Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

A little rematch for the last of the old year, with Raith missing Byrne (and possibly Stanton) and Arbroath missing Bird. Light rain showers and a moderate west breeze in the forecast. Arbroath suddenly looking a bit better and Raith coming off a bizarre Ayr match. I’m going for a 3-2 result.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

A little rematch for the last of the old year, with Raith missing Byrne (and possibly Stanton) and Arbroath missing Bird. Light rain showers and a moderate west breeze in the forecast. Arbroath suddenly looking a bit better and Raith coming off a bizarre Ayr match. I’m going for a 3-2 result.

With Bird out we are extremely light on numbers - he’s a huge player for us too. Expect a comfortable home win and would bite your hand off for a point right now 

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Are you sure Byrne is out for this game Tx ?

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Are you sure Byrne is out for this game Tx ?

Yes.

45 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think it's 7 days after the card. 

41 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thought it was 14 days

The 2023-2024 Rules changed from 14 to 7

Screenshot2023-12-23141725.thumb.png.e2f249d46d9e5163fb7e1366857a9a9d.png

All the SPFL links show the 2022-2023 copy still, which has the old 14 days...this is the SPFL's own 2023-2024 copy.

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Might depend, I think Millen played a match before his ban but I can't remember.

Millen played two non-League matches because the 6 yellow rule applies to the League matches only.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes.

The 2023-2024 Rules changed from 14 to 7

Screenshot2023-12-23141725.thumb.png.e2f249d46d9e5163fb7e1366857a9a9d.png

All the SPFL links show the 2022-2023 copy still, which has the old 14 days...this is the SPFL's own 2023-2024 copy.

Millen played two non-League matches because the 6 yellow rule applies to the League matches only.

Aha that's cleared that up perfectly 

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aha that's cleared that up perfectly 

Yea, I searched earlier in Millen's and got the 2022-2023 version's 14 days...which resulted in confusion on the earlier Arbroath match thread due to a suspension that Tam was pending for them. That's when I found out it changed, quietly, last summer...and found a link to the 2023-2024 version.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Tx, P&B's penicillin.

I could take that badly...given where my doctor likes to inject antibiotics. Think the team would sit Shaun with me for Arbroath so he can explain how the 4-1-3-2 works?

Wonder what effect Ian Murray and  Sam Stanton extending their contract will make to the team!!!                                                                                                                                 They will be on fire!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

1 minute ago, keyser_soze said:

Took one for the team so he play against the pars

There was actually no way a sixth yellow could have put Byrne out for the Pars. A sixth yellow against Arbroath would have had him missing the Airdrie match, because the Pars match isn’t at least 7 days after the sixth yellow…and a yellow against Ayr results in, as we see, a miss vs Arbroath.