Mathematical Milestones 2023/24

I suppose with the postponement of Dundee v 'Rangers' this evening (no giggling at the back please), we can move on to the weekend. 

Hearts will face Albert Kidd day if they fail to beat Livingston. Victory at Tynecastle will not be enough if Celtic beat St Mirren or 'Rangers' beat Ross County. A victory would still mean a chance of a Top 2 finish for the Jambos. They can also seal a Top 4 finish by matching St Mirrens result, this would mean St Mirren being unable to finish higher than 4th. 

Dundee can clinch Top 6 football, with a win at Pittodrie, a point would be enough when coupled with anything other than a Hibs win over Motherwell. 

A point for Hibs against Motherwell would keep Top 6 ambitions going if Dundee lose at Pittodrie. A win for Hibs will keep them in the hunt as long as Dundee don't win in the Granite City

Motherwell will avoid 12th place with a point, or if Livi fail to beat Hearts, they must beat Hibs and hope Dundee lose at Pittodrie to keep Top 6 hopes alive. 

Aberdeen will avoid 12th if they match Livi's result. 

St Johnstone can also ensure they avoid the automatic relegation spot if they beat Killie and Livinsgton lose at Hearts. 

All that means that Livingston could be consigned to the bottom 2 by the end of the weekend. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee confirmed in the top 6.

Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen can't finish bottom.

Ffs. Give me a chance to update the thread. 

Oops, I see its a Dundee top 6 w**k

Also, the weekend isn't over

Edited by 10menwent2mow

7 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

This is not a thread for points scoring, it's a thread for facts. 

On your way

Those were facts though!! Dundee being top 6 and Aberdeen can't finish bottom.

😉

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Heads up for @VincentGuerincan you have your illustrations ready for when @10menwent2mowtells us tomorrow that 

St Mirren can no longer catch Hearts 

hearts can no longer catch Celtic

everybody else ignore this post because the weekend’s not over yet

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Heads up for @VincentGuerincan you have your illustrations ready for when @10menwent2mowtells us tomorrow that 

St Mirren can no longer catch Hearts 

hearts can no longer catch Celtic

everybody else ignore this post because the weekend’s not over yet

I do get precious about it at this time of year

Posted (edited)

As of the weekend. 

Hearts can no longer win the title although they can still finish Top 2. Hearts have also clinched European football as 4th is the worst they can finish. 

Dundee have completed the make up of the Top 6 meaning Hibs and Motherwell will play in the bottom half. 

Motherwell and Aberdeen can no longer finish 12th meaning Livi can finish no higher than 10th. 

Moving on to midweek. 

The Dundee v 'Rangers' game is a dead rubber for the purposes of this thread. No new updates until the post-split fixtures are produced. 

Over to you @VincentGuerin

Edited by 10menwent2mow

On 13/04/2024 at 21:08, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought I told you to ignore my post

A bit like Clement saying there were no excuses for yesterday's result and then blaming the Dundee debacle as a telling factor.

But ignore this post as well.

Edited by kingjoey

Dundee have completed the make up of the Top 6

image.jpeg.f662141db2461a8ff5e6860e1c737e62.jpeg

What a great Home and Away record.

meaning Hibs

image.jpeg.edd7d161954599e00d525fd656a70cde.jpeg

The Wrong Mans? Aye, Hibs have signed plenty of them.

and Motherwell will play in the bottom half. 

image.jpeg.131a8dfc109df942dc598a69dada9035.jpeg

And these fucking losers wanted MY money!

3 hours ago, KTID1869_ said:

Killie can secure European football in the first game post split if they win and Dundee lose. Also providing Aberdeen are knocked out the SC on Saturday.

Ffs. Do you understand this thread. 

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

@10menwent2mowis gonna nuke the thread if this continues. 

But it would probably have to continue for more than a week before he does that

So you're hypothesising about things that can happen for a while and aren't mathematically certain anyway

He's not going to like that, not one bit

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Now that the Post Split fixtures are confirmed, we can look ahead to Matchday 34 for the bottom 6 at least, where its all a wee bit meh. 

County will be unable to finish higher than 8th if they lose to Livi and both Hibs and Motherwell win, this would be due to the fact that to catch Hibs they would need them to lose to Motherwell which would give the Steelmen 43 points, an unattainable goal for the Staggies should they lose at the Spaghettihad. 

Most importantly. Livingston will be relegated with a defeat against County. A draw will confirm that they will finish in the bottom 2, even a victory will not be enough to avoid the playoff if St Johnstone beat Hibs. 

Top 6 update to come after tomorrow's match.