Livingston v Dundee - 28/10/23

16 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah even last season when we were going through one of our worst ever away runs, 8 away defeats without scoring a single goal, we were still getting results at home. Our shite display against Killie will hopefully have the players fired up for this one too.

The odds for Sean Kelly scoring a penalty must be low, that's 3 games running he's scored from one.

16/1 now, down from 20/1 he had in the last 3 :D That's anytime 40/1 first goalscorer

8 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Full of admiration for Martindale and the job he does at Livi. Right hard game, and not somewhere we tend to do well. I think it’ll be a draw but fingers crossed we can go one better. I’d start Pineda up top. Any news on Tiffoney? Mulligan will be back too won’t he?

Mulligan won't be back anytime soon - needs a hernia op.  

We're at home with by the sounds of it a good backing as well.If that can't lift us i don't know what will.Dundee will come down not just to make up the numbers.Would accept a shitfest of a game,as long as we can sneak it.Set plays and free kicks to be defended crucial here after last week.Hopefully the Lions have learned.👊🦁⬆️.

9 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

We're at home with by the sounds of it a good backing as well.If that can't lift us i don't know what will.Dundee will come down not just to make up the numbers.Would accept a shitfest of a game,as long as we can sneak it.Set plays and free kicks to be defended crucial here after last week.Hopefully the Lions have learned.👊🦁⬆️.

Brought in all these giants because we were such a soft touch defending set plays, and half of them are injured. Turns out the much maligned Obileye is our best player for defending set plays too, one of those players that you don't know how good he is till he's not playing.

We've also got a 6ft 7 keeper that doesn't come for high balls very often.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Our Old Firm matches this season have been atrocious but I always factor those out. So until last week I was really pleased with the season so far. That was a terrible performance last week, though, and its caused some insecurity. We'll find out tomorrow if it was just a blip, I hope so.

I'd be happy with Nouble at right wing back tomorrow. I know its a bit daft as its very far from his ideal position but it'd allow Stephen Kelly into the team. We're hoping Stephen Kelly will be at the club slightly longer term so developing him is in our interest. Nouble played a decent chunk of the match last week at right wing back so we know Martindale considers it an option. I don't think he'll do it, though. Mackay will probably come out and there'll be a rejig but not to accommodate Stephen Kelly, more likely Montano will come in. Sean Kelly might be moved to centre mid if Obileye is back in central defence, with De Lucas and Devlin either side of him. I'd like to see the Holt and Shinnie centre mid again but I don't think it'll happen tomorrow. 

I’m not going to make this one I’m afraid.  What I think is sciatica is causing way too much pain in my back, knee and lower leg to sit in the car for the this sort of journey.  Also, no chance I could properly celebrate the deluge of Dundee goals*

*the bit about my pain is sadly genuine.  Unfortunately it’s probably the various painkillers I’m on that are making me believe the last sentence 🤣

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not going to make this one I’m afraid.  What I think is sciatica is causing way too much pain in my back, knee and lower leg to sit in the car for the this sort of journey.  Also, no chance I could properly celebrate the deluge of Dundee goals*

*the bit about my pain is sadly genuine.  Unfortunately it’s probably the various painkillers I’m on that are making me believe the last sentence 🤣

Yep, watching that RC game, we couldn't score in a month of brothels.

On 26/10/2023 at 23:52, ATLIS said:

Must say a lot if Dundee fans are relying on Scott Tiffoney to contribute :D Got a good feeling about this one, Bruce in particular seems to enjoy playing against Dundee and we're a decent side at home lately.

He scored a double, twice, in the same month we appointed Mark McGhee.

I'd say it's a bit of a stretch otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He scored a double, twice, in the same month we appointed Mark McGhee.

I'd say it's a bit of a stretch otherwise.

What I can remember of him being with us was that he was far too lightweight for this league, constantly getting bullied and handled by defenders. He was fast but that was about his only redeeming quality with us. I still feel that we somewhat shafted Partick by swapping him for Penrice.

I liked Scott Tiffoney but he never really recovered from that miss v Hibs when he rounded the keeper and hit the post. It seemed from then he was never in the side and that began his exit to Partick. Getting Penrice in exchange was another stroke of genius by Martindale though

9 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not a doctor! But I have a fair bit of personal experience of sciatica. If you’re not already on it you need to try Gabapentin. The doctors don’t like prescribing it and it maybe doesn’t work for everyone but it’s a miracle drug for me. Doesn’t f**k your head like Diazepam + co-codomal etc. 

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I liked Scott Tiffoney but he never really recovered from that miss v Hibs when he rounded the keeper and hit the post. It seemed from then he was never in the side and that began his exit to Partick. Getting Penrice in exchange was another stroke of genius by Martindale though

Yes; Tiffoney had  lot going for him; an exciting player who could do the unexpected at times (miss against Hibs aside). He often seemed a little light weight though, for our team, but that was several years ago - seemed to get regularly on the score-sheet for Partick in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not a doctor! But I have a fair bit of personal experience of sciatica. If you’re not already on it you need to try Gabapentin. The doctors don’t like prescribing it and it maybe doesn’t work for everyone but it’s a miracle drug for me. Doesn’t f**k your head like Diazepam + co-codomal etc. 

Very much appreciate you taking the time to let me know.  That’s not one of the painkillers I’m on.  I’ve got physio next week to try to find out exactly what’s going on.  I have to admit I’m a bit worried the pain is something to do with my new hip.  I’ll definitely discuss Gabapentin with my GP if this pain continues.  The pain really does dominate your life when it hits you.

Anyway, back to the game.  I think it will be a close game with Dundee just edging a win.

Weird team, don't know what Fin and Lamie have done to get dropped, though I'm not displeased to see Cameron and Sylla in the team. Also Rudden alone up top... our attacking options really are pish.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Weird team, don't know what Fin and Lamie have done to get dropped, though I'm not displeased to see Cameron and Sylla in the team. Also Rudden alone up top... our attacking options really are pish.

One up front is nonsense and dropping Robertson I find bizarre.

It says a lot about our manager - far too negative in his selections and formations.