Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

Bene and Walcott looks a great partnership at the back. Both were solid, Walcott in particular won everything. Hope Edwards doesn't end up with any knock to keep him out. Glad he looked ok enough to play on but was even more glad they subbed him off. Happy with that back 4 definitely. It's also great being able to have otoo with Hamilton in midfield, been a massive miss all season imo. Todd and hosler back to last season form and shows how much we've missed them. Chalmers and Allan are not good enough and to me it showed. Jakubiak was MOTM for me. The guy was unplayable and was a main factor in all 3 goals. Hopefully he can play like that for the rest of the season. Kane back will be huge too. Also glad that we have got the top 2 out of the way for the last quarter so all to play for. Play like tonight and for most part v Rovers, can't see why we won't finish mid table, can't see us making the play offs but comfortably finish above the bottom 2 🤞

Edited by Leedafc

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Heaton said:

They're happy for the young ld who scored ya 🔔 end. He's had a mare with injuries all season and was about greeting with joy 

Think you’re missing the point ya 🛎️end.  More to do with McPakes views on other teams celebrating

39 minutes ago, Heaton said:

They're happy for the young ld who scored ya 🔔 end. He's had a mare with injuries all season and was about greeting with joy 

Was greeting for 3 months about us celebrating a win. Tonight he is caught wildly celebrating a single goal. Winning cup finals and promotions is the only time celebrating is acceptable.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seen some truly awful defending this year with our perma-crocked back line but United tonight looked ever worse than we did. No idea how much Gallagher is on but it's far far too much.

Same with Watt and Moult, hilariously bad the pair of them.

As poor as United were Jak, Kane, Todd, Edwards and Walcott were so so good.

Makes a big difference to have a squad to pick from but McPake changing it to a back 5 was a massive mistake and totally gave up our midfield dominance. Allan looked good but him and Chalmers in the middle are a complete liability.

Said last week that United should have punted Goodwin ages ago. Presumably he goes tomorrow to get someone who knows what they are doing to get them over the line.

This is utterly all over the place. 

5 minutes ago, spot on said:

Think you’re missing the point ya 🛎️end.  More to do with McPakes views on other teams celebrating

I presume that you are as critical of Murray then? 

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Was greeting for 3 months about us celebrating a win. Tonight he is caught wildly celebrating a single goal. Winning cup finals and promotions is the only time celebrating is acceptable.

TBF  when he had his whinge the celebrations were right beside him. He was nowhere near the United bench when he had his wee dance. 

Edited by Union St Gilloise
Spelling error

9 minutes ago, North West said:

This is utterly all over the place. 

Don't think it is.

We were very good but you could see the drop off when Chalmers and Allan were in midfield last 15. Also the change to back three made us look more vulnerable. 

On 13/03/2024 at 11:13, Big Shedboy said:

Due to my experiences as a United fan for 40-odd years, I would be more surprised by a comfortable win, than a loss.

Surprised are we??? get that roond ye ya melt

On 12/03/2024 at 23:40, The SandDancer said:

Dunfermline no winning this, McPake hates playing against United and is a bigger bottle merchant than Goodwin. 3 Nil to Yinited.

Well that aged well didn't it

Can’t be bothered leading the last 24 pages. We played very well and were clinical. Jakubiak, Todd and KRH played brilliantly. Defence were all solid too. Thought we thoroughly deserved that.

United were poor. Raith genuinely look more like champion material. There was a ball across our goal late on, where I commented “Raith would have scored there”. They weren’t clinical enough and were poor defensively. From what I’ve seen, Raith are much more clinical and wouldn’t concede 3 goals in one game against us.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Can’t be bothered leading the last 24 pages. We played very well and were clinical. Jakubiak, Todd and KRH played brilliantly. Defence were all solid too. Thought we thoroughly deserved that.

United were poor. Raith genuinely look more like champion material. There was a ball across our goal late on, where I commented “Raith would have scored there”. They weren’t clinical enough and were poor defensively. From what I’ve seen, Raith are much more clinical and wouldn’t concede 3 goals in one game against us.

Aye. I sadly think Raith might win this league. 

God knows how Goodwin keeps getting top jobs. Terrible manager.

5 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Been impressed by the townie Left back this season. Would be disappointed if we are not making moves to sign him up for next season.

We knocked back a six figure offer from Barnsley in january for him. That's a lot of conservatories.