The Reckoning

Sergeant Wilson

On 21/10/2023 at 02:00, 19QOS19 said:

Aye this. Was quietly seething throughout the whole show with BBC (I think mainly because they're getting ratings from something they absolutely covered up in the first place. Something quite off about that) but at the end when they said they shelved a documentary with victim testimony, that really set me off. A complete shower. 

Another very good performance from Coogan. It'll be interesting to hear how he addresses it when he collects his awards. Had no idea he had the keys to Broadmoor. He was before my time and I never knew much about the c**t but that was something I had no knowledge of at all. What the f**k were people thinking?! 

I think he was very lucky he died when he did. I think, given the way women are finally being listened to now, had he lived another few years folk would have been more likely to come forward.* It must be particularly hard for survivors living with the fact he got away with it. 

I'm an atheist but watching it part of me was hoping there really is a heaven and hell and he truly believed it (I'm not convinced that wasn't another cover) and he's suffering in Hell. 

* ETA. Not to disrespect the victims - clearly there were loads who had the courage to come forward who were shot down. I meant more that nowadays things like that aren't so easily swept under the carpet. 

Gary Glitter had been caught 14 years previous to this and it didn't have the impact to start the police investigating for more cases. I'm not convinced he'd ever have been exposed during his life time, even if he'd lived for another 10 years, just seemed too powerful and protected. His death made it easier for these allegations to come out and be listened to, and operation Yewtree only happened after that, which led to Rolf Harris being exposed. 

On 14/10/2023 at 07:56, Bairnardo said:

One thing I don't think The Reckoning gets across so well although i've only seen 2, is how big and famous Savile got. It's akey part of how he got away with what he did but I don't think they really convey the gravity of his fame that well.... So far at least. 

What about his funeral at the beginning ?