Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was a foul but it wasn’t a bad challenge from memory. Moore went through the back of him but it was more the way Fordyce landed that fucked him. I think his foot and leg ended up going over the ball. It looked horrendous but it was more bad luck than anything as it’s the type of tackle you see from strikers often enough. 

There were far heftier challenges put in by Devlin and Adams. Adams was throwing elbows about all over the place as well. 

2 minutes 35. 

No one would have even noticed if Fordyce didn’t get injured.

Dunfermline fans brains were melted after that game though and I do remember them trying to claim it was a scissor tackle and from behind etc, which was hilarious. 

You could probably get booked for it now tbh. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, No_Problemo said:

2 minutes 35. 

Dunfermline fans brains were melted after that game though and I do remember them trying to claim it was a scissor tackle and from behind etc, which was hilarious. 

Warra trophy that was for Ayr

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

2 minutes 35. 

You could probably get booked for it now tbh. 

Clearly from the side, not behind as alluded to above.

even the law as it is now, there's room for interpretation.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

The whole thing was amplified by Alan Johnstons tantrum post match and the fury of the Dunfermline end during the match. Was this not the game someone flung tea at the linesman? 

Johnston came out and said he wanted to send footage of the challenge to the SFA as Moore had got away with a dangerous challenge when the footage showed it wasn’t 

3 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Currently out of the country but will be back in time for the game tomorrow. What are the odds of this game being on? Weather sounds quite bad.

Someone on dotnet (yes, I know) said that we reckon the pitch is fine just now and that they're hopeful the game goes ahead tomorrow. They even said 80% but who knows - not a lot of rain yesterday, more today but constant light rain with heavier spells in bursts, winds very blustery but it might ease off. I'd be surprised if it goes ahead tbh.

Going how the call off went a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't be shocked if this gets binned tomorrow. Amber weather warning for rain from midnight tonight until midnight on Saturday, coupled in with the consistent rain/wind for the 30 hours or so.

Someone I know was at the Walk and Talk group this morning which was being held at EEP due to the weather. They said the pitch looked good but with 24 hours until kick off I'm not sure.

Secretly, I'm not that fussed. I can't make tomorrow and it's another game closer to having more players back from injury/lads who've just came back getting more training in the legs.

37 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Someone I know was at the Walk and Talk group this morning which was being held at EEP due to the weather. They said the pitch looked good but with 24 hours until kick off I'm not sure.

Even if the pitch is fine surely supporter safety will have to be considered? Amber weather warning for the area could mean it could be quite risky to get to the game.

Also not fussed if it’s called off though as I’m unlikely to be able to make it

I see there are already a couple of call offs (Montrose / St Johnstone). St Johnstone calling off for supporter safety and not wanting to add additional strain to the emergency services. Would imagine given the flooding there will be alot of resource being pulled from all over the country to support. 

It depends on the drainage at EEP, if there is heavy, relentless rainfall then it may end up wrecking the pitch and they are as well calling it off. 

If the wind is going to be excessive then call it off, it just ruins games. 

Looking at the forecast there isn’t much wind so it just depends on the amount of rainfall. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It depends on the drainage at EEP, if there is heavy, relentless rainfall then it may end up wrecking the pitch and they are as well calling it off. 

If the wind is going to be excessive then call it off, it just ruins games. 

Looking at the forecast there isn’t much wind so it just depends on the amount of rainfall. 

We called off a fortnight ago as a small section near corner flag at Tunnel was waterlogged. Rain has been fairly similar.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

We called off a fortnight ago as a small section near corner flag at Tunnel was waterlogged. Rain has been fairly similar.

Understandably, the club will want it on but I think most folk would want to know today if the game is at risk.