Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

Well, well, well I haven’t enjoyed an away game so much in a while. Lee Bullen takes a lot of abuse on here but I thought he got everything spot on today. Just a pity that MacKenzie is incapable of hitting the target. 
very surprised how poor Dunfermline were first half but ironically very nearly got a draw. Still can’t believe they missed/ Charlie saved  that open goal. 

Can see me buying a gilet at this rate! 

Went to firhill instead but kept an eye on a dodgy stream - a good laugh all round. 

I'm beginning to wonder if we got lucky with those midfield injuries and have (after a settling in period) upgraded in there. 

Dunfermline were just rubbish, how were the boos?

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Went to firhill instead but kept an eye on a dodgy stream - a good laugh all round. 

I'm beginning to wonder if we got lucky with those midfield injuries and have (after a settling in period) upgraded in there. 

Easily the most vociferous of the McPake era.

Nowhere near Grant/Hughes levels though.

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Individually they are probably a similar level of player, but there is definitely a better balance to Senga and Syla with complementary qualities IMO. 

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Dempsey and Murdoch never had out balls, they had wide men like O'Conner who played well for 6 minutes every time he played and JML who regularly hid unless we were playing Arbroath. They now have Murphy and Chalmers to "dae hings" with Dowds and McKenzie up front who move about a bit and aren't marked by three centre backs like Dipo was. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Attendance was given as over 5,000 with the capacity at 11,000. No way was the stadium almost 50% full, something not right here. 

Dunfermline count season ticket holders in their overall attendance regardless of whether or not they are there. 

11 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You and me both! 🤦‍♂️

The Gilet army.

I remember a load of weirdos bought plastic fedoras when Stainrod took over as manager and wore them to a Scottish cup game at the old Rugby park. 
When they got to the top of the stairs on the way in, the wind was blowing the fedoras all down Dundonald Road.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline count season ticket holders in their overall attendance regardless of whether or not they are there. 

I suppose you technically should be doing this all the time? Given that you can't exactly reject a season book holder at the turnstile due to the ground being at capacity.

On 22/10/2023 at 22:40, North Terrace Gazza said:

Attendance was given as over 5,000 with the capacity at 11,000. No way was the stadium almost 50% full, something not right here. 

Our capacity isn't 11,000 anymore as I think that figure includes us selling the seats in front of the main stand by the trackside.

Also it's the tickets sold not an attendance.

Lastly, the NW stand is sold out all season but looks 2/3 full at best because of no shows and overcrowding in the end section closest to the Norrie .

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Our capacity isn't 11,000 anymore as I think that figure includes us selling the seats in front of the main stand by the trackside.

Also it's the tickets sold not an attendance.

Lastly, the NW stand is sold out all season but looks 2/3 full at best because of no shows and overcrowding in the end section closest to the Norrie .

Have to say over 5.000 is impressive  !

Edited by Its not only a game