Motherwell v St. Mirren

That was a turgid affair truth be told. We started brightly then for the 600th time this season conceded a comic cuts goal when even basic defending would have prevented it. Basic defending that is beyond this team. For the 3rd season in a row I will say we need to sort out the CB positions next year. A bloody priority ! 

St Mirren looked a poorer version of the earlier season team but it did look like they knew they did not have to do too much to stop us scoring and take away the 3 points. Until we scored that is. I did feel we had quite a few decent opportunities in terms of possession and crosses into their box. But I also felt like we were never going to score. Until we did.

A draw was OK given Ross C and St J lost. So a game down and a point gained on both. Not a bad days work.

Impressed by the St Mirren crowd. Clearly losing 5 goals in 20 minutes had been forgiven as many supports would have see a noticeable drop off. Credit it to them for turning up. Top 6 all but wrapped up. Another season when we have to accept they are the better side. This will not do at all 😉.

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Just glad to have made it through that without serious injury.

To be fair most people think that as they're leaving Motherwell.

8 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Yeah because Paisley is often confused with Xanadu.

Well Paisley does have a Yuan Dynasty vibe about it. Unlike Motherwell which if you had to think what Chinese Imperial Dynasty does this place remind me of, then I think most people would settle on Ming.

Don't want to go all Elvis on here, but that might be the last point we pick up this season. Can't see us getting anything off Hearts or Celtic. Then if we're still in the top 6 there'll be 5 pumpings from the others... 

And we're still MILES better than Motherwell...  

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Don't want to go all Elvis on here, but that might be the last point we pick up this season. Can't see us getting anything off Hearts or Celtic. Then if we're still in the top 6 there'll be 5 pumpings from the others... 

And we're still MILES better than Motherwell...  

Based on today I would say you are a few millimetres better than Motherwell. 

Just now, welldaft said:

Based on today I would say you are a few millimetres better than Motherwell. 

There’s millimetres between most of us. We had a stellar start to the season, then pretty much been meh since.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You sure you don't mean "a Yulin vibe"?

Nope, but it's nice to see one of the 'Well fans going down the dog eating route when Chinese culture is mentioned. 

Stay classy. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You were saying?

I was.  Nice attempt at deflection there though.  Any other racial stereotypes you want to trot out?

43 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I was.  Nice attempt at deflection there though.  Any other racial stereotypes you want to trot out?

You're taking this WAY too seriously. Any dog-eating slur was aimed at Paisley, although I'm heartened you took the time to Google "Yulin".

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

Fcuk me, if this thread hasn’t taken an unexpected bollocks turn. Motherwell’s a shitehole, naw, Paisley’s a shitehole. Utter shite, not seen since the St Mirren v Dundee thread earlier this season.

Here’s the news. Both Motherwell & Paisley are basically aw’right, but far from perfect. Like 99% of ‘normal’ Scottish towns… I live in one of them, a place I only moved to for work reasons, but don’t want to leave, despite being retired and don’t need to live in Cumbernauld anymore. 

Come on lads, we’re all better than that. He said, risking ‘birthday caird pish’ jibes, but there you go. 🫡

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Come on lads, we’re all better than that. 

You're right, and I would like to offer my apologies to anyone who was offended by what was merely a bit of light hearted banter designed to take our minds off the eye-bleeding fare served up at Fir Park today.

a3c67cee-5e7d-4358-a796-576025554923_tex

12 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You're right, and I would like to offer my apologies to anyone who was offended by what was merely a bit of light hearted banter designed to take our minds off the eye-bleeding fare served up at Fir Park today.

a3c67cee-5e7d-4358-a796-576025554923_tex

Aye, we need dodgy VAR decisions, a dubious red card, a goalkeeping howler and a Tavernier penalty or ten. 😜

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fcuk me, if this thread hasn’t taken an unexpected bollocks turn.

TBH most match threads on P&B that turn to ratshit have one common factor, St.mirren fans posting.