Stirling VS Accies

Was thinking exactly the same thing @WattersIsGod. I thought with giving them a designated section of the Stand then ultimately giving them the whole terrace really, I thought this would grow but it's done the opposite and they have now totally disappeared. I have no idea why, but have wondered if the Police or Club had intervened after a few issues.....I don't know, just seems a little odd.

The club certainly do the right things, in getting into the Community, but I wonder if we have the resources to turn that into people attending matches. I thought the offer of Junior Academy Season Tickets was a step in the right direction but can only assume the uptake on that was extremely poor, as that section is empty. 

This thread has gone off topic, but it's good to chat about what has come out in it. 

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Was thinking exactly the same thing @WattersIsGod. I thought with giving them a designated section of the Stand then ultimately giving them the whole terrace really, I thought this would grow but it's done the opposite and they have now totally disappeared. I have no idea why, but have wondered if the Police or Club had intervened after a few issues.....I don't know, just seems a little odd.

The club certainly do the right things, in getting into the Community, but I wonder if we have the resources to turn that into people attending matches. I thought the offer of Junior Academy Season Tickets was a step in the right direction but can only assume the uptake on that was extremely poor, as that section is empty. 

This thread has gone off topic, but it's good to chat about what has come out in it. 

Seems like people showing up for the games where trouble may occur, (Falkirk and Alloa). Similar to the recent trouble in Fife. People who dont actually care for the club and just want trouble.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I was speaking to one of the stewards who said there are just a handful of troublemakers and the rest tag along. The club have warned them about setting off flares but they still did it and the club get fined for the pyros (not sure if true). Anyway, hate to say it but the Falkirk Ultras really improve their atmosphere. Even Spartans have embraced the Ultras culture and made them part of the club.

It would be good to have someone to mentor these young lads as I know some of them haven't had the best start in life. Some of them are genuine fans as you can see this when we score (not often) but they also also look for trouble after the games.  Unfortunately we lose more than we win at the moment so not much to lure them back with.

Edited by SA45

I'd agree. I liked the terracing when they were there. It was a decent enough atmosphere.

Can't say I'm feeling confident about tomorrow. We came into the last home game with Hamilton in much better form and were still lucky not to be blown away before half time.  

The second half performance that day was probably the best we played all season.

We will need something like that to take anything tomorrow.

On 04/01/2024 at 20:27, Bigbrbairn said:

When i worked in Glasgow i was asked who do you support Celtic or Rangers. I said Falkirk. Next question was but you must prefer one over the other and i said no i hate them both equally. They could not believe that!

That's such a ridiculous question I can believe someone would ask that.

Spoiler

Everyone knows it's Rangers.

Edited by gannonball

54 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That's such a ridiculous question I can believe someone would ask that.

Hide contents

Everyone knows it's Rangers.

Great work proving the point we have been making. OF are beyond parody!!!

9 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Great work proving the point we have been making. OF are beyond parody!!!

I wasn't being serious ffs I was jokingly referring to an old stereotype about Falkirk having lived near there which isn't really true these days tbh.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I wasn't being serious ffs I was jokingly referring to an old stereotype about Falkirk having lived near there which isn't really true these days tbh.

Aye i got the intent but its the standard cliche OF "I was only joking" response while keeping this crap going. Like all the OF fans that use the ....... are my wee team patter, its patronising and no ones interested. 

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Is that the old stereotype that Celtic fans think we're all mini **** or the old stereotype that rangers fans think we're all mini ****s 

Never seen two clubs who hate each other but are so similar 😂

Edited by Senor Bairn

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Is that the old stereotype that Celtic fans think we're all mini **** or the old stereotype that rangers fans think we're all mini Tim's? 

Exactly!! No point trying to talk sense to them though

Edited by Beckford

25 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Aye i got the intent but its the standard cliche OF "I was only joking" response while keeping this crap going. Like all the OF fans that use the ....... are my wee team patter, its patronising and no ones interested. 

Well no I put it in as a spoiler which obviously shown I was at it, not my fault it was total woosh for you.

23 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Is that the old stereotype that Celtic fans think we're all mini **** or the old stereotype that rangers fans think we're all mini ****s 

Nah I think you know it goes further back than to the old mining town types around the area that many traditionally followed two teams. I was told this from a Falkirk fan. Not really relevant to today though.

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Well no I put it in as a spoiler which obviously shown I was at it, not my fault it was total woosh for you.

Nah I think you know it goes further back than to the old mining town types around the area that many traditionally followed two teams. I was told this from a Falkirk fan. Not really relevant to today though.

I wouldn't know.  Because it a lot of shite. My family come from one of these old mining villages that's your on about. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah I think you know it goes further back than to the old mining town types around the area that many traditionally followed two teams. I was told this from a Falkirk fan.

Again I got the intent, still had to clarify that a) its piss poor patter and b) even if said as a "joke" it perpetuates the garbage that infects all football discussion and we are really bored by it. Its not non OF fans that fail to understand this.