Livi v Raith

Can't make this one due to other commitments but will keep an eye on the score. A few weeks ago I would have been very positive about us beating Livi but since winning at Dundee Utd we have been pretty poor. Hopefully Dylan Corr starts again, would do his confidence a world of good, not sure if any of our injured players will be back in time for this one.

I'm not as confident now as I was a couple of weeks ago for this.  However, the break from league duty is probably coming at just the right time for us given recent form.  Also, despite Livingston's own dodgy form, they're still at home to a team from a lower level so should be considered favourites.  Being the (admittedly only slight) underdog might also help take some pressure off of us.

I'm not even going to attempt to predict a line up for this (largely because I hope we bring in some new players before then) as I've no idea on the fitness of Murray, Watson and Matthews.

Looking forward to my first visit to the ground since I was at Uni (graduated in '01 so it's been a while) and taking the wee man for his first ever visit.  Atmosphere has generally been better at away games too so hopefully a good day out overall.  

Hopefully Murray and Dabrowski are back for this one not sure on Millen but assume it was at least a 2 match ban.  I'd go back to the 4231.

Dabrowski

McGill  Corr  Murray  Dick

Brown  Byrne

Connolly  Turner  Gullan

Hamilton

20 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Can't make this one due to other commitments but will keep an eye on the score. A few weeks ago I would have been very positive about us beating Livi but since winning at Dundee Utd we have been pretty poor. Hopefully Dylan Corr starts again, would do his confidence a world of good, not sure if any of our injured players will be back in time for this one.

Would've had Raith as stick on favourites to go through to the next round, we were absolutely shocking in defence and attack, showing no desire at all in games. After Martindale had a go at the players after the Motherwell shitshow, we got a lot better performance from them against Hearts in our last match, and new signing Yengi* looked promising. Feeling a bit more positive but our defence still looks ropey, and i think Raith are in with a good chance of winning.

*Just hope he's ok to play on Saturday, rolled his ankle in a game on the winter break in Turkey.

Going along to this with the wee man. If nothing else, it’s another ground ticked off for us.

Not going to make any predictions but I’m glad it’s a free hit of sorts. Hopefully proves a positive circuit breaker for the league form & perhaps even a chance to rotate one or two who are clearly needing it.

14 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

Hopefully Murray and Dabrowski are back for this one not sure on Millen but assume it was at least a 2 match ban.

Everything suggests it was an A5 red for conduct/language, which is just one match immediate, so he should be back…but the SFA is two and a half months behind with suspension reports, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Murray said in the QP post match that Millen will be “back next week”. 

Of course he may have mis-spoken and what he meant was ‘next league game’ but Murray seems to be quite considered when he’s being interviewed so I’m pretty confident he’ll be available for this one. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I hope we've got either Murray or Watson available for this because we're going to need a bit of physical presence up against Nouble. 

He's not the Nouble you remember. Guthrie is more of a handful for defenders, and new signing Yengi is a big fella, same height as Nouble. For all the giants we have, we're shite scoring from set pieces.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

For all the plaudits Nouble was getting from Arbroath fans when he was there on loan he was largely kept quiet in games against them. No idea how this game will go, a free hit for us in all honesty. Hopefully have a couple of players back. Definitely a winnable game for us though.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Everything suggests it was an A5 red for conduct/language, which is just one match immediate, so he should be back…but the SFA is two and a half months behind with suspension reports, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye just seen Murrays interview from weekend.  Looks like hes back which is a big plus for us if thats the case.

Getting my tickets today, just hope it's on, been frosty all week* and snow forecast today into tomorrow. Might not get the all weather pitch chat from Raith fans right enough, but there'll no doubt be randoms coming on this thread to mention it.

* Overnight temps meant to pick up from thurs onwards so that's promising.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

23 minutes ago, Starksdynamo said:

Thinking of heading along, any good pubs en route to the ground?

Livingston is pretty shite for good pubs, they're mostly all rough as f**k, or chains. Saltire next to Livi North train station, Livi Inn in Livingston village (10 min walk from the ground), are the best ones.

There's a pub just up from the ground, has changed names a few times (sounds familiar) and i haven't been in it for years, so no idea what it's like, and some in the shopping centre. Or the club bar* and Almondvale suite in the ground.

*meant to be for home fans only, but doubt anyone would bother.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Livingston is pretty shite for good pubs, they're mostly all rough as f**k, or chains. Saltire next to Livi North train station, Livi Inn in Livingston village (10 min walk from the ground), are the best ones.

There's a pub just up from the ground, has changed names a few times (sounds familiar) and i haven't been in it for years, so no idea what it's like, and some in the shopping centre. Or the club bar* and Almondvale suite in the ground.

*meant to be for home fans only, but doubt anyone would bother.

Away fans will be welcomed in the Almondvale Suite at the ground.👍.

1 hour ago, Starksdynamo said:

Thinking of heading along, any good pubs en route to the ground?

As LF says, Livi is shite for pubs. If you're rolling into Livi North then the Saltire is more or less next door, half decent pub grub in there as well. Only other one I can think that wasn't mentioned was the Paraffin Lamp inside the shopping centre, bit of a bizarre experience stepping out pub doors and being inside a shopping centre but you can grab something from Greggs to munch on the way to the ground if that's your thing. The Stadium Bar is decent enough but quite small and gets a bit claustrophobic close to kick off, "home fans only" but as long as you're not flashing your Raith top/scarf you should be fine, and even then I've seen plenty Aberdeen and Killie scarves on display, probably depends how full it is if they send you round to the Almondvale Suite instead.

For the game, we're not favourites for this. Even considering Raith's more recent form; we've been genuinely terrible this season and are coming into this without playing for a few weeks. We usually have a bit of a slow start after a break so I'm not really looking forward to this at all. Unfortunately Martindale seems to be sticking with his 3-4-2-1 (and other wee variations) based on him using it for our friendly vs Winterthur where after a fairly bright start, we inevitably ended up looking shite and losing.

Hamilton

Donnellan  -  Nottingham  -  Obileye

MacKay  -  Holt  -  Pittman  -  Penrice

Yengi  -  Kelly

Anderson

Honestly trying to write out an 'ideal' line up for us is just painful, there's no defence that doesn't concede and it's difficult to see us creating a load of chances. Think I enjoyed the lack of Livi games a bit more than I should have.

Edited by LiviLion

Looks like over 1,000 away tickets sold so far which is encouraging given our recent form.  Would expect somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 to be there on the day. 

Just now, AllanJM said:

Looks like over 1,000 away tickets sold so far which is encouraging given our recent form.  Would expect somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 to be there on the day. 

Another thing I was going to mention, it's usually a good laugh when away fans come out with "mOrE aWaY tHaN hOmE FaNs" but I genuinely think it will be the case for this one; and that was before I saw those numbers. Should be good fun.

Just now, LiviLion said:

Another thing I was going to mention, it's usually a good laugh when away fans come out with "mOrE aWaY tHaN hOmE FaNs" but I genuinely think it will be the case for this one; and that was before I saw those numbers. Should be good fun.

Looks like a decent chance of it to be fair....

Away end:

image.thumb.png.3cf1b5c8550c6e3caa9ac701c6e08675.png

Home end:

image.thumb.png.3ce56e9360814616a780ed2f1ceb520a.png