Driving in Germany

Dunfermline Don

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm hoping nobody on here was involved in the smash near Weeze? 

Did you hear about a pile up on the autobahn north of Munich early evening yeaterday? About 6 fire engines blasted past the bar I was in, horns blaring, and the locals I was with thought that would be the reason. Was hoping it wasn't Scots unused to the roads involved. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Did you hear about a pile up on the autobahn north of Munich early evening yeaterday? About 6 fire engines blasted past the bar I was in, horns blaring, and the locals I was with thought that would be the reason. Was hoping it wasn't Scots unused to the roads involved. 

No sorry I had no idea I've literally just touched down from Spain all week.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The green and red men symbols in Berlin are good. You can even buy T Shirts and other merchandise with them on it.

In Berlin, following unification they merged the best ideas from the East and West. Very few things were adopted from the East, but the podgy men on the pedestrian crossings were retained. The former East Germans are proud of amplemann and see it as a giruy to the West.