Yellow Submarine vs. The Doc's Dark Blues, Saturday 27th January

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Well done to Dundee for taking advantage of an absolute shambles of a defensive display. They looked very competent at the back again and  McCowan is a great player, even he's an idiot for his red card and part in the first penalty. 

I was absolutely seething that Dodgson didn't get a second yellow for giving away the penalty. We should have been playing against 9 men but don't even t8hink it would have mattered after seeing the clusterfucks that were the third and fourth goals. 

If there's any game that should be pointed to as a reason for getting VAR to f**k, it would be this one. Made for a terrible viewing experience in what would have otherwise been a very entertaining game. 

You shouldn't have been playing against 9 men -  it was never awarded meaning it's a frigment of your imagination. Seek some help.

Amazing what happens when all legitimate goals are awarded in a match.

Enjoy the Championship.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

I’m not really sure that’s how that works. I’d imagine part of the discussion with the ref is if he’s 100% confident it’s a foul, and if so it becomes an objective fact whether it’s inside the box or not and therefore no need to go to the monitor. 

Exposes another flaw of VAR where the bar for a penalty is realistically higher, even if not in the law, so that may be a foul elsewhere but definitely shouldn’t be a penalty. 

I can’t see how that can be the case. 

Let’s say it’s a perfectly legitimate challenge for the ball just inside the box, but the referee gives a free kick on the edge. VAR can objectively say that the challenge was in the box, but then must surely be able to advise that the defender got the ball. 

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

You shouldn't have been playing against 9 men -  it was never awarded meaning it's a frigment of your imagination. Seek some help.

Amazing what happens when all legitimate goals are awarded in a match.

Enjoy the Championship.

Thank you.

Not sure what this gimmick is but enjoy your win.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I can’t see how that can be the case. 

Let’s say it’s a perfectly legitimate challenge for the ball just inside the box, but the referee gives a free kick on the edge. VAR can objectively say that the challenge was in the box, but then must surely be able to advise that the defender got the ball. 

Yeh that sounds right. I honestly don’t know, but it’s the only reason I can think of that he’s not been called to the monitor. He’s not made a “clear and obvious” error with the giving of the foul, just the location of it. Honestly who knows at this point. Another advert for VAR sucking the soul of our game away. 

Just now, Netan Sansara said:

Yeh that sounds right. I honestly don’t know, but it’s the only reason I can think of that he’s not been called to the monitor. He’s not made a “clear and obvious” error with the giving of the foul, just the location of it. Honestly who knows at this point. Another advert for VAR sucking the soul of our game away. 

Wouldn’t this simply be a case of VAR disagreeing with a free kick award then? Game not to be ref’d twice I thought.

Just now, Lifelongdee said:

not going to be to harsh on mccowan today every player entitled to a bad day Mon the Dees

McCowan was very good today, just made a couple of stupid mistakes on the fouls.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hate to break it to you but Bakayoko didn't score in the game, it wasn't given, it was a non goal, didn't happen, ceased to be, was notched off, figment of your imagination, it didn't happen.

Montano got red carded in the 70th min when the game was at 0-0, you scored your first goal in 82nd min, for the love of god, let it rest and go seek some professional help. 

image.png.8a29af27eac7c57e08c984963237d5da.png

I’m sure we can all agree Bakayoko scored a cracking goal today.

I've been watching live football for almost 60 years now but VAR is now sucking any enjoyment out of the whole process.

Sure, before we had wrong decisions and honest mistakes but it had spontaneity and entertainment value. Fans could celebrate a goal without worrying is some little individual in a room miles away could take it away from then., but most of all there wouldn't be those gawd awful pauses while people wonder what on earth is going on.