Scotrail App

TxRover

Has seeming good reviews now, by my particular question is does it require a UK-based address or contact? Seems the easiest way to load a train ticket without having to visit a ticket machine at the station, but from experience some Apps like these require such things.

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Has seeming good reviews now, by my particular question is does it require a UK-based address or contact? Seems the easiest way to load a train ticket without having to visit a ticket machine at the station, but from experience some Apps like these require such things.

As far as I know it just needs a Mastercard or Visa card. Works for most UK rail services but not all, you'll find out when you buy a ticket but the worst that happens is you have to pick up a ticket from a machine at any station that has one.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As far as I know it just needs a Mastercard or Visa card. Works for most UK rail services but not all, you'll find out when you buy a ticket but the worst that happens is you have to pick up a ticket from a machine at any station that has one.

Most routes will offer the mobile ticket option so no need to get the ticket printed in most cases.

8 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Most routes will offer the mobile ticket option so no need to get the ticket printed in most cases.

Aye, the only place I've found so far that doesn't is Merseyrail, I presume there are others.

On 15/11/2023 at 01:35, TxRover said:

The specific requirements for the app may vary, but many transportation apps, including train ticket apps, often don't require a UK-based address for use. However, it's advisable to check the app's terms of service or contact their customer support directly to confirm any specific requirements. Generally, these apps are designed to accommodate users from various locations. If you or someone you know is drowning in coursework, this https://customwriting.com/coursework-service site is a lifesaver. The writers are top-notch, and the quality of work is outstanding. With affordability, reliability, and expert help, coursework becomes more manageable. Don't let stress get the best of you; introduce this service to your academic circle and experience the difference.

The specific requirements for the app may vary, but many transportation apps, including train ticket apps, often don't require a UK-based address for use. However, it's advisable to check the app's terms of service or contact their customer support directly to confirm any specific requirements. Generally, these apps are designed to accommodate users from various locations.

Edited by JessicaLinsley

On 14/11/2023 at 18:10, welshbairn said:

Seems correct, ta, got it done.

On 14/11/2023 at 20:05, TxRover said:

It has been flawless for me in the time I've used it.

The caveat is Scotland's weather due to cancellations, cost me £80 in taxis recently due to storm c**t or other.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It has been flawless for me in the time I've used it.

The caveat is Scotland's weather due to cancellations, cost me £80 in taxis recently due to storm c**t or other.

This particular application will be for a relatively innocuous trip, which will inevitably result in cancelations, delays and heartache. Such is the way of Scotrail.