Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

Important the Pars respond after the disappointing performance and result at Firhill.

McPake has indicated several players should be available again after injury, so last week’s Arbroath postponement  may have been a blessing.

Seemed to be some pressure building on Bullen so the win at Airdrie will have been a relief. Still, a game we should be looking to win if the team are hoping to be pushing towards the Top 4.

This could end up a typical championship game where either side could comfortably win on the day.

Credit to Bullen, and I can’t believe I’m typing this, his tactics seem to have clicked into place in recent weeks - he is definitely not off the hook yet though, not by a long shot, but promising signs.

Most onlookers would have placed the Pars as serious contenders this season up at the top end, and I’m sure that we will need to be at our best for the full game to come away with anything.

How are the stewards in the away end this season so far???

23 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seemed to be some pressure building on Bullen so the win at Airdrie will have been a relief.

The problem Bullen had was that there's finally been an adjustment to playing attacking football on the deck, but the club had failed to sign any forwards good enough to play at this level. Chalmers and Dowds have clicked right into place. The other problem is that a defence which already had glaring deficiencies last season has somehow gotten worse.

Ayr will still be beaten by the league's better sides. But they can do a lot of damage if things go right. I'd have completely written this off a month ago, but it should be competitive now.

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

How are the stewards in the away end this season so far???

Seems like we've hardly had a home game for a start, and having not sat in the away end it's hard to say. Certainly not heard of any complaints. Why do you ask? What mischief have you got planned? 

Dunfermline fans trying to convince every one that Chalmers is a good player is how I imagine we must sound to Thistle and Morton fans when talking about McGinty. I simply cannot imagine a world where Joe Chalmers is a competent footballer. 

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline fans trying to convince every one that Chalmers is a good player is how I imagine we must sound to Thistle and Morton fans when talking about McGinty. I simply cannot imagine a world where Joe Chalmers is a competent footballer. 

We've been living in that world for over a year now and its still pretty difficult to understand tbf.    If someone told me mcpake found a unknown forgeiner who was great at football but we couldn't sign due to brexit so he performed some face swap shenanigans and the real joe chalmers is sat in a random mental health facility trying to convince the staff he's actually a scottish professional footballer who just wants to go home I would find it difficult to say they weren't onto something.

Joe has had more good games than bad since McPake became our manager. 
Naturally our praise will curse him and he’ll be terrible when you guys rock up to EEP. 
But if this doesn’t, Joe will orchestrate the middle of the park and Whoop Ass Reaction GIF

I hope we see the Joe Chalmers we know, that slows everything down in the middle of the park, strolls about like he doesn't give a flying f**k and never seems to know whether he wants to play a wayward pass or sky the ball well over the bar.

On the game, considering Dunfermline's start and them having a couple players back from injury I think we will do well to get a result here. We've shown recently that we have the ability to adapt to the game and really make opponents uncomfortable - playing to our strengths and/or exposing their weaknesses and going for the jugular. Previous to QP, we didn't seem to know how to stamp our mark on a game, constantly allowing opponents to dictate the play and looking naive in defence. I'm feeling more confident generally but it'll be a tricky one at EEP.

If we can get a positive result here we really start to drag ourselves into that middle group of teams that is starting to form, possibly even creating a wee gap to the bottom. Considering how miserable it was starting to look a few weeks ago that would be a good position to be in.

Edited by AuAl

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

I hope we see the Joe Chalmers we know, that slows everything down in the middle of the park, strolls about like he doesn't give a flying f**k

What you see as a disadvantage can be a bonus with the right players and team tactics