Aberdeen v Hearts: A Football Match

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Shankland isn't fat. His physique looks a bit weird in an all white kit tbf, but he's not fat. Look at pictures of him against Killie or Rangers in the last couple of games, he's hardly carrying loads of weight.

He is 

His diet / professionalism has cost him ever since he blew it at a properly big team (Aberdeen)

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I always remember Ryan Fraser doing an interview a few years after he left us for Bournemouth. 

Talked about how when he was with us he used to eat dominoes every weekend and now with Bournemouth he was eating right. 

I found it quite astounding, is it not pretty obvious that dominoes isn’t the diet of a professional athlete? Does that require sports science and nutritionists? Is no one at Scottish clubs telling them to get a fuckin grip? 

I recently saw two academy players from my club in the local Asda. Basket full of 2 litre bottles of Coca-Cola and irn bru as well as red bull sugar laden shite. These guys are doing themselves no favours and likely won’t go far in the game if that’s how they fuel their body. It’s utter madness. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought we were quite good 1st half, though Aberdeen were poor. Was a good away performance, kept it pretty tight, scored, looked no bad on the counter. 2nd was so, so bad. Tried to sit in on the lead and failed to change it at all positively despite being second best.

After the equaliser I thought we'd actually weathered the storm after about 20 minutes and it became scrappy but the defending for that winner was fucking appalling. 

Halkett sub was baffling. Chuck Tagawa on and give no support. Kingsley out to RWB. Again we failed to link the midfield and forwards. Naismith has to show he can learn to manage in game sharpish or he's not long for the chop as his subs routinely make us worse.

I know it was Rowles who was pulling a tractor chasing Duk for the winner, but f**k me, Halkett was pulling two in his attempts to get back. 

He looked massively out of shape (understand he’s a big lad & been out for ages, but still). 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

I know it was Rowles who was pulling a tractor chasing Duk for the winner, but f**k me, Halkett was pulling two in his attempts to get back. 

He looked massively out of shape (understand he’s a big lad & been out for ages, but still). 

Halkett has been out for a year and this is first appearance of any sort. I'll absolve him of any blame for the goal as I think it's daft chucking him into a defence that changes shape and offers little protection. 

He's a good player but will need time, it was a bad injury.

He's definitely carrying a bit of timber, he has had it before, he needs to play to get into his best shape.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyone that thinks Shankland is fat is an utter moron. 

He most certainly was overweight while at St Mirren. Not quite at the level of latter years Yardley and Lavety but they even in their late playing careers at St Mirren outperformed Shankland by a country mile. 

Just home from the game and watched the highlights well deserved win but did anybody listen MCCann comments about shankland saying his performance showed what a great all round striker he is absolute shite he scored a good goal and done feck all after that 

Shankland got into a bit of banter with Saints fans at his last game in Paisley. He is certainly very easy to wind up. 
The guy is very talented but he certainly hasn’t reached the heights he should have done had he screwed the nut. 
I guess when you have a head that big you must feel the urge to fill it with food. 

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

He most certainly was overweight while at St Mirren. Not quite at the level of latter years Yardley and Lavety but they even in their late playing careers at St Mirren outperformed Shankland by a country mile. 

Yeah, he absolutely was - but he has been in great shape ever since pitching up at Somerset. 

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

It appears most people who arent Hearts fans fall under your label. 

His head is a freakish size and his brain is the opposite. Thats true as well 

They really don’t. 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

I remember him coming off the bench for us when he was understudy to Adam Rooney and another striker who shall not be named. I couldn’t believe a young striker, training full time, in Scotland youth squads, banging them in for the development team was so out of shape. Incredibly unprofessional.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, he absolutely was - but he has been in great shape ever since pitching up at Somerset. 

They really don’t. 

We will ignore this thread for this to be true.

His huge head , small brain and fat arse are his key characteristics

Is he a relative of yours? You seem very defensive of him

3 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Just home from the game and watched the highlights well deserved win but did anybody listen MCCann comments about shankland saying his performance showed what a great all round striker he is absolute shite he scored a good goal and done feck all after that 

Shankland is a great all round striker. His hold up play is good, he's intelligent and he's obviously a great finisher. 

However, I agree. Goal aside I thought he was poor today. Easily frustrated and certainly not a game I'd single him out in as playing well.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They really don’t. 

When was the last time you saw Shankland in the flesh? He unfortunately seems to be on another “growth” trajectory. It’s sad to see as a Scotland supporter. 

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

We will ignore this thread for this to be true.

His huge head , small brain and fat arse are his key characteristics

Is he a relative of yours? You seem very defensive of him

You are an odd individual. 

Just now, Molotov said:

When was the last time you saw Shankland in the flesh? He unfortunately seems to be on another “growth” trajectory. It’s sad to see as a Scotland supporter. 

Well, unless he has piled on the weight since the Scotland games…

Just now, Molotov said:

2 times in the last 7 days. He's not fat, or close to it.

Weird fixation because he was fat at St Mirren 8 years ago.