Livi Lions maul the Stags - Game of the Year

2 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Goes without saying, but that’s a huge win for us.

Really poor from whoever it was in the Livi end who broke a seat and chucked it at a steward, which hit him in the head.

If someone in our end did that they should be banned from football and some greater legal repercussions.

11 minutes ago, crispy said:

If someone in our end did that they should be banned from football and some greater legal repercussions.

100%. Some throw though, square in the coupon. 

Not celebrated a goal like that since…… Josh Sims last scored for us……

19 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

What (if anything) would you say we deserved based on the 90-100 minutes performance?

It was great to see Brophy on form in the first half, that 2nd goal was special! I was well happy at half time. Yet, considering Livi are bottom, County are at home, that 2nd half wasn't great at all in my mind. From the very start of the 2nd half, it was Livi doing the attacking & pressing. When they equalised I had the fear Livi would get a winner. 

I haven't celebrated a goal like Simms since the play off final!

The fact Brophy had to be subbed (fitness?) and White has been off form for quite a while now. White also looked slow. I can't get too enthusiastic yet about a last min win against the team at the bottom of the league.

How many clear cut chances did County create in that 2nd half? While it's great to get a win, hope that it builds confidence in the team. Let's see how they do against St. Mirren on Tuesday night. 

Perhaps a draw would have been a fairer result, yet Livi knew a point wasn't good enough for them, so left spaces at the back IMO.

It's been a while since it felt like County were at it and although  it wasn't great quality it certainly  had heart today.  Pleased for Don Cowie and hopefully he builds on that. Some really good performances today and obviously the main plaudits will go to Brophy, however, I think it's worth mentioning that Sheaf was excellent too. 

Sonam is right that the 2nd half was pretty poor, but honestly? Coming back from that 2nd half to score the winner was fantastic, we'd have not done than 3 weeks ago. Mind you, we'd also not have had a 2 goal lead to throw away 3 weeks ago. Playing pish & yet still coming back to win is the sort of thing that is the difference between staying up or getting relegated. Certainly very happy Cowie has his first wing, & hopefully we can build from that now. Getting some confidence in the squad.

For me, if I can't get enthusiastic for an injury time win over the time closest to us in the league then I'd stop watching football because clearly it could give me no joy.

That must be the tallest team we’ve had at Victoria Park, absolute giants the lot of them. Corners and set pieces were a worry.  Maybe they should game up basketball.  Whilst not tall, that lad Jamie Brandon is a very handy player, I’d have him any day of the week.

First half Sangare dummying the ball didn't help, but Brophy took full advantage of it and stuck it away well. Marking for the 2nd was piss poor too, leaving Brophy unmarked down the wing, we were chasing after the ball as County played it across the pitch, nobody seemed switched on to pick up unmarked players to cut out passing options, again well stuck away.

2nd half the introduction of Bruce and MacKay helped wake us up and we started getting it down the wings better, 2 well driven shots by Bruce to get us back level. Was thinking nah, we can't do it again and get a winner here.......................arghhhhh, County go and kick us right in the nuts with that goal. I'd have been floating back down the road on air if we'd taken 3pts, relieved even if we got the draw after that shitshow in the 1st half, but it was gutting heading home being back to 6pts behind County again. Ah well at least Scotland beat England in the egg chasing, listened to the game on the way home. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Goes without saying, but that’s a huge win for us.

Really poor from whoever it was in the Livi end who broke a seat and chucked it at a steward, which hit him in the head.

When was that?

Some of our fans were giving the stewards dogs abuse at HT when they stood in front of disabled fans at the edge of the pitch blocking them from seeing the last few mins of the half, went ott with the swearing at them tbh, but didn't see anything being chucked at them. I went for a piss when you scored the 3rd goal, then headed back to my car, and hadn't seen anything up till then. Hope the culprit gets caught and dealt with, some of the abuse was embarrassing, but chucking stuff is way out of order.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

When was that?

Some of our fans were giving the stewards dogs abuse at HT when they stood in front of disabled fans at the edge of the pitch blocking them from seeing the last few mins of the half, went ott with the swearing at them tbh, but didn't see anything being chucked at them. I went for a piss when you scored the 3rd goal, then headed back to my car, and hadn't seen anything up till then. Hope the culprit gets caught and dealt with, some of the abuse was embarrassing, but chucking stuff is way out of order.

Just after equaliser. Came from the section of ‘ultras’ or whatever they call themselves… 

Can anyone explain to my why the Livi first goal, straight after ht, WASN'T ruled out for offside on Obileye. Who literally had to jump over the shot before it went past Wickens. If he's not interfering with play, then why did he have to jump over the ball, thus clearly in the eyeline of the keeper.

VAR paused the kick off after the goal to look at this but gave the goal, i can't understand why.

27 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Can anyone explain to my why the Livi first goal, straight after ht, WASN'T ruled out for offside on Obileye. Who literally had to jump over the shot before it went past Wickens. If he's not interfering with play, then why did he have to jump over the ball, thus clearly in the eyeline of the keeper.

VAR paused the kick off after the goal to look at this but gave the goal, i can't understand why.

Yeah they took a while for both our goals, the 2nd one for offside on Bruce, but was clearly on. Looking at it when Bruce came in to shoot the County player is more blocking his view, but i think he still sees the ball through his legs, i don't actually think Obileye impedes him seeing the shot coming, or makes him hesitate to think he's going to be involved in changing the ball's direction, by the height he jumps getting out its way.

image.png.010900a70f5f417a98730753d9e13ab5.png

5 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Just after equaliser. Came from the section of ‘ultras’ or whatever they call themselves… 

Ohright, never saw it, only saw some kids running down to try a pitch invasion, but were stopped by the barrier and stewards.  Think it was the equaliser they chucked a smoke bomb on too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER