly standard practice at any venues, particularly ones at capacity. Big stadiums in Scotland will not have doors unlocked as standard, as people would wander in off the street. They are opened to let people out as required and then locked again.

In  the event of an emergency at Newlandsfield, the gate would be opened and then locked again. In the bizarre, hypothetical event that you described where an official has had a stroke, then one of several key holders would open the gate in his place, presumably after seeing to the stricken committee man. I would also assume that supporters would have the wherewithal not to clamber over him to get to Morrisons also.

Not entirely sure what the rest of your rant is about to be honest, so will leave it at that.

Its not a rant I have stated what I was told by committee members at the time of the incident.
The club voted to lock the gates and anyone going out wouldn't be allowed back in

Whatever reasoning of occurrences regarding health and safety read the post, the only question i have is that fire exits should not be locked from the inside, if this is true or not as your on the committee I'm sure you can find out from the council.

teh reason why i said you were tlalking shite was that 
I said 

Paul to you

How can the initial post that i put up that states

"said they committee decided to arrange this but i don't think you can legally lock a fire exit door from the inside incase something happens?, I could be wrong though but doubt it"

That isn't classed as fact from me from your post, (see people who change shit or twist it, i don't get why they do it)

Paul you said i was wrong and that it was not fact but i never said it was fact, just asked for clarity

Id pretty much imagine that Pollok will have a safety plan that covers any potential crush scenario will allow for supporters to in an emergency go onto the park and that they will be operating safely in terms of what they do with their gates also. Even major grounds have their gates shut over during play etc and are opened at the direction of the safety officers/event policing leads. Its no where near the big deal being made out here. As much as we all have our clubs we like/dislike lok is a well run club and ive never seen nor heard of a single safety issue at any of their games and i say that as someone who had worked in that area for a number of years and would have had to attend such incidents. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'd assume no re-entry unless proven otherwise,  it's the case at 99% of events I go too, for fans to be going mental at being told that that's the policy is weird as f**k.

You say the crowd was near capacity(at the time) therefore re-entry causing significant issues and you can't complain about such policy being in place.    Anyone going to the football know you are going to get crowds at kiosks/snack bars and if your going at popular moments such as HT then you know its going to be a wait, saying you'd rather go to the shop doesn't add up.  I'd love to go buy a few cans and bring them back to a gig or go to the shops next to east end and pay 40% of what I'd pay inside, but nobody expects to be able to do that.

Having a license requires you provide sufficient catering, so I'd expect that was in place, but maybe it was just too inconvenient to stand in a queue for 10-15 minutes, something you would expect to do in any near capacity crowd, can't be going daft over that.

I've been in a crowd much larger than that trying to leave a ground(nobody wanting to come back in tho) with the door blocked off by police/stewards and it was absolute chaos, pretty dangerous in fact so I could understand frustration at that, but if that is caused by fans wanting out and not accepting they won't get back in then I'm not sure how that's the fault of the club

Pollok used to have two food snacks, one which still continues and one which was brought in self employed and think Pollok decided to move them out due to none benefit to Pollok FC as far as I'm lead to believe.

Part in bold, the only issue regarding all of this is that exit doors locked on the inside, is it legal or not.  Think businesses and big clubs have doors  that when you press the bar you can easily get the door open and exit, at the Pollok game you could not, that's all

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id pretty much imagine that Pollok will have a safety plan that covers any potential crush scenario will allow for supporters to in an emergency go onto the park and that they will be operating safely in terms of what they do with their gates also. Even major grounds have their gates shut over during play etc and are opened at the direction of the safety officers/event policing leads. Its no where near the big deal being made out here. As much as we all have our clubs we like/dislike lok is a well run club and ive never seen nor heard of a single safety issue at any of their games and i say that as someone who had worked in that area for a number of years and would have had to attend such incidents. 

Best to check with the guy who played against us a few times as rather than focusing on the game playing football allows you to be a stadium safety expert. Who would have known that’s covered on Tuesday and Thursday’s when players train. 

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pollok used to have two food snacks, one which still continues and one which was brought in self employed and think Pollok decided to move them out due to none benefit to Pollok FC as far as I'm lead to believe.

For someone who goes to games, you must have missed the two big toilet blocks. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Totally agreement, the only issue is that are exit doors that are locked from the inside, is it legal?  I'm sure someone could find out as I do not know.
Its not a big deal . its only escalated when people replying while are not understanding the post or not reading it the way it was hoped to be conveyed, or saying thing to my post that I never said

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

I couldn't believe they built that mad royal box thing for Haughty and chums instead of another stand at LH. It's an absolute snider of a venue. I was reading somewhere that they demolished the oldest football related building in the world to accommodate the box thing. Mental and quite sad if true.

Anyway, good news for Pollok.

Lesser Hampden is a joke, especially the royal box, but the farmhouse was falling to bits and absolutely not "the oldest football related building in the world" despite so many people (who previously didn't know or care that it existed) greeting about it being torn down.

3 minutes ago, superpollok said:

For someone who goes to games, you must have missed the two big toilet blocks. 

Nope didn't miss them, i usually don't miss much, I'm very good with details as I'm sure you know now
Think it was a couple of years ago I was told the brought in company did not benefit Pollok Fc, if it was either for money or to implement toilets, i don't know

8 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Best to check with the guy who played against us a few times as rather than focusing on the game playing football allows you to be a stadium safety expert. Who would have known that’s covered on Tuesday and Thursday’s when players train. 

Ohhh that was real bitchy  pmslllllllllllllllllllll

How am i a safety expect, I never said I am and I haven't made one FACTUAL comment about a inplace rule regarding health and safety factual announcement  loll

I asked if the exit doors are locked from the inside, is this legal or not, that's all i asked, a question and then some joker or a fan comes on and twists.
i dare to think what people think of you after that comment

Is that where Pollok train by the way at Newlandsfield?    lolollol  

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id pretty much imagine that Pollok will have a safety plan that covers any potential crush scenario will allow for supporters to in an emergency go onto the park.... 

I noticed that was part of Banks o Dee's safety instructions recently given they also have very limited access possibilities. Guess this is also good news for clubs like Arthurlie where the feasibility of doing licensing and moving up the leagues at their existing ground is concerned.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I noticed that was part of Banks o Dee's safety instructions recently given they also have very limited access possibilities. Guess this is also good news for clubs like Arthurlie where the feasibility of doing licensing and moving up the leagues at their existing ground is concerned.

A lot of stadium/ground safety is preventing crush and fire risks. If you can move people onto a wide open surface if needed then its better than potentially evacuating through a stand which is on fire.