St Johnstone relegation express

On 29/01/2024 at 10:56, tree house tam said:

Imagine if you were a Dee of 50 years and your memory highlight reel is a testimonial, a friendly and helping relegate your city rivals, you'd be clinging to everything you can. It's no wonder they're a bitter bunch.

Like how you just casually omitted our Tennents Sixes triumph, which I can also remember clear as a bell, thank you very much.

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Quite right. Far more prestigious trophy than the utterly diddy League Cup.

Hearts & Hibs have both included Tennent's 6s in their List of Trophies.

I used to have programmes from Dunfermline & Celtic where they listed their Quizball Trophy successes 😀.  John Cairney (who died recently) was the Celtic celebrity and main "goalscorer" (when not being "Rabbie Burns" or "This Man Craig"). Celtic beat Hearts 3-1 in the final (golfer Eric Brown was the Hearts celebrity fan. Great guy who won all his Ryder Cup singles matches. Also ran a good pub in Dalry Road!)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

trainwreck GIF

So the relegation express isnt reaching its destination?

Youve more faith than me.

Im genuinely split about whether I'd mind relegation or not. Is being in the top flight really worth anything if youre stuck in the bottom half, watching your team trying to draw every week, for years and years? 

Dropping to the Championship always brings the risk of having to watch worse players but i struggle to see how the football itself could be worse. We'll probably struggle for years until the current rot vanishes, but at some point in the next 2-3 years after id hope we have a side who are looking at the play offs as a minimum and are winning more often than not.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

So the relegation express isnt reaching its destination?

Youve more faith than me.

Im genuinely split about whether I'd mind relegation or not. Is being in the top flight really worth anything if youre stuck in the bottom half, watching your team trying to draw every week, for years and years? 

Dropping to the Championship always brings the risk of having to watch worse players but i struggle to see how the football itself could be worse. We'll probably struggle for years until the current rot vanishes, but at some point in the next 2-3 years after id hope we have a side who are looking at the play offs as a minimum and are winning more often than not.

Staying up every time for me - the Championship is the Jurassic tar pit of leagues - the initial hope of coming straight back up after winning lots of matches dashed when that doesn't actually materialise.

You only have to look at Thistle, Dunfermline, Inverness and Falkirk to see what can happen.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Staying up every time for me - the Championship is the Jurassic tar pit of leagues - the initial hope of coming straight back up after winning lots of matches when that doesn't actually materialise.

You only have to look at Thistle, Dunfermline, Inverness and Falkirk to see what can happen.

Im just tired of the last 3 years. Literally the entire time its felt like we're just clinging on and trying to draw our way to safety, with increasingly worse squads who become less and less likeable.

Something needs to give.