Livingston v Dundee - 28/10/23

Better team won yesterday, no question. Even at 11 v 11, Dundee had the better chances and the Bakayoko goal should never have been disallowed. Not what VAR is for in my opinion but obviously I would have taken it if it had influenced the result. 

That was a worrying performance from us. The defence looked ropey and there was no control in the midfield and our attackers were non-existent. Montano was our best player but the red card incident was thuggish and he let us down massively. 

Not panicking yet but the standard of the performances needs to improve fast or we will be certs for 11th, if not fighting St Johnstone to avoid automatic relegation.

20 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He's a good player, but that's fucking nasty, deserved 3 game ban at least.

20 hours ago, Fifespud said:

He was probs Livi’s best player but as you say he’s going to be in BT (big trouble). 

His Colombian temperament getting the better of him. Great player, was the only spark in our attack, and likes getting into a physical battle, but he let his temper get the better of him when he was being held onto, stamping on your player.

7 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

That VAR decision for the disallowed goal is an absolute embarrassment btw.

From a Livi perspective, it was the highlight of the game, we were pissing ourselves laughing when VAR chopped off a perfectly good Dundee goal. Would be absolute raging if it happened against us though.

20 hours ago, Livi said:

Wonder if Livi are saddled with him? 

I'm not at all happy with our last 2 results, or how we've performed, but we're nowhere near in a crisis, maybe would think differently if we were where St Johnstone are. 

However 6 years in the top flight and also a big part of our promotion, would be off our head getting rid of him. We went through sticky patches the prev 2 seasons and fans were calling for him to be punted, it really is ridiculous how fickle fans can be.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm not at all happy with our last 2 results, or how we've performed, but we're nowhere near in a crisis, maybe would think differently if we were where St Johnstone are. 

However 6 years in the top flight and also a big part of our promotion, would be off our head getting rid of him. We went through sticky patches the prev 2 seasons and fans were calling for him to be punted, it really is ridiculous how fickle fans can be.

Totally agree with that. He’s been working miracles. 

Not sure what Gollum was thinking about the initial yellow card, if it was an accidental landing on the player then surely play on. If he saw it as a stamp then clearly a red straight away. Total buffoon, am never sure if he hates us as well as being incompetent

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There is no doubting his record over last 6 plus years. 

It all just feels a little stale around the team and that staleness seems to get a little stronger each year and earlier. Many have said the style of football. Its not that we've been beat (Livi have no right to win)  its the manner of the defeats thats the worry - thats not being fickle its being honest.

He'e been around since Burchill days. He is involved in a lot than he lets us know around the club and for that reason can't see him shifting any time soon no matter how stale we get.

i had a week look at all the factions that have an ownership in Livi FC today. Its as clear as mud and would seem that John Ward & Paul Cullen (whoever he is) have the current majority shareholding according to companies house. 

50 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Not sure what Gollum was thinking about the initial yellow card, if it was an accidental landing on the player then surely play on. If he saw it as a stamp then clearly a red straight away. Total buffoon, am never sure if he hates us as well as being incompetent

His booking stats must be sky high and he was trying to keep his card count down in this game.

18 minutes ago, Livi said:

There is no doubting his record over last 6 plus years. 

It all just feels a little stale around the team and that staleness seems to get a little stronger each year and earlier. Many have said the style of football. Its not that we've been beat (Livi have no right to win)  its the manner of the defeats thats the worry - thats not being fickle its being honest.

He'e been around since Burchill days. He is involved in a lot than he lets us know around the club and for that reason can't see him shifting any time soon no matter how stale we get.

i had a week look at all the factions that have an ownership in Livi FC today. Its as clear as mud and would seem that John Ward & Paul Cullen (whoever he is) have the current majority shareholding according to companies house. 

It's a fine line though, a couple of games ago we were in a good position, after the Motherwell win, and Obileye being injured has probably caused us to lose at least one of our last two games. We draw those 2 games and everything would still be ticking along nicely, the 3 at the back will most likely be solid again once Ayo is back playing.

Apart from St Mirren, and St Johnstone (for different reasons), we're all much of a muchness, and will take pts off one another, think it'll be a couple of months before we need to start getting really worried. Nov is a really tough month of fixtures, 3 away and the only home game against Sevco, but Dec has 4 home games in it, i'd wait till the January break and see where we are, i think by then we'll have a pretty good idea if we're going to be ok or not.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

22 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Just catching the highlights there, that VAR decision for the first goal is hilariously bad. Then with luck/incompetence seemingly on our side, Montano pops up with a stupid and pathetic stamp, what a moron.

I've seen the red card quite a few times now and I can't believe he's done it. Martindale rightly fuming. What's almost as bad as the act itself is that Collum doesn't see it right in front of him? 

On 31/10/2023 at 11:08, Pens_Dark said:

I've seen the red card quite a few times now and I can't believe he's done it. Martindale rightly fuming. What's almost as bad as the act itself is that Collum doesn't see it right in front of him? 

The worst part is Montano claiming he didn't mean it, then Martindale letting him pick his fine to give himself :D