Hibs v Celtic

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Never seen this game live, so watching Sportscene. Where are the Hibs fans getting they were robbed from?

The two Celtic penalties were stonewallers and the Boyle claim is a dive.

I get being pissed off as on the balance of play no chance Hibs should've lost it, but the big decisions were correct. In terms of the Celtic two they aren't even debatable. 

The first penalty I can accept, the Boyle dive gets given if its a Celtic player but it was a Hibs player so fair enough, the final penalty though you'll need to explain to me why that's a stonewaller. I'm not particularly clued up on the rules so it's a genuine question. 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Never seen this game live, so watching Sportscene. Where are the Hibs fans getting they were robbed from?

The two Celtic penalties were stonewallers and the Boyle claim is a dive.

I get being pissed off as on the balance of play no chance Hibs should've lost it, but the big decisions were correct. In terms of the Celtic two they aren't even debatable. 

It can only be a stonewaller if it’s inside the box, which it wasn’t 

Just now, Chefki Kuqi said:

The first penalty I can accept, the Boyle dive gets given if its a Celtic player but it was a Hibs player so fair enough, the final penalty though you'll need to explain to me why that's a stonewaller. I'm not particularly clued up on the rules so it's a genuine question. 

Because he's wiped him out and it was inside the box.

37 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

We were denied a pen against St. Mirren last week because our player never fell over. You always here that players have the right to go down when there’s contact and that’s what Boyle has done. 

Problem with Boyle is he dives every single game and refs must be getting wise to him.

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

It can only be a stonewaller if it’s inside the box, which it wasn’t 

The shot may not have been in the box but the challenge was that late it was definitely in the box. I get why Hibs fans are frustrated but none of the decisions are contentious. Both penalties however were quite avoidable and Boyle could have scored had he not dived so obviously so I would be looking closer to home really.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Anyway we were shite. Out past 3 games we have gained points from 2 heavily deflected shots and 2 penalties. We are terrible right now and very lucky to have 7 points from 9.

You can thank the match officials for that more than anything.

5 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Problem with Boyle is he dives every single game and refs must be getting wise to him.

The way he dives is horrendously dramatic as well, VAR was never going to be kind to him and basically has nullified his game a fair bit.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

You can thank the match officials for that more than anything.

For what exactly? They were two pretty silly ones to give away really. 

15 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Really?

He's absolutely wiped him out after he's played the ball.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The way he dives is horrendously dramatic as well, VAR was never going to be kind to him and basically has nullified his game a fair bit.

For what exactly? They were two pretty silly ones to give away really. 

Boyle's was a clear penalty.  Ignored.  Celtc get away with it and the decisions as always.  They have all season. 

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Boyle's was a clear penalty.  Ignored.  Celtc get away with it and the decisions as always.  They have all season. 

When literally every other fan base on here is telling you it's a dive ffs, take the cabbage specs off man.

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

When literally every other fan base on here is telling you it's a dive ffs, take the cabbage specs off man.

How can it be a dive when he's limping with an icepack on it after the game?  You are telling me there was no contact?  If you are you are deluded mate. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You can't just wipe someone out because the shot is away.

Actually agree.  I have no complaints with the foul being given, unsure if it's in the box though. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

How can it be a dive when he's limping with an icepack on it after the game?  You are telling me there was no contact?  If you are you are deluded mate. 

Because he is the Nicholas rossi of Scottish football. Yes there may have been contact but just  because there is contact doesn't automatically mean a foul. Unfortunately for him the defender pulls out the challenge just as he decides to brace for it so is made to look silly as he dives way too late. Stupid thing to do these days especially with VAR but the ref saw right through him anyway.

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He was booked after 62 minutes and stayed on until the end of the game.  As discussed previously, contact doesn't necessarily mean a penalty.  I sympathise to an extent as players from certain clubs have 'won' penalties in similar circumstances.