East Fife v Spartans Tue 30/1

East Fife weclome Spartans to Bayview for their first ever visit in the League.

I attended the fixture earlier in the season at Ainslie Park. Spartans are  a strong  well organised team  with plenty   of pace going forward. We did well that day to  salvage a draw after going  2-0  down.

Spartans are eight points ahead  of us in table sitting 4th and we must win to have any chance of catching them.  Spartans have two  games in hand but we still have to face  each other another 2 times after Tuesday. Hopefully  we can continue our unbeaten five game run start to 2024.

Was  encouraging to see a few guys return  from injury on Saturday. I would like to see Docherty return at the expense of Newton. We will line up something like:

-Fleming-

-Docherty-McManus-Easton-Murdoch-

-Trouten-Millar-Walls-

-Shepherd-        -Austin-        -Healy-

Well beaten tonight. Despite going on level at half-time we were chasing shadows for much of the half after a bright start. 

Blair Henderson took his goals well, you can't give a goal scorer like that the space and service.

Too many East Fife players just aren't good enough and as for the tactics...what tactics ! they look lost half the time.

Well that was very,very poor tonight. The Spartans never needed to get out of second gear all night, and after the first went in, the result was never in doubt. There was once again no plan B never mind plan C. Lose on Saturday and it is squeaky bum time. After the recent chain of results, I thought we had turned the corner. But no way, shite, shite and even more shite. Thank  f**k I can watch the rugby on Saturday and not get irritated and wound up about EF, although I fear I will be watching both games.