Artificial pitch vote

29 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

This is all because Brendan Rodgers says he doesn't like artificial turf. Also the St Mirren manager "hates them with a passion" but doesn't explain why. 

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Catastrophic display on this matter from the Paisley Luddites.

Come on lads, speak up, why must they go? Was it because Uncle Brendan told you they had to?

The latest in a long line of non-arguments - according to Goodwin's Law (sic) you lose.

6 hours ago, btb said:

No unfair advantage. We beat you on plastic, we beat you on your own grass.   Of course we all want to have a pristine grass pitch and we will but to put a ban in place restricts ambition in the Championship. That is wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What have you the idea that St Mirren would side with Celtic ?

I’m old enough to remember the St Mirren and Celtic players and fans celebrating together on the Love Street terraces on the day of Hearts Dens capitulation in the 80’s 😉.

I was at that game and you're talking pish.  We had nothing to play for and Dundee needed a win to qualify for Europe, something that get's forgotten in the re-telling of that day. 

I was standing on the Northbank and there weren't any Saints fans celebrating getting humped.  Quite the opposite.

I genuinely didn't care too much about this but given the total heid's gone rattle oot the pram from Falkirk fans (Falkirk FFS!) I hope the ban passes.

Get it right up ye's.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I was at that game and you're talking pish.  We had nothing to play for and Dundee needed a win to qualify for Europe, something that get's forgotten in the re-telling of that day. 

I was standing on the Northbank and there weren't any Saints fans celebrating getting humped.  Quite the opposite.

I genuinely didn't care too much about this but given the total heid's gone rattle oot the pram from Falkirk fans (Falkirk FFS!) I hope the ban passes.

Get it right up ye's.

Bull-Shite. You stood together as one much like you did years later when you opened a Celtic store inside your stadium !!

My heads not gone, far from it. I’m looking forward to next season more so than I’ve looked forward to a season in a while.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Bull-Shite. You stood together as one much like you did years later when you opened a Celtic store inside your stadium !!

Were you at the game caller? 

2 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

No unfair advantage. We beat you on plastic, we beat you on your own grass.   Of course we all want to have a pristine grass pitch and we will but to put a ban in place restricts ambition in the Championship.  That is wrong. 

That's not my gripe from my initial post I've been plain there is an element of self interest in my POV. What amused me was the Falkirk fans feigned amazement that there could be a playing advantage to having these pitches, their absolute denial that there was any self-interest in their POV and to top it off the Celtic Clubshop jibe🫠.

1 minute ago, btb said:

That's not my gripe from my initial post I've been plain there is an element of self interest in my POV. What amused me was the Falkirk fans feigned amazement that there could be a playing advantage to having these pitches, their absolute denial that there was any self-interest in their POV and to top it off the Celtic Clubshop jibe🫠.

Plenty studies shown on this very thread earlier today disprove you there. Try again.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Voting to ban artificial pitches is just another way for some clubs to try to pull up the ladder. “I’m alright, Jack” Tory attitude. The community and social benefits these pitches have brought are of no consideration to these clubs.

The detrimental impact to our climate as a result of artificial pitches is why teams like Dundee had so many postponements this year. 

Thank you! 

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No bother chief. You did have a Celtic shop in your stadium though.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

This has been done to death. But this is my recollection as a fan and a shareholder.

Our stadium was rented out for three football matches in summer 2015. Den Bosch,  Dukla Prague and Real Sociedad were the three teams Celtic played on grass at our stadium.

Around £200,000 was banked by Saints as we tried to cope with relegation from Scottish football’s top flight the previous season.

Celtic used a location in the stadium to sell their merchandise.

Celtic had not received approval to put a “Celtic Football Club” sign outside our ground.

It was removed very quickly after that photo was taken after St Mirren officials pointed out the error.

That’s why that photo is never shown with any fans in attendance.

In the same way Hampden and a three sided council owned stadium in Grangemouth are rented out for concerts with branding reflecting the relevant artists or sponsors. 

Whisper it but I think there were Celtic logos and sponsors advertising in the ground too including the dugouts.

“St Mirren die-hard David MacDonald, who runs the popular Black and White Army fans’ website, told the Paisley Daily Express: “I was raging when I first saw this.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748.amp

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

This has been done to death. But this is my recollection as a fan and a shareholder.

Our stadium was rented out for three football matches in summer 2015. Den Bosch,  Dukla Prague and Real Sociedad were the three teams Celtic played on grass at our stadium.

Around £200,000 was banked by Saints as we tried to cope with relegation from Scottish football’s top flight the previous season.

Celtic had not received approval to put a “Celtic Football Club” sign outside our ground.

It was removed very quickly after that photo was taken after St Mirren officials pointed out the error.

In the same way Hampden and a three sided council owned stadium in Grangemouth are rented out for concerts with branding reflecting the relevant artists or sponsors. 

Whisper it but I think there were Celtic logos and sponsors advertising in the ground too including the dugouts.

“St Mirren die-hard David MacDonald, who runs the popular Black and White Army fans’ website, told the Paisley Daily Express: “I was raging when I first saw this.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748.amp

My recollection is you had a Celtic shop at your stadium.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

My recollection is you had a Celtic shop at your stadium.

What did you buy?

Celtic as part of the rental agreement did have an area of the stadium that was selling their merchandise. It would have been a bit daft to sell some other clubs gear?
🤔 

That’s a bit like going to a Rod Stewart concert and the only thing you can buy is Bruce Springsteen t shirts.

I never went near the place myself. 

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Appreciate the detailed response but a simple ‘Yes we had a Celtic shop in our stadium’ would have been fine.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Appreciate the detailed response but a simple ‘Yes we had a Celtic shop in our stadium’ would have been fine.

Apologies but I was only providing factual information.

The photo constantly used by other fans demonstrates their ignorance about what actually happened.

That sign was temporarily outside the front of the stadium before Celtic were told to remove it. Which they did. Non story.

The familiarity thing - how does this exist? Assuming it is a thing, imagine the following.

Team A plays on artificial grass. They are familiar with it. 

Team B plays on grass and are familiar with that. 

Playing each other, home and away, how does team A have any advantage? This is before we look to the elephant in the room; teams that play on grass and train on astroturf.