Livingston v Dundee - 28/10/23

Interested to see how we bounce back from our first real disappointing result of the season. If Obileye still isn't available I'd be tempted for us to try a back 4, but can't see Martindale chucking a system that's made us hard to beat for the most part.

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Penrice  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Montano

MacKay  -  Kelly

Anderson

Highly unlikely that Martindale drops Nouble, and if he does he's 100% getting replaced by Guthrie, but seeing as we lump it to Anderson instead of him anyway I don't see the harm in having MacKay in a more naturally forward position, with the long balls still being aimed at Anderson to play it to Kelly or MacKay, with Montano giving a bit of height if needed. That would require some passes on the ground though, fingers crossed. We've been bringing Guthrie on late but he's too shite to make a difference so hopefully that's when Nouble can remember he's supposed to be good.

Hopefully a good amount of the community tickets are used, can imagine a few parents opting for something else if its cold. No idea if we've sent any up for Dundee to give away, but hopefully a few extra folk get a good day out from them if so (as good as a day out in Livingston can be anyway)

Our attitude towards this game depends a lot on what happens against County tonight.

Win tonight and we've had an extremely encouraging start.  We will go into this game at least 6th and most would probably take a point as a solid result to keep it going.  Defeat would be a shame but not a disaster.

Draw tonight, we stay 10th and unbeaten at home, but with 1 win in 8 and really need to avoid defeat at the weekend.

Lose tonight, it's 1 win in 8, cut adrift in 11th, with the 2 closest clubs highly unlikely to end the season there and must win a tricky away game at the weekend.

First one would be nice for a change and I've got more belief in this side than recent ones, but the last one has happened all too often.

Edited by stu2910

Hopefully that's the cobwebs shaken off after the International break, the second our levels drop and we stop pressing opposition players, we get results like the Killie one. We can't afford so many players not being at their best.

Also hope a decent amount of those kids free tickets that have have been taken up, actually turn up, the energy they give out really helped the players, drowns out the negativity and moaning from some of the older fans too.

It'll have been 3 weeks since i was last at a game, so bursting to get to this one, i'd take any kind of shitfesting hoofball if we take all 3pts too.

I've went in to most seasons in the top flight previously thinking that these types of games are must wins, season defining etc - no matter how early on it is or not. I don't really feel that way this season and it's not from a point of naivety or arrogance, I just think there is a calmness around everything Docherty is trying to do. 

Killie had plenty of set backs throughout last season and still managed to survive, so I think that sort of experience will go a long way for us. 

A win tonight and a point against Livi would be excellent. That's not to say we shouldn't be going to Livi and aiming for a draw, we absolutely should be..

Let's see what tonight brings first.

Upside being the total number of home end tickets 'sold' for this stands at about 5,200. Downside is how many of those free 4,000 tickets actually show up. 

4 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I've went in to most seasons in the top flight previously thinking that these types of games are must wins, season defining etc - no matter how early on it is or not. I don't really feel that way this season and it's not from a point of naivety or arrogance, I just think there is a calmness around everything Docherty is trying to do. 

I'm starting to feel this with Martindale as well, just a general feeling of he knows what he's doing. I've panicked early in a few seasons and we've went on to be fine. We've started this season better or at least as good as the majority of top flight seasons we've had.

Big reaction needed after last weekend. 

Comes as no surprise that Dundee fans want rid of us given that we've beaten them the last three times we've played them, including an embarrassing 4-0 pumping at Dens Park. 

Got to say, this year's lot look less muggish than previous years so should be a tight contest. I'm hoping for a narrow win but my head says it'll be a draw. 

The Dundee mob are quite an antagonistic bunch of c***s, but we've had a lot of joy over them, right back to the end of season relegation game, and before that the semi final win at Easter rd, the season we went on to beat Hibs in the final. Oh and the good old Kachloul banter.  Bless them.

On 25/10/2023 at 20:33, hoobahabba said:

Big reaction needed after last weekend. 

Comes as no surprise that Dundee fans want rid of us given that we've beaten them the last three times we've played them, including an embarrassing 4-0 pumping at Dens Park. 

Got to say, this year's lot look less muggish than previous years so should be a tight contest. I'm hoping for a narrow win but my head says it'll be a draw. 

This has 0-0 written all over it.

We don’t score many but don't concede many either.

Full of admiration for Martindale and the job he does at Livi. Right hard game, and not somewhere we tend to do well. I think it’ll be a draw but fingers crossed we can go one better. I’d start Pineda up top. Any news on Tiffoney? Mulligan will be back too won’t he?

It'll sound like i'm on a wind up but suggest our Dundee friends bring some sun glasses. 

Basically if the sun does break through at 3pm, which is what the Beeb is currently suggesting, then you'll end up looking straight into a low sun for an hour and a half

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Must say a lot if Dundee fans are relying on Scott Tiffoney to contribute :D Got a good feeling about this one, Bruce in particular seems to enjoy playing against Dundee and we're a decent side at home lately.

Yeah even last season when we were going through one of our worst ever away runs, 8 away defeats without scoring a single goal, we were still getting results at home. Our shite display against Killie will hopefully have the players fired up for this one too.

The odds for Sean Kelly scoring a penalty must be low, that's 3 games running he's scored from one.

Gulp.

image.thumb.png.05a81cfee92ef4d0e3f1e27f276641cf.png

Edited by LIVIFOREVER